Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2008, 17:12   #4841  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregt View Post
Finally, the new changes for vob seem to be working well, but I am having a lot of issues with gaps and the audio being out of sync on various movies and TV shows.
P.S: Does eac3to detect the problematic DVDs to have pulldown flags? If so, please try using the "-keepPulldown" switch. Maybe that helps getting rid of the issues? I suspect that maybe those DVDs have mixed video/film content which eac3to may fail to properly detect. If that is the case the "-keepPulldown" switch should fully solve the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack1 View Post
I asked before but no answer... :-(
I can not drag'n'drop eac3to app. and hddvd/bd files to cmd window on Vista system on my laptop. Do you know how to fix it?
I've no idea. I don't think this is a problem I can fix in eac3to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonanza View Post
My commandline:
eac3to.exe "C:\Users\x\Desktop\lowen.ac3" "C:\Users\x\Desktop\lowen_x.ac3" -448 -slowdown

Error: "This audio conversion is not supported."

Why ? I just want to slowdown this AC3.
Works for me. Can you please post the full log text? Please don't type it. Please copy&paste it. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkai View Post
madshi, are u planning to import Bluray Sub demuxing?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cghebert View Post
First time poster but I have been following the thread on and off for a while. I recently got one of the new geforce 8200 motherboards that can send multichannel LPCM over HDMI and have been trying to get it setup properly. I am currently running it in XP SP3. I was able to create a 6 channel FLAC file no problem using eac3, and it plays fine in MPC with madflac. However, for some reason my receiver thinks it is getting a 7.1 channel file, instead of a 5.1 channel file, and the surround right and left channels come out of the surround back right and surround back left channels (I have a 7.1 system), while the surround left and right speakers are silent. All the other speakers (including sub), seem to work fine, except for stuttering, which is most certainly a driver issue, since it happens for all audio tracks.

What I'm trying to figure out is whether this is a another driver issue (quite possibly), or an issue related to how eac3 encodes the tracks. Maybe it is encoding the side surrounds as the back surrounds? This seems unlikely and I can't seem to find any reason why eac3 would, but hopefully someone can chime in and shed some light on the situation.
Hmmmm... This may be a bug in madFlac or in the driver. Don't know for sure. It's definitely not a bug in eac3to. Can you please post a report in the madFlac thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
I have a suggestion/proposal regarding chapters.

In HD DVD there's a possibility the chapters to have or not names and in blu-ray not such thing. Anyway, when chapter names aren't available haali media splitter displays them like in the 1st screen. But when names are available, even if they are chapter 1, chapter 2, etc are displayed like in screen 2, which in my opinion is much prettier. So, what i want to ask is eac3to to add names (chapter 1, chapter 2, etc) when they aren't available from the source.
I generally don't like the idea of manipulating our precious muxes just to work around how a specific filter behaves. What happens if in 6 months there's a new filter (or a new version of Haali's filter) which works differently? Maybe that new filter shows "chapter xyz" by itself - and in the locale language of the OS? The muxes we create today would then not be able to make use of that. Instead we'd see the hardcoded english text.

Still if the majority of you guys prefer to have eac3to fill in a "dummy" chapter text, I can add that. So let me know your opinion. Also, would you prefer "chapter" to be written as "Chapter" or as "chapter"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
I have a problem converting chcken little blu-ray to mkv. I get glitches in the 10 first seconds of the video. After that everything is fine. I made a sample. Tried different decoders/renderers during playback, nothing changed.
Thanks, will give that a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkorkie View Post
In a previous post in this thread (#4588), the error I've encountered on the Top Gun HD DVD still exists:

"The libav DTS decoder doesn't decode the 7th channel".

Just a friendly reminder that the bug still exists, in case anyone is interested. I will wait for a bugfix before I process this one.
Are you sure that you're using eac3to v2.46? Please check the log file to make sure. I don't understand why you should have this problem. It works for me with an external DTS-ES file at least. Don't have an EVO file ready with a DTS-ES track in it, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chouonsoku View Post
MediaInfo, dbPowerAmp, Winamp and foobar all saw the file as 48kHz. I had to demux the audio track to PCM and then encode to FLAC with eac3to after forcing all the settings.

When the PCM file was demuxed, eac3to wasn't reading the file at all, so I had to force the options.

Edit: Another go at demuxing, resulted in a 48 kHz wav file.
Hmmmm... I've checked, I don't have a m2ts sample here with 96kHz PCM in it. Would you mind uploading a little sample for me? 20MB should do the trick. Thanks!
Old 16th May 2008, 17:42   #4842  |  Link
nautilus7

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
I generally don't like the idea of manipulating our precious muxes just to work around how a specific filter behaves. What happens if in 6 months there's a new filter (or a new version of Haali's filter) which works differently? Maybe that new filter shows "chapter xyz" by itself - and in the locale language of the OS? The muxes we create today would then not be able to make use of that. Instead we'd see the hardcoded english text.

Still if the majority of you guys prefer to have eac3to fill in a "dummy" chapter text, I can add that. So let me know your opinion. Also, would you prefer "chapter" to be written as "Chapter" or as "chapter"?
I see your point. It's not a big deal though... We can always add chapter names manually afterwards (or use alternates like Yraen's GUI), so it doesn't really matter. (It's just a came across a movie with ~50 chapters recently and i was bored adding the names )

Anyway, if you are for it, i vote for capital C.
Old 16th May 2008, 18:57   #4843  |  Link
rkorkie

Quote:
Are you sure that you're using eac3to v2.46? Please check the log file to make sure. I don't understand why you should have this problem. It works for me with an external DTS-ES file at least. Don't have an EVO file ready with a DTS-ES track in it, though.!
Yes, I just checked the changelog and I'm using 2.46. Are there any other suggestions or command lines you'd like me to try to see if I can fix this? Is there a way to splice an EVO file and upload it so we can test on a smaller chunk?
Old 16th May 2008, 21:42   #4844  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Yes, I just checked the changelog and I'm using 2.46. Are there any other suggestions or command lines you'd like me to try to see if I can fix this? Is there a way to splice an EVO file and upload it so we can test on a smaller chunk?
You could use a hexeditor to create a small sample. Or you could let EvoDemux rebuild the EVO - and then abort the rebuilding process after 20MB are created and then upload those 20MB.
Old 16th May 2008, 21:56   #4845  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
Or for a cleaner way you can use HDBDsplit.
Old 16th May 2008, 22:06   #4846  |  Link
rkorkie

Quote:
You could use a hexeditor to create a small sample. Or you could let EvoDemux rebuild the EVO - and then abort the rebuilding process after 20MB are created and then upload those 20MB.
I have a 20MB file ready. Where should I upload? I'd rather not use rapidshare or things like that. Do you have an anonymous FTP or something?
Old 16th May 2008, 22:11   #4847  |  Link
rkorkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPH0NE View Post
Or for a cleaner way you can use HDBDsplit.
I just tried HDBDSplit and it couldn't process the EVO. Said it couldn't write the files. fyi.

Last edited by rkorkie; 16th May 2008 at 22:19. Reason: Was lazy and couldn't find the software at first.
Old 16th May 2008, 23:50   #4848  |  Link
Yraen

madshi,

I've been thinking about the blank chapters. If you don't want to include it in eac3to I can add a user input to allow the user to change "Chapter" to whatever they wish. If you do include it, I vote capital C also.
Old 17th May 2008, 00:02   #4849  |  Link
stinman

eac3to and TsmuxeR to get smaller Blu-Ray folder,help please?

Hi,I been trying to get eac3to to work for me but for the life of me I can not! A guy said to use eac3to find the play list along with the mlp audio tracks and then just bring the ones you choose up with TsmuxeR.I have the 2.46 version of eac3to,the command line and the gui.He said to use the command line version to get what I want.I do not want to re encode anything,I just want to cut it down in size,like get rid of extras and all the other lang and stuff.I have eat up all most 1.5 tbs of Hdd space.The command line version is in my program files,thats where I un zipped it to.What would be the exact command to use to get it to read the play list from a Blu-Ray disk from the drive or the folder.I have Dejau on my "L" hard drive,blu-ray ripped with AnydvdHD.I have other iso's also on same drive.I do not know how to write commands.Can you help me?Thanks
Mark
Old 17th May 2008, 00:31   #4850  |  Link
stinman

Dejavu has a bunch of chapters I guess because there is 7 or 8 m2ts files with 4gbs and under.I tried for hours last night to get eac3to give me a reading from the disk when it was in the DVD\HDDVD\BD\ multi drive by LG that I have.I could get a cmd to pop up with info on it but it would not stay.I started thinking that uac was stopping it but I believe I just do not know the proper commands.If I can see a command I can use it and remember it.So madshi what commands make this program work.All I want to do is see the playlist in the cmd window.Can you help me achieve this? I will be at your command,HaHa

Mark
Old 17th May 2008, 00:59   #4851  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
I just tried HDBDSplit and it couldn't process the EVO. Said it couldn't write the files. fyi.

Hmmm..Never had problem with it but then again I haven't used it a while. Oh well, whatever.
Old 17th May 2008, 08:35   #4852  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
I have a 20MB file ready. Where should I upload? I'd rather not use rapidshare or things like that. Do you have an anonymous FTP or something?
I'd suggest SendSpace. If you don't like that you can also reduce the sample size to < 10MB and email it to dear (at) madshi (dot) net.
Old 17th May 2008, 08:36   #4853  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinman View Post
Hi,I been trying to get eac3to to work for me but for the life of me I can not! A guy said to use eac3to find the play list along with the mlp audio tracks and then just bring the ones you choose up with TsmuxeR.I have the 2.46 version of eac3to,the command line and the gui.He said to use the command line version to get what I want.I do not want to re encode anything,I just want to cut it down in size,like get rid of extras and all the other lang and stuff.I have eat up all most 1.5 tbs of Hdd space.The command line version is in my program files,thats where I un zipped it to.What would be the exact command to use to get it to read the play list from a Blu-Ray disk from the drive or the folder.I have Dejau on my "L" hard drive,blu-ray ripped with AnydvdHD.I have other iso's also on same drive.I do not know how to write commands.Can you help me?
Well, you'll have a hard time using the command line tool if you don't know how to use the command line generally. I'd suggest trying the GUI here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=135095
Old 17th May 2008, 13:06   #4854  |  Link
BlackJack1

I did two times dts core extraction from BD Kingdom Of Heaven and no success.
First time:

eac3to v2.46
command line: "C:\Program Files\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "K:\HD\Kingdom of Heaven DC Blu-Ray 1080p MPEG2 DTS-HD\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts"+"K:\HD\Kingdom of Heaven DC Blu-Ray 1080p MPEG2 DTS-HD\BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts" 1: m:\hd\chapters.txt 3: m:\hd\kingdom.dts -core
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 3:09:33
1: Chapters, 63 chapters
2: MPEG2, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: DTS Master Audio, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
Creating file "m:\hd\chapters.txt"...
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[a03] Extracting DTS core...
[a03] Creating file "m:\hd\kingdom.dts"...
[a03] This TS/M2TS file seems to be damaged (discontinuity).
[a03] You can use the "-ignoreDiscon" switch to make eac3to ignore discontinuities.
[a03] Doing that might result in artifacts during playback, though.
Aborted at file position 20160348160.

And used -ignoreDiscon worse result:

eac3to v2.46
command line: "C:\Program Files\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "K:\HD\Kingdom of Heaven DC Blu-Ray 1080p MPEG2 DTS-HD\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts"+"K:\HD\Kingdom of Heaven DC Blu-Ray 1080p MPEG2 DTS-HD\BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts" 3: m:\hd\kongdom.dts -core -ignoreDiscon
[a03] Creating file "m:\hd\kingdom.dts"...
[a03] This doesn't seem to be a valid PES packet.
Aborted at file position 20160348160.

BD rip is fine according to man did it and plays using PowerDVD smootly...so I do not know what to thing about it

Used newest eac3to build.
Old 17th May 2008, 14:14   #4855  |  Link
Yraen

Quote:
Best bet is to rip it again. Players are generally more forgiving. I've got a couple of discs that won't rip but will play.
Old 17th May 2008, 15:33   #4856  |  Link
BlackJack1

Reriping is not possible - I friend sold it already...
Old 17th May 2008, 16:45   #4857  |  Link
nautilus7

Try xport
Old 17th May 2008, 22:34   #4858  |  Link
Snowknight26

Quote:
I don't think a sample will help. This looks like a real damage in the source file. A missing sync byte is a very simple check. There's not really a big chance that eac3to has a bug in this situation.

Is this a one part movie? Or does the movie consist of multiple m2ts files? In the latter case check the file size of all m2ts parts. Are they all divisible by 192?
Got another one of those sync byte errors (would test with an earlier version of eac3to but I don't have them) one a one part film. Reripped it, still the same thing. Used xport to demux the DTS MA, then ran it through eac3to:

Quote:
W:\Encoding Tools\eac3to>eac3to.exe disc1.dtshd disc1.flac
DTS Master Audio, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz, dialnorm: -4dB
Removing dialog normalization...
Decoding with DirectShow (Sonic Audio Decoder)...
DirectShow reports 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
Encoding FLAC...
Creating file "disc1.flac"...
This track is not clean. Processing aborted.
Please clean the track with delaycut and then retry eac3to.
Aborted at file position 181780480.
So lets see.. since delaycut doesn't handle DTS variants apart from DTS itself, I would say that that line should be removed/altered. Either that or some kind of -skipErrors switch.
Old 18th May 2008, 00:15   #4859  |  Link
nautilus7

You can use delaycut to spot the position and how big the problem is. If it's 1-2 frames you can use a hex editor to edit (correct) the dts frame header, so it can be processed by eac3to. PM me here or at HD... if you want any kind of help.
Old 18th May 2008, 01:42   #4860  |  Link
Yraen

Quote:
Reriping is not possible - I friend sold it already...
Just to let you know it is a bad rip.
Code:
eac3to v2.46
command line: "D:\editing apps\eac3to\2.46\eac3to.exe" "H:\HD\KINGDOM_OF_HEAVEN\" 1) 3: "N:\test\audio.dts" -core
Audio gap description file detected, will be used for processing...
[a03] Realizing DTS gaps...
[a03] Creating file "N:\test\audio.dts"...
Video track 2 contains 272688 frames.
eac3to processing took 15 minutes, 56 seconds.
Done.
I got a gaps file, but no discontinuity errors.

Tags
eac3to