Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 12th March 2011, 15:05   #441  |  Link
Big Vern

Used it yesterday for the first time. This is what I have been looking for, to put a few HD films on a blu-ray disc with a simple menu, nothing too fancy!

A couple of things though. Is it possible to change the menu to suit my needs? I saw a button to change the background image, on the intro screen, but although I set it to the image I wanted, it would not change! I could only change that small cover image in the bottom left-hand side.

Also, I made a blu-ray disc with 3 films on & menu, and set it to output as an image file. I mounted the image file in slysofts virtual drive. When I tried to load it into WinDVD, it said "incompatible media"???
Big Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 18:28   #442  |  Link
mbc0

Hi,

I am just trying out this program for the following reasons, can you please offer any advice towards this?

I am looking to encode my m2ts files ripped directly from Blu-Ray Disks with a constant quality (The quality I am aiming for is that of the ones you can download from the internet by a guy called NPW & other various people) They seem to get absolutely perfect 720p quality on my 50" Plasma of around an average 90 min movie to around 2.5GB. when I select that kind of filesize in your program I get warned that the quality is too low & it is encouraging me to select a file size of around 8GB or more! If you can offer any advice or at least tell me if this is possible I would really appreciate it....

Many Thanks
mbc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 19:41   #443  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

AVCHDCoder 11.05.07 released

Hi,

Finally I found the time to continue with the development of AVCHDCoder. Some of the problems mentioned in this topic are also fixed. This is the changelog for version 11.05.07:

Quote:
Originally Posted by changelog 11.05.07
v11.05.07
Added - Remux mode for VC-1 and MPEG2 stream. H264 was already possible
Added - LPCM to DTS encoding for M2TS and BDMV mode. Surcode DVD DTS is required (Commercial software) and a registrered version of AVCHDCoder is required.
Added - Add your own items to the Tools list. You can add files and folders to the list. A registrered version of AVCHDCoder is required.
Fixed/Changed - Seamless Branched Blu-ray discs caused sync problems or errors while demuxing. I replaced tsMuxer with Eac3to for demuxing.
Fixed - Force subtitles track #1 can now be disabled in the settings (finally)
Fixed - On Windows Server editions no iso was created with ImgBurn because of a pipe | problem. Changed it to SRCLIST and now it should be fixed.
Changed - Settings file upgraded to another version (all current settings are lost).
Changed - AVCHDCoder Project Files (Saved jobs) changed to another version. Previous saved Project Files are not compatible with the new system.
Changed - Audioconversion with eac3to will now show the actual progress (percentage) instead of a looping progress bar.
Changed - Some other minor cosmetic changes
Updated - ImgBurn to 2.5.5.0
Updated - x264.exe 32 bit and 64 bit to r1947
Updated - ffdshow x86 and x64 to rev3760
Updated - eac3to to 3.24
Downloads:
AVCHDCoder 11.05.07 Setup.exe (124MB)
AVCHDCoder 11.05.07 Setup.exe (124MB) (Videohelp)
twazerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 21:39   #444  |  Link
Wildfire

Thanks for the new update. I'm very glad with AVCHDCoder: I can easily encode MKV and Blu-ray to AVCHD at high quality. Thanks for all your efforts!

---

While I'm here I might as well ask a question: the program states it support TS as source, however I assume this is with several limitations. I tried a TS from my HDTV recorder (Humax iHDR-5050C) but AVCHDCoder only pops up an error that it cannot read the file ("Error reading file."). Probably due to the way the HDTV recorder stores its stuff in the TS file?

Last edited by Wildfire; 8th May 2011 at 21:43.
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 18:41   #445  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
While I'm here I might as well ask a question: the program states it support TS as source, however I assume this is with several limitations. I tried a TS from my HDTV recorder (Humax iHDR-5050C) but AVCHDCoder only pops up an error that it cannot read the file ("Error reading file."). Probably due to the way the HDTV recorder stores its stuff in the TS file?
Yes, .ts files are supported in a limited way. If the source is OK the conversion works but many recorders create a file with strange audio delays. I also own the Humax recorder and it is very hard to get the file right. I get many sync problems if I demux the file or convert it with other applications. There is 1 application (forgot the name) that can regenerate a cleaner file from Humax iHDR-5050C source files. But even then it is tricky to get a perfect conversion.

Edit: It also depends what channel you record with the humax. Each channel is saved in slightly different format so for each channel another approach is needed. (Stupid cable company)

Last edited by twazerty; 10th May 2011 at 20:47.
Old 17th May 2011, 23:38   #446  |  Link
Wildfire

Just donated this week, love the program. However, besides the .TS issue as stated above, I've never been able to have AVCHDCoder make an ISO. Somehow it just refuses to do so. I have to manually start IMGBurn to build an ISO using the BDMV and STREAM folders from the TEMP folder. Anyone else with this issue?

Last edited by Wildfire; 18th May 2011 at 11:00.
Old 3rd July 2011, 10:10   #447  |  Link
Wildfire

^ bumping the topic ^

Twazerty: two issues - AVCHDCoder still doesn't make ISO's on my Windows Server 2008 R2 system. Not really a big problem, I just do it with ImgBurn afterwards. As not many people will be using a server OS, I can understand if this issue doesn't get fixed. Other issue can be fixed, I'd like to be able to have an intro but no menu. AVCHDCoder only lets you choose between a menu and an intro, and no menu and no intro. In a future version of AVCHDCoder would you please include an option to only have an intro and no menu?

-- Edit: I have had contact with twazerty through e-mail. The 'intro but no menu'-option will probably be included in a future version of AVCHDCoder.

Update: concerning the IMGBurn / Windows Server 2008 R2 issue, I saw in the logs that the destination-switch does not use quotation marks:

/DEST D:\AVCHDCoder films\movie\movie.iso

Should that not be:

/DEST "D:\AVCHDCoder films\movie\movie.iso"

Last edited by Wildfire; 6th July 2011 at 08:54.
Old 6th July 2011, 23:48   #448  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
^ bumping the topic ^

Twazerty: two issues - AVCHDCoder still doesn't make ISO's on my Windows Server 2008 R2 system. Not really a big problem, I just do it with ImgBurn afterwards. As not many people will be using a server OS, I can understand if this issue doesn't get fixed. Other issue can be fixed, I'd like to be able to have an intro but no menu. AVCHDCoder only lets you choose between a menu and an intro, and no menu and no intro. In a future version of AVCHDCoder would you please include an option to only have an intro and no menu?

-- Edit: I have had contact with twazerty through e-mail. The 'intro but no menu'-option will probably be included in a future version of AVCHDCoder.

Update: concerning the IMGBurn / Windows Server 2008 R2 issue, I saw in the logs that the destination-switch does not use quotation marks:

/DEST D:\AVCHDCoder films\movie\movie.iso

Should that not be:

/DEST "D:\AVCHDCoder films\movie\movie.iso"
Looks like that could be the solution. I didn't notice it. On normal windows it just runs fine without the quotes. But it is better if they are there. Can you test something out for me?
Open cmd and past the imgburn command (can be found in the log) so you get this:
- WinKey + R (Run)
- cmd
- complete command WITH and WITHOUT quotes. If it fails without quotes and passes with quotes then we found it.
Old 7th July 2011, 09:03   #449  |  Link
Wildfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by twazerty View Post
Looks like that could be the solution. I didn't notice it. On normal windows it just runs fine without the quotes. But it is better if they are there. Can you test something out for me?
Open cmd and past the imgburn command (can be found in the log) so you get this:
- WinKey + R (Run)
- cmd
- complete command WITH and WITHOUT quotes. If it fails without quotes and passes with quotes then we found it.
As I ran an encode tonight, I could test it right away... and I have now discovered what went wrong.

I tried not using the /CLOSE switch, so I could actually see what error ImgBurn encountered. Turns out it had nothing to do with the quotation marks! The problem was that I had my own copy of ImgBurn on the system, which I had configured to use WNASPI32.DLL as ASPI-interface. It then uses that file if present in its own folder. Apparently, those settings are saved in the registry or some default location - your ImgBurn copy used those settings too. As your copy of ImgBurn did not have the WNASPI32.DLL file in its folder, it didn't work -- it had no access to the ASPI interface.

After copying WNASPI32.DLL to your ImgBurn's folder, it worked just fine -- without the quotation marks for the /DEST switch. However, to be on the safe side I'd recommend using them anyway. I tested it with and without quotation marks and both ways worked fine.

As for the ASPI-interface: the copy of ImgBurn used by AVCHDCoder apparently uses settings from an user-installed ImgBurn. Would it not be better to check if ImgBurn is installed on the user's system already and then using that copy of ImgBurn? At least that way you'd prevent the kind of error I encountered.

-- Edit: ImgBurn's default setting is to use Microsoft's SPTI. As that is present in Windows itself, ImgBurn will work regardless of location on your system. However, if you configure for Nero's WNASPI32.DLL the file needs to be present in the folder of ImgBurn itself. I don't know if the same applies to the ASAPI, ElbyCDIO or Patin-Couffin ASPI interfaces.

Last edited by Wildfire; 7th July 2011 at 09:31.
Old 9th July 2011, 10:43   #450  |  Link
Wildfire

Small kick for another question: I just saw that BDtoAVCHD has added 3D support so you can create 3D AVCHD or MKV's (side-by-side). Will AVCHDCoder add support for this feature too?
Old 9th July 2011, 18:24   #451  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Small kick for another question: I just saw that BDtoAVCHD has added 3D support so you can create 3D AVCHD or MKV's (side-by-side). Will AVCHDCoder add support for this feature too?
Currently not but you can expect it in the next release. Blu-ray MVC to AVCHD SBS. Currently testing and investigating everything. Don't know about the Blu-ray subs yet (if they can be used or not)
Old 9th July 2011, 19:53   #452  |  Link
Wildfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by twazerty View Post
Currently not but you can expect it in the next release. Blu-ray MVC to AVCHD SBS. Currently testing and investigating everything. Don't know about the Blu-ray subs yet (if they can be used or not)
No problem, it's not as if I want this feature implemented yesterday

When it is introduced, I've got a few 3D Blu-rays here that I could try to convert. I hope it'll work just as well as with normal Blu-rays
Old 19th July 2011, 03:30   #453  |  Link
rjn092550

AVCHDcoder was exactly what I was looking for. 99% of my BluRay movies have been backed-up on my server. For some reason, get an error when trying to shrink 'Star Trek' and 'Kingdon of Heaven', and 'Quantum of Solace' won't process correctly (video freezes, audio ok on playback). Has anyone else reported problems when trying to process these movies? I use AnyDVD to rip disc to ISO, mount ISO and access BDMV folder from there. Run under Windows 7 64 w/icore 7 Dell.
rjn092550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 08:13   #454  |  Link
Wildfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn092550 View Post
AVCHDcoder was exactly what I was looking for. 99% of my BluRay movies have been backed-up on my server. For some reason, get an error when trying to shrink 'Star Trek' and 'Kingdon of Heaven', and 'Quantum of Solace' won't process correctly (video freezes, audio ok on playback). Has anyone else reported problems when trying to process these movies? I use AnyDVD to rip disc to ISO, mount ISO and access BDMV folder from there. Run under Windows 7 64 w/icore 7 Dell.
I own the UK retail release of Star Trek (with Dutch subtitles). I have no problems with this movie. I also use AnyDVD, however I do not rip to ISO but have AnyDVD HD rip the file structure to hard drive.
Old 2nd August 2011, 00:59   #455  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

can this program output to MKV file (movie only) as i don't actually want a BD Structure disk?
Pulp Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 06:52   #456  |  Link
Wildfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp Catalyst View Post
can this program output to MKV file (movie only) as i don't actually want a BD Structure disk?
No, it can't. If you want to output to MKV, you could take a look at BDtoAVCHD which does have the option to output to MKV.
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:02   #457  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

unfortunately BDtoAVCHD in MKV mode only supports CRF (1 pass) so can't do target filesize option,

Handbrake & BDRebuilder corrupts a certain point in transformers
i did post error in handbrake forum my post is at the bottom
https://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21690

transformers source is ok checked, about 4 frames corrupts always in the same place when converting?

thanks for the reply, is there a program that can convert a BD structure to a MKV file without re-compressing?
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:53   #458  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
is there a program that can convert a BD structure to a MKV file without re-compressing?
MakeMKV...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 20:52   #459  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

tried that but said something about trial activated, i was hoping for a more open source option, and not commercial product.
Old 5th August 2011, 22:14   #460  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

AVCHDCoder 11.08.03

I released a new version.

You can download AVCHDCoder 11.08.03 here:
AVCHDCoder 11.08.03 Setup.exe (80MB)
AVCHDCoder 11.08.03 Setup.exe (80MB) (Videohelp)
Log: Changelog

Tags
avchd, mkv