Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Old 15th December 2006, 12:33   #1  |  Link
ajocius

Audio Profiles, quick selection

Hi,

I have one internal soundcard (Audigy 2), one integrated soundcard on motherboard that has front and rear exits for audio devices. I also have web camera with microphone.

I have various devices connected to the PC. Headset and microfon to front connection of motherboard audio, AV receiver via digital to rear connection of motherboard audio, AV receiver via analog to rear connection of motherboard audio (this is because AV receiver would not send audio to zone 2 when the feed signal is digital....), Creative speaker set via analog Audigy 2 connections, webcamer via USB.

Depending on what I do, I need to change Sound and Audio devices. I have many possible "profiles" :
1. talking Skype with headphones (better audio in quality, but only one user)
2. talking skype with webcamer, and audio out via Creative speakers (many users can hear)
3. Play movie from PC (audio feeded digital to AV Receiver)
4. Play music in Zone 1 (audio same as above)
5. Play music in Zone (analog audio from Audigy feeded to AV receiver)
6. Play audio via Audigy analog out to creative speaker set.
7. .....

Currently I manualy change Sound and Audio devices under Control Panel. This obviously takes time and is "old time kind of way..." .

Would be great to have some sound profiles, that I could change with one click. Or even have a .bat file, where first I would change sound and audio devices and then with second command start media application in the same .bat file .

Do you have an idea on how could I implement this?
ajocius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2006, 12:42   #2  |  Link
ajocius

Do you guys always change it manually?
ajocius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2006, 15:50   #3  |  Link
unmei
frying subs

i use only one "sound card" at a time. In the computers where i bothered to install an actual PCI card, i disabled the onboard sound in the BIOS.

I guess no one answered you because no one had your problem, and found a better solution.

Your opening post is quite on the point, it's not a problem to understand what you mean. Therefore i suspect everybody understood you, just thought they would not answer because they can't help.
I can't help neither, but if you insist on an answer now, i thought maybe it helps you to know what the silence means
Old 22nd December 2006, 00:26   #4  |  Link
Brother John
(schein)heilig

According to an MSDN forum post the registry value
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Multimedia\Sound Mapper\Playback
sets the standard audio device, at least on WinXP. I've never tried playing with that value but it might be a starting point. If it works, all you'd need is some *.reg files with the different setups. I'm sceptical, though. On my system the USB-card is standard device, but the reg value still points to the onboard sound chip.

When lost in BeSweet's options, have a look at the Commandline Reference.
DVD nach MPEG-4 klappt nicht? Verzweifelt? Auf zum Encodingwissen!
Brother John is offline   Reply With Quote