Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 24th January 2007, 09:11   #161  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janvitos View Post
LOL @ powersupply sockets near the floor.... oh and nice video
bob0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 11:07   #162  |  Link
Spc01
Speaks dts

Muslix64 excellent work.
You made HD-DVD/ BluRay fair use.

Spc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 13:38   #163  |  Link
Janvitos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfzLVogXOpM
Janvitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 13:53   #164  |  Link
mrazzido

thx to the video janvitos , i think WB called youtube fast to remove the video ehhe :-D , like muslix64 video .
mrazzido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 19:28   #165  |  Link
HD Hell

Hi muslix and janvitos - how is it coming with getting backupbluray to handle Volume unique keys?
HD Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 20:02   #166  |  Link
muslix64

Janvitos told me he didn't seen that, but is there anyone who have seen a Blu-ray movie with more than one CPS unit key per disc? This will help me doing the volume key thing...

Look in the Unit_key_ro.inf file.

Last edited by muslix64; 24th January 2007 at 20:04.
muslix64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 20:18   #167  |  Link
mrazzido

i test a backupped bd movie on ps3 jap. edition , it doesnt work :-( . " unknown disk "

@muslix64
i see only one cps key on my movies. if i see more i write you immediatly,get next day new delivery :-)
Old 24th January 2007, 20:18   #168  |  Link
2bigkings

which movie @mrazzido?
2bigkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 20:21   #169  |  Link
mrazzido

i test 2 movies on BD-R and BD-RE ICE AGE II and The Fugitive both PAL . doenst work , can the ps3 handle PAL movie?
Old 24th January 2007, 20:26   #170  |  Link
2bigkings

the fugitive should be playable on a PS3 because the movie is regionfree

PS3 JAPAN
Region A Movies (Japan / Asia / USA)

PS3 ASIA
Region A Movies (Japan / Asia / USA)

PS3 US
i dont know..

let's talk in a ps3 thread, because this thread is about blu-ray and aacs...

ps: have a look at blu-ray regionfree movies at http://bluray.lindsite.dk/

Last edited by 2bigkings; 24th January 2007 at 20:34.
2bigkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 20:30   #171  |  Link
hajj_3

2bigkings, that will be the next step once we get ime working and a single app to do everything in backuphddvd and backupbluray. there is probably some bytes somewhere on the discs which tell the player what region it is, im sure we will find out where those bytes are and change the discs to ripped discs to multiregion, or even hack the firmware to multi-region.
hajj_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 21:18   #172  |  Link
K40

I heard that Standalone Blu-ray Players only can playback
AACS protected Discs.Would it be possible that this is the
case with the PS3?On this Forum it has been reported
that a backup from 5th Element on a SL Blu-ray R was
working in a Samsung Player.How was this done exactly?
K40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 23:15   #173  |  Link
Janvitos

I'm going to buy a PS3 later tonight and will keep you updated with the results.
Old 24th January 2007, 23:43   #174  |  Link
kuklitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janvitos View Post
I'm going to buy a PS3 later tonight and will keep you updated with the results.
>>>>>It sems that you trully mad esome investing sacrifice and I just hope that we al get benefif from it and even more is we all could do some kind of reward of yoyr financial and time investment to aou r common cause !
kuklitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 23:48   #175  |  Link
iampivot

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslix64 View Post
This is a very basic, but powerfull crypto attack that I have used to decrypt both format.

[...]
Because I know the keys are unprotected in memory, I can skip all the painfull process of code reversal.

I don't have any Blu-Ray equipment but I was able to recover the keys anyways... because I had access to a memory dump file and a media file.
[...]
Do you see something special? Do you see any pattern?

The first byte is always D1 and the 5th byte is always 47. Can we use that to mount the known-plaintext attack? Of course!
[...]
Any questions?
Based on this reasoning, can the same be done to do a known plaintext attack against the device key?

I'm assuming that the device key is also at one time present in the memory dump, and the title key is the known plaintext from the disc header. Thus, the attack described could in theory be used to try to decrypt the disc header to see if parts of it matches the title key.

The device key is probably discarded just after use, so a more elaborate memory dump scheme is probably needed.
Old 24th January 2007, 23:49   #176  |  Link
Janvitos

Don't worry about it i'm returning the stuff anyways
Only the movies and BD-RE discs i can't return but they'll be useful to me anyways.
Old 24th January 2007, 23:54   #177  |  Link
Electrox3d

PS3 blu-ray compatibility with burned media

I'm glad I can finally be of some help to this cause. So, the reason your PS3 cannot play your burned BD-R or BD-RE disc is because the Firmware isn't supporting it yet. We are on Firmware 1.5, and this feature won't be supported until at least 2.0.

I noticed someone mentioned it worked with the Samsung BD player, and that is great because the PS3 slowly but surely takes everything every other player can do and does it better with Firmware upgrades.

I have burners and PS3's available to do testing with, I just need enough HDD space hehe.
Old 25th January 2007, 19:11   #178  |  Link
nuclear bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampivot View Post
Based on this reasoning, can the same be done to do a known plaintext attack against the device key?

I'm assuming that the device key is also at one time present in the memory dump, and the title key is the known plaintext from the disc header. Thus, the attack described could in theory be used to try to decrypt the disc header to see if parts of it matches the title key.

The device key is probably discarded just after use, so a more elaborate memory dump scheme is probably needed.
Well, it would be a lot more difficult, first of all there is no such thing as 'the one and only device key', each device is assigned a set of device keys together with their u,v subtree mask (cfr specs).
The media key in the MKB on the disc is encrypted using a number of keys (say n times with n keys), this number is dependent on the number of actual revocations (the larger the number of revocations, the more encrypted entries you will find).
The device will search for a working key in it's device key set (complicated search using the uv masks, the device number, the device keyset, and a key derivation alg...) and will be able to use it to decrypt just one of the n encrypted media key entries. If the device is revoked it will not find a matching key in it's set and will not be able to get to the title key.
So in order to use this 'device key mechanism', one needs to discover all the keys assigned to a player and their corresponding u,v subtree mask + the device number! So this is a lot more then finding 128 consecutive bits in memory.
In fact I consider the AACS spec quite secure and a 'real crack' would include cracking AES-128. The funny thing is that this whole complex MKB decoding algorithm is bypassed by a trick based on finding the title key immediately in memory.
nuclear bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2007, 04:51   #179  |  Link
miro
Resistance is futile

hopefully there will be such tools available for linux too...
My new hoster: .. bplaced ..
miro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2007, 14:42   #180  |  Link
dvdguru

The problem is that some devices only play BDAV and not BDMV if the support is a BD-RE or a BD-R.

BDAV= format for home made HD videos
BDMV= format for pre-recorded HD film

The Samsung BD-P1000 & the Panasonic BD-10 CAN play BDMV (so the ripped film) with menu & everything, I do all the test and I can confirm it.
The PS3 can't player BDMV, and is not for incompatibility but it's a Sony decision. They can unlock this when the want, like Samsung.

Samsung BD-P1000: first firmware plays BDMV. 1.1 & 1.2 don't play BDMV. And now the latest play BDMV. It's a politic reason.

There is only a problem now: if you burn a dual layer BD you can't replicate the layer change info & the disc doesn't work fine, when you arrive @ latyer change the playback stops.
dvdguru is offline   Reply With Quote