Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 23rd July 2016, 09:52   #2181  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryX View Post
First, this line doesn't work. SetLogParams("stderr", INFO). INFO or DEBUG is not recognized.
I admit that there's a hint of ambiguity in ultim's description of the function but even a miniscule amount of common sense would compensate for it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultim View Post
Avs+ received a logging facility. You can enable it using SetLogParams(target, level) at the beginning of your script. 'target' can be either "stderr", "stdout", or a path to a file. Level is LOG_ERROR/WARNING/INFO/DEBUG (not strings), with increasing verbosity.
How anyone would think that "ERROR" has a "LOG_" prefix but all the other levels don't is peculiar at best, particularly for someone who considers himself to be a developer.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 23rd July 2016 at 09:55.
Old 23rd July 2016, 09:59   #2182  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
I admit that there's a hint of ambiguity in ultim's description of the function but even a miniscule amount of common sense would compensate for it:

How anyone would think that "ERROR" has a "LOG_" prefix but all the other levels don't is peculiar at best, particularly for someone who considers himself to be a developer.
Ah, OK, I see where the confusion comes from. I'll go back and edit the post for more clarity.
Old 23rd July 2016, 10:03   #2183  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Quote:

Good feedback for Ultim, but you never miss a chance to insult

Taking a puff will help relieve the stress.
Old 23rd July 2016, 10:11   #2184  |  Link
thescrapyard

I use AVStoDVD that won't run correctly unless it detects AviSynth 2.6.x.x

If I install AviSynth, then install the latest release of AviSynth+ it fails complaining that AviSynth 2.6.x.x is not installed BUT if I install the first release of AviSynth+ its fine

If I install the latest release of AviSynth+ (r2076) by copying over the binaries overwriting the original avisynth.dll it once again refuses to run due to incorrect versions

The version is being report as avisynth.dll 0.1.0, so I'm assuming its now to match the new releases of avisynth+ but anything that specifically looks for the avisynth.dll 2.6.x.x. is going to fail
Old 23rd July 2016, 10:34   #2185  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescrapyard View Post
The version is being report as avisynth.dll 0.1.0, so I'm assuming its now to match the new releases of avisynth+ but anything that specifically looks for the avisynth.dll 2.6.x.x. is going to fail
You can try this
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...=csharpgeneral
Old 23rd July 2016, 10:39   #2186  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryX View Post
And you're complaining about insults? You're asking for them.
Old 23rd July 2016, 10:58   #2187  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:

If I install AviSynth, then install the latest release of AviSynth+ it fails complaining that AviSynth 2.6.x.x is not installed BUT if I install the first release of AviSynth+ its fine

If I install the latest release of AviSynth+ (r2076) by copying over the binaries overwriting the original avisynth.dll it once again refuses to run due to incorrect versions

you can install avs 2.6 and use mp_pipeline with ### dll: path with new avs+

I think avs+ should use another function to report version

something like PlusVersionNumber()

so the normal VersionNumber() will report the normal avs version that avs+ base on

Last edited by real.finder; 23rd July 2016 at 11:01.
Old 23rd July 2016, 11:04   #2188  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:

The Avisynth detection routine in AVS2DVD is flawed (as is the case with some other programs that attempt to detect Avisynth).

Most of these programs try something like this:
- Check if the registry pointer for the plug directory exists
- Check if the registry pointer for the install directory exists
- Check if "%ProgramFiles%"\Avisynth 2.5" exists
- Or - the worst I've seen - Check if "C:\Program Files\Avisynth 2.5" exists

All of the above methods are useless and don't even tell you if there's a working avisynth.dll and devil.dll in one of the directories to which the "%PATH%" environment variable points (i.e. system32/syswow64) which is all that's needed to have a working Avisynth environment.

Some, like AVS2DVD, do seem retrieve the file version of avisynth.dll but the detection fails elsewhere.

One can't properly detect Avisynth without some digging into the Win32 API and using IScriptEnvironment to get the file version, Avisynth interface version, etc.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 23rd July 2016 at 15:08.
Old 23rd July 2016, 11:35   #2189  |  Link
thescrapyard

Quote:
The Avisynth detection routine in AVS2DVD is flawed (and many other programs that attempt to detect Avisynth).

Most of these programs try something like this:
- Check if the registry pointer for the plug directory exists
- Check if the registry pointer for the install directory exists
- Check if "%ProgramFiles%"\Avisynth 2.5" exists
- Or - the worst I've seen - Check if "C:\Program Files\Avisynth 2.5" exists

All of the above methods are useless and don't even tell you if there's a working avisynth.dll and devil.dll in one of the directories to which the "%PATH%" environment variable points (i.e. system32/syswow64) which is all that's needed to have a working Avisynth environment.

Some, like AVS2DVD, do seem retrieve the file version of avisynth.dll but the detection fails elsewhere.

One can't properly detect Avisynth without some digging into the Win32 API and instantiating IScriptEnvironment to get the file version, Avisynth interface version, etc.

I've posted on the AVStoDVD forum, they are usually pretty quick with a response and fix if needed, suggesting to only check for the avisynth.dll and remove the version checks which would then allow me to use any release of avisynth+
Old 23rd July 2016, 11:44   #2190  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
I've posted on the AVStoDVD forum, they are usually pretty quick with a response and fix if needed, suggesting to only check for the avisynth.dll and remove the version checks which would then allow me to use any release of avisynth+
MrC is already using AVSMeter to retrieve the clip properties, it should be simple to use it to get the Avisynth version details with the "-avsinfo" switch.
Old 23rd July 2016, 13:18   #2191  |  Link
ryrynz

Not setting a default MT mode is giving me lower CPU time with one of my scripts than specifying mode 2 (mode 1 causes visual glitches and instability not surprisingly)
Another line removed from the script! That along with no longer needing to specify ffdshowsource's MT mode either is quite nice.

Just loving the stability & performance, so glad MT is in such great shape now. SEt's builds I think can now be laid to rest.
Could be about time for a release.
Old 23rd July 2016, 15:15   #2192  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Not setting a default MT mode is giving me lower CPU time with one of my scripts than specifying mode 2 (mode 1 causes visual glitches and instability not surprisingly)
If it is neither 1 or 2, then what is the "default default"?
Old 23rd July 2016, 16:56   #2193  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Not setting a default MT mode is giving me lower CPU time with one of my scripts than specifying mode 2
Is the difference really significant? I mean, are you sure it's not within the tolerance of measurement errors?
Old 23rd July 2016, 17:12   #2194  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Ultim, there's a small problem with the latest release. If FFMS2 (v2.22) is in my autoload folder I get "Parse: Unrecognized exception!" with any script I to load. Even just a simple script with just ColorBars(). By removing FFMS2 it works as usual. I have not has this problem with prior Avs+ releases.
Old 23rd July 2016, 17:28   #2195  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel.Deel View Post
Ultim, there's a small problem with the latest release. If FFMS2 (v2.22) is in my autoload folder I get "Parse: Unrecognized exception!" with any script I to load. Even just a simple script with just ColorBars(). By removing FFMS2 it works as usual. I have not has this problem with prior Avs+ releases.
Works fine for me (32 and 64 bit, XP64). Does AVSMeter -avsinfo reveal anything?
Old 23rd July 2016, 17:34   #2196  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Quote:
Works fine for me (32 and 64 bit, XP64). Does AVSMeter -avsinfo reveal anything?
No, I get the same "Parse: Unrecognized exception!" error.
Old 23rd July 2016, 17:38   #2197  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel.Deel View Post
No, I get the same "Parse: Unrecognized exception!" error.
Works for me too, both x86 and x64. For a more detailed inspection, I'm afraid I'm going to need to ask for your plugin directories. And make sure you're using r2082.

Last edited by ultim; 23rd July 2016 at 17:41. Reason: Edit because there's no need for a script
Old 23rd July 2016, 17:42   #2198  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Ok, figured out the problem, I had FFMS2.avsi file in there as well from an earlier FFMS2 version. The odd thing is that is has always been there and have not had a problem until now.

Edit: The ffms2.avsi was from v2.21. updating to the latest script fixed it.

Last edited by Reel.Deel; 23rd July 2016 at 17:46.
Old 23rd July 2016, 17:46   #2199  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

I've been getting "Parse: Unrecognized exception!", too.

Using Groucho's "Avisynth Version Switcher", but replacing with latest 2082 before running batch to 'install' AVSPLUS_x86.

Running just Avsmeter with no commands will crash and give the parse error.
Running AvisynthInfo will crash, too.

But, I notice, if I move all .avsi from the plugin folder to somewhere else not in the path, everything works.
I have to Import() manually for any of the .avsi (Dither_tools, v1.27.2), but everything still functions after that.

On a successful run of Avsmeter -info -log
Quote:
Log created with: AVSMeter 2.3.1 (x86)
OS version: Windows 10 (x64) (Build 10586)

Avisynth version string: AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2082, MT, i386)
File version: 0.1.0.0
Avisynth Interface Version: 6
Muli-threading support: Yes
Linker/compiler version: 14.0
Avisynth DLL location: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AviSynth.dll
Avisynth DLL time stamp: 2016-07-22, 20:10:12
PluginDir2_5 (HKCU, x86): D:\AVS_Ver\\AVSPLUS_x86\plugins
PluginDir2_5 (HKLM, x86): D:\AVS_Ver\\AVSPLUS_x86\plugins
EDIT: Also latest MSVC redist installed.
Trying to run the redist with 2082, it asks if I want to repair.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)
Old 23rd July 2016, 17:53   #2200  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Another problem, eedi3 v0.9.2.1 crashes AVSMeter with the following script (only tried with 32-bit so far):

Code:
SetFilterMTMode("eedi3_rpow2", 2) # don't matter which one I set, both crash
#SetFilterMTMode("eedi3", 2)

ColorBars(pixel_type="YV12")

eedi3_rpow2(2)

Prefetch(4)
There's no other plugins in the autoload directory other than eedi3 in the "plugins" folder and the core plugins in the "plugins+" folder.

Edit: replacing eedi3_rpow2 with eedi3() in the script above also crashes. BUT if you add threads=1 to both of them it works. Again, this use to work with earlier Avs+ versions.

Edit: also does not work with earlier Avs+ version. So it's not something that just happened recently.

Last edited by Reel.Deel; 23rd July 2016 at 19:37.
Closed Thread