Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th February 2010, 15:12   #11  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
I am just curious if anyone is running an i7 rig right now and has any recommendations...? I have gone from a mid-level gamer to an almost exclusive video encoder and need more power!
That is the same thing that happened to me. I somehow went from PC gaming to video encoding addict. Last year I picked up a Core i7 920 D0 Stepping and an Asus P6Tv2 Deluxe along with 6GB DDR3 1600 memory. I overclocked the i7 to 4ghz with HT on and I can encode a movie in single pass CQ18 @ 720p in about an hour and a half. I haven't tried 1080p so I can't say, but the upgrade was well worth it. I have successfully OC'ed the processor to 4.3, but it just runs too hot for my taste and I have to keep the fan running full tilt. Plus, as you mentioned, LGA1366 will allow for migration to the Gulftown CPU. Anyways, the 920 is definitely an OC'ing dream and you should buy it while you can.
Balthazar2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360