Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 21st July 2004, 01:35   #1281  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

some AMD sempron informations can be found here: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=17314
Nothing of real interest...
Old 24th July 2004, 11:13   #1282  |  Link
faxmactor

I have video that is likely to be made with an buggy, early Xvid 1.0 (or earlier) build. It has lots of b-frames but no keyframes in the beginning.

Xvid is able to display it correctly as well as mplayer (which uses libavcodec, too), so I came to a conlusion that this issue could be fixed in ffdshow as wll. Milan, please have a look at.

A screenshot: HERE

A short clip (2,5M) demonstrating the issue "live": HERE
Old 24th July 2004, 17:46   #1283  |  Link
Bogalvator

Did you try setting the IDCT setting to XviD? (under the "Miscellaneous" section)
Old 24th July 2004, 17:54   #1284  |  Link
Soulhunter
Bored...

Some questions regarding ffdshow's audio decoder !!!

As its possible to upsample the audio...

- Could it be used the fix the SoundBlaster upsampling problem ???

- Should I upsample everything to 96000Hz for a Audigy2 ZS ???

- Is Kaiser "the best" upsampling algorithm of ffdshow ???

- Is it better than the Audigy's "bad" resampling ???

- When yes, how much better is it ???

Tia n' Bye

Visit my IRC channel

Last edited by Soulhunter; 24th July 2004 at 18:32.
Old 24th July 2004, 18:14   #1285  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally posted by faxmactor
A short clip (2,5M) demonstrating the issue "live": HERE
How about having the encode in an AVI container!
Old 24th July 2004, 21:16   #1286  |  Link
faxmactor

Quote:
Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital
How about having the encode in an AVI container!
How about Matroska BTW, it was not me who encoded this series, so can't do anything about it. But I don't think that the container format has anything to do with the video stream having been encoded with a dev version codec.

Last edited by faxmactor; 24th July 2004 at 21:24.
Old 25th July 2004, 02:39   #1287  |  Link
Coroner

@Soulhunter

The upsampling problem isn't solveable. It's a hardware issue with them. Some other cards (Not creative)with hacked drivers etc will give a non re-sampled output. There are few cards that will give a bit perfect output.

The EMU Digital Audio System cards which use a derivative of the EMU10K series will give bit perfect output. So will the Chaintech AV-710 with hacked firmware and drivers, although I think just the latest drivers will do it now. The M-Audio Transit USB (I have one) has bit perfect output with standard drivers. Of course none of these cards will do 3D audio EAX etc. Not sure on the AV-710 though, but I presume kmixer in windows will re-sample it anyway.

In short in order to get a non re-sampled bit perfect out put in windows one has to stuff around a bit.

For music I use foobar2000 with the ASIO output plugin and no re-sample output at 24 bits. For MPC I'm not sure whether it is possible to do it. A kernel streaming output or ASIO would probably do it.

For more info on the evil of kmixer and non bit perfect cards see Head-Fi Computers as source forum

It's a rather in-depth topic. Basically at the end of the day you can't get non re-sampled bit pefect output from any Creative card. Even the digital outputs on these cards are re-sampled. You can of course use a better software upsample to 48Khz before hand (or 96khz, if you choose) but it still will not be bit perfect. Unfortunately Creative continues to force this resampled non bitperfect problem on you no matter what. If you play games though I guess your stuck with them, as sensaura etc just from my experience isn't up to scratch.

Last edited by Coroner; 25th July 2004 at 02:43.
Old 25th July 2004, 11:59   #1288  |  Link
athos

ffdshow-20040725

milan gave me the go, so this is the first release in over a year to be put up on sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=255667

Plain vanilla; should work on i586 (Pentium) and up.
Old 25th July 2004, 13:14   #1289  |  Link
bond

Quote:
Originally posted by athos
milan gave me the go, so this is the first release in over a year to be put up on sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=255667
great!

maybe we should take this opportunity and close this 65 sites strong thread and continue the discussion in a new "ffdshow development #2" thread? i think noone finds anything anymore in this thread
what do you guys think?

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
Old 25th July 2004, 14:24   #1290  |  Link
Tommy Carrot

IMO the most important infos about ffdshow should go to a sticky, and this thread should be keeped for the normal everyday discussions about ffdshow (so we'd have a chance to make it the longest thread in doom9 ).
Old 26th July 2004, 17:54   #1291  |  Link
bond

okidoki, from my point of view its not a good idea to have too long (like 65 pages) threads, as its simply far too difficult to find any infos in them anymore

thats why this thread is now closed and everyone is invited in continuing the discussion about ffdshow development in the new and cosy ffdshow development #2 thread

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
Closed Thread