Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th July 2019, 21:38   #41  |  Link
Adam65

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bit View Post
great program and I think the finished output is better than SVP, SVP uses Software Rendering (CPU) and maxes it out and my FAN goes crazy, however DR uses Hardware Rendering (GPU) and it almost maxes that out, but 1) the fan is almost silent, 2) the results are much better than that of SVP (which has much larger ringing artifacts around fast moving objects than DR...even on its highest quality setting)

- but I can also confirm DR is problematic with activation, it has twice automatically DE-ACTIVATED asking for activation... the owner blames my PC but I have many activated programs that do not do this... the activation is managed by a 3rd party

first time I simply reinstalled over the top as I had setting problems, after 14 days it asked me to reactivate, i contacted the owner who blamed my PC, so I used the 2nd activation you get with it???? and literally 2 months later it suddenly said (with no system changes at all) HARDWARE CONFIG CHANGE TOO MUCH SO LICENSE DEACTIVATED...??

cant activate it... awaiting devs reponse...but im betting he wont supply an activation code or reset it or whatever... try to force me to pay again for it...

edit: he's asked for the error report which reveals a bit too much info on your PC IMO - things like MAC and IP addresses are given out, Windows Key, the entire Identity of your system, and all crashes/errors - it was an 18MB text file!!! - Ive sent him it but told him Im not happy sharing all my private information with him
I agree, DR is better than SVP, unfortunately their license management is extremely annoying. I've contacted their support more than 10 times only for re-activating my license. Hope one day DR will fix their license management or SVP will catch up to provide equality product.
Adam65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2019, 14:10   #42  |  Link
suanm

The trial-DmitriRender doesn't work on my pc,because i use DmitriRender first.I see only green screen(images) when the playback of a 1080p movie.What's going on?
If i can't watch any of hd or uhd movies by using trial-DmitriRender,So how can i make up my mind to buy an official version?

My os system:win10 1803
video card:rtx2060,video drivers:WHQL 430.86

Last edited by suanm; 10th July 2019 at 01:19.
suanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2019, 00:24   #43  |  Link
Adam65

Quote:
Originally Posted by suanm View Post
The trial-DmitriRender doesn't work on my pc,because i use DmitriRender first.I see only green screen(images) when the playback of a 1080p movie.What's going on?
If i can't watch any of hd or uhd movies by using trial-DmitriRender,So how can i make up my mind to buy an official version?

Tried contacting them via support@dmitriRender.ru ?
Old 16th July 2019, 00:29   #44  |  Link
Adam65

Btw, anyone tried the setting here with SVP : https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4187 ?
Someone has got the good result with the setting even with a mid-end PC.
If my dmitriRender license breaks again I will give it a try 8-D
Old 23rd July 2019, 11:28   #45  |  Link
Alexkral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam65 View Post
Btw, anyone tried the setting here with SVP : https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4187 ?
Someone has got the good result with the setting even with a mid-end PC.
If my dmitriRender license breaks again I will give it a try 8-D
I've been using similar settings for some time, when I started with this SVP was not able to adjust the frame rate to the refresh rate when it was higher, so I had to modify the base.avs script to blend the even frames with the odd frames. Apart from that the "1m" mode was not perfectly smooth, so I was using the "2m" mode at the expense of some more artifacts. The other settings are not that important. Now I have tried these settings with the original base.avs and the result is not smooth enough, but with the modified base.avs, the "1m" mode is now perfectly smooth and the artifacts are gone.
Alexkral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2019, 08:17   #46  |  Link
droseacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by suanm View Post

Use this to fix the green screen issue on GTX 10+ series cards, replace it with your dmitriRender.dat in C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\DmitriRender

https://yadi.sk/d/qM2snDWU34fU8r

If you have a black screen with new AMD cards you can use the same method with this file

https://yadi.sk/d/15BES3ORs3AvrA

Last edited by droseacc; 21st September 2019 at 00:15.
droseacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2019, 00:45   #47  |  Link
Harumi

Which settings you use for MadVR when using DmitriRender?

On mine PC (9900k + RTX 2070 Super), I cant go above NGU low (both for Chroma and Image scaling) on 4k monitor.
It seems very taxing for the GPU (scaling is set to 100% in DR settings).
Harumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2020, 21:56   #48  |  Link
Adam65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexkral View Post
I've been using similar settings for some time, when I started with this SVP was not able to adjust the frame rate to the refresh rate when it was higher, so I had to modify the base.avs script to blend the even frames with the odd frames. Apart from that the "1m" mode was not perfectly smooth, so I was using the "2m" mode at the expense of some more artifacts. The other settings are not that important. Now I have tried these settings with the original base.avs and the result is not smooth enough, but with the modified base.avs, the "1m" mode is now perfectly smooth and the artifacts are gone.
So my DMR's license really has been broken again thanks to that stupid StarForce protection haha.

Now I'm switching back to SVP. Could you please share your config and the modified base.avs ?
Old 30th May 2020, 19:12   #49  |  Link
Alexkral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam65 View Post
So my DMR's license really has been broken again thanks to that stupid StarForce protection haha.

Now I'm switching back to SVP. Could you please share your config and the modified base.avs ?
Just add or change what is in red:

Code:
########## BEGIN OF base.avs ##########
# This file is a part of SmoothVideo Project (SVP) ver.4
# This is NOT the full AVS script, all used variables are defined via
# JScript code that generates the full script text.

function interpolate(clip src)
{
	input = crop_string=="" ? src : eval("src."+crop_string)
	input = resize_string=="" ? input : eval("input."+resize_string)

nvof==0 ? eval("""
		super=SVSuper(input, super_params)
		vectors=SVAnalyse(super, analyse_params, src=input)
		smooth=SVSmoothFps(input, super, vectors, smoothfps_params, mt=threads, src=src)
		smooth2=Merge(SelectEven(smooth),SelectOdd(smooth))
		res=((smooth.Framerate <= 60)==true) ? smooth : smooth2
	""") : eval("""
	    nvof_src = input.BicubicResize(input.width/nvof_blk*4,input.height/nvof_blk*4,src_width=-(input.width % nvof_blk),src_height=-(input.height % nvof_blk))
		smooth=SVSmoothFps_NVOF(input, smoothfps_params, nvof_src=nvof_src, mt=threads, src=src)
	""")

return demo_mode==0 ? res : demo(input,res)
}

input=last

stereo_type==0 ? eval(""" interpolate(input)
""") : 	stereo_type==1 ? eval("""
		lf = interpolate(input.crop(0,0,input.width/2,0))
		rf = interpolate(input.crop(input.width/2,0,0,0))
		StackHorizontal(lf, rf)
""") : 	stereo_type==2 ? Eval("""
		lf = interpolate(input.crop(0,0,0,input.height/2))
		rf = interpolate(input.crop(0,input.height/2,0,0))
		StackVertical(lf, rf)""") : input

########### END OF base.avs ###########
Then select Fixed 120.0 fps and "1m" mode, the other settings depend on performance.

This is of course for 60 Hz, you still should be able to interpolate to 60 fps without changing anything if you want.
Alexkral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 10:18   #50  |  Link
wail

DmitriRender 5.0.0.1_beta1 released. 4K HDR supported.
Old 22nd January 2021, 10:58   #51  |  Link
JaylumX
Something Else

Thanks, using MPC-BE and I see potential. HDR works with MadVR except that HDR is "unknown properties" in the statistics.

HDR does not work with the MPC video renderer though unless I am doing something wrong.
JaylumX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2021, 11:58   #52  |  Link
KrazyLurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wail View Post
DmitriRender 5.0.0.1_beta1 released. 4K HDR supported.
Thanks for the heads-up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylumX View Post
Thanks, using MPC-BE and I see potential. HDR works with MadVR except that HDR is "unknown properties" in the statistics.

HDR does not work with the MPC video renderer though unless I am doing something wrong.
MadVr stats have for me statistics for amount of nits, although the colorspace says "custom gamut"

Tested with PotPlayer and MPC-HC (latest daily) using LAV Video decoding (native)

ex.
1000 nits, bt2020 > custom gamut
KrazyLurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2021, 12:23   #53  |  Link
JaylumX
Something Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyLurt View Post
Thanks for the heads-up!

MadVr stats have for me statistics for amount of nits, although the colorspace says "custom gamut"

Tested with PotPlayer and MPC-HC (latest daily) using LAV Video decoding (native)

ex.
1000 nits, bt2020 > custom gamut
Yep, that fixed it for me. Using Lav Video native sorted out that problem. Cheers for that.

EDIT: This has a lot of potential like I mentioned earlier with very fluid motion when everything is set up properly. My only negative is the occasional motion artefacts which can be distracting (and annoying). I hope this can be resolved because I would like to see this renderer evolve into something more. Would be nice if HDR would work with MPC video renderer.

Last edited by JaylumX; 24th January 2021 at 11:02.
JaylumX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2021, 06:56   #54  |  Link
jesped

Do you guys get sutters using DmitriRender 5.0.0.1 Beta 1 after 1-2 minutes of normal playback?

I noticed them and made a special video so they are easy to check, and then used my phone to record the SVP playback (smooth) vs DmitriRender stutters.

Here is the original 30fps video I created for the test: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zb9...ew?usp=sharing

and now the 60fps videos I captured with my phone:

SVP4, which is smooth: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fzu...ew?usp=sharing

And DmitriRender, where you can clearly see the hitches/stutters: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nwm...ew?usp=sharing

I cropped the DmitriRender video to show the part where the stutters start. In real time, it was like 1-2 minutes since the start of the original video.
jesped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2021, 13:59   #55  |  Link
KrazyLurt

I haven't had any issues with the beta.

I have used it with PotPlayer x64 and MPC-HC x64 in combination with MadVR using Jinc and NGU Standard.

I run a 10700k @ 5 GHz, with a ASUS RTX 3080 TUF Gaming OC.
Old 30th March 2021, 00:40   #56  |  Link
jesped

Damn. I kept trying all sort of possible things:

ALL available renderers: MadVR, EVR, EVR Custom Present, D3D11, Sync Renderer, MPC, ...

ALL possible decoder modes: DXVA2 Copy-back, DXVA2 Native, D3D11, CPU, ...

Either in Potplayer, MPC Home Cinema and MPC-BE x64

Tried totally uninstalling Nvidia drivers with DDU, reintalling, installing different versions, all possible options in their configuration, ...

Tried even flashing a new BIOS, different options in my motherboard config, disabling OC in both CPU and GPU...

Disabling all possible software running in windows and keeping the system to the bare minimum possible...

...and nothing works, this stutter always ends showing up after a bit of playing.

I'm running out of ideas...
jesped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2021, 23:46   #57  |  Link
James_b

If you got a MPC-BE freezing when jumping fast forward on older files / or odd formats. Change your DXVA2 (native) to D3D11 in LAV video Decoder and it eats anything. Have read this have been a problem in the past also with SVP. Cheers.
James_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2024, 23:10   #58  |  Link
KrazyLurt

I rarely use dmitrirender but for a few times for 30 fps and 24p media, but I notice a lot of dropped frames and/or presentation glitches using MadVR, and constant stutters using EVR custom p. after roughly 3-4 minutes of playback.

This is with a rtx 4090 using the release build of windows 11 and 10.

I've tested my old gtx 1080 with windows 10 and with a old driver:
Version: 446.14 WHQL
Release Date: 2020.5.27
it works.

With my rtx 4090 I've tried a old Nvidia 53x driver but no chance.

Any ideas?

Last edited by KrazyLurt; 24th February 2024 at 23:37.
Old 25th February 2024, 02:25   #59  |  Link
James_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyLurt View Post
I rarely use dmitrirender but for a few times for 30 fps and 24p media, but I notice a lot of dropped frames and/or presentation glitches using MadVR, and constant stutters using EVR custom p. after roughly 3-4 minutes of playback.

This is with a rtx 4090 using the release build of windows 11 and 10.

I've tested my old gtx 1080 with windows 10 and with a old driver:
Version: 446.14 WHQL
Release Date: 2020.5.27
it works.

With my rtx 4090 I've tried a old Nvidia 53x driver but no chance.

Any ideas?
Be sure you have 3.0.0.1. I run RTX 2060 with pretty good results. ~1 frame drop / minute in test clip.
Good test clip:
https://sprend.com/download?C=5fa3b3...b386a213abe213
Attached Images

James_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2024, 05:54   #60  |  Link
KrazyLurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_b View Post
Be sure you have 3.0.0.1. I run RTX 2060 with pretty good results. ~1 frame drop / minute in test clip.
Good test clip:
https://sprend.com/download?C=5fa3b3...b386a213abe213
The latest version is 5.0.0.1 beta , 30 series and above can't run 3.0.0.1 if I remember correctly.