Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 13th March 2008, 18:06   #1441  |  Link
arrirc
Aminei

Thank you very much Sharktooth
Old 14th March 2008, 16:23   #1442  |  Link
alcatron

Hi guys,

I am running Windows Vista x64 with SP1 installed. Running the latest MeGui 0.3.0.0 , AviSynth 2.5.7 & .NET Framework 3.0.
Q6600, 4GB RAM

I have this issue when i load the AVS script select then select CEhigh Profile for encode, select MKV, and then when i click the "Auto Encode" button i get this error:

Megui encountered a fatal error and may not be able to proceed. Reason:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any ideas? heres a screenshot

Thanks

Last edited by alcatron; 14th March 2008 at 16:24. Reason: fixup image link
Old 14th March 2008, 17:28   #1443  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

did you set an audio source?
Old 14th March 2008, 19:45   #1444  |  Link
arrirc
Aminei

I am having a similar error whenever I press Auto Encode....

Here the error window

And here is the window where you can see that both the Audio and Video sources are selected.

I have confirmed that the demuxed audio source is available...

My OS is windows XP. The main source is a DVD's VIDEO_TS folder on my HDD.

Old 15th March 2008, 03:26   #1445  |  Link
alcatron

well i was going to click auto encode then mux in a ac3 track, but i cant even get pass the auto encode button, i used this same process as windows xp, but vista is not liking it for some reason. any ideas?
Old 15th March 2008, 17:33   #1446  |  Link
alcatron

ok well i went back to meGUI 0.2.6.1045 and now it works just fine....damn strange its not working in 0.3.0.0

But everytime i open meGUI 0.2.6.1045 now pops up saying "Youre running meGUI on vista but to avoid several issues,may i ask you to upgrade your .net framework"

However .NET 3.5 is installed, i have done a encode and it works fine now why was 0.3.0.0 acting up
Old 15th March 2008, 19:48   #1447  |  Link
arrirc
Aminei

I already have .NET ver 3.5 installed....and I'm still getting the error message
Old 15th March 2008, 21:26   #1448  |  Link
trooper11

Im having an issue with an encode that fails at the muxing step.

Once it starts that steps, it just hangs and shows as error in the que list. Checking the log, here is the error message:

-------------------

Starting job job4 at 3:54:25 PM

Starting preprocessing of job...

Preprocessing finished!

Job not started. Reason: starting encoder failed with error 'The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail'

---------------------

let me know if any other info is needed. thanks.
Old 16th March 2008, 01:14   #1449  |  Link
unfortunateson

After updating Megui, the mp4 muxer fails to mux streams.
My error log says:

"Job not started. Reason: starting encoder failed with error 'This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem'"

Everything worked fine before the update.
Old 16th March 2008, 09:52   #1450  |  Link
TheLimp

Hi,

I got the exact same problem when I tried to MUX.

Job not started. Reason: starting encoder failed with error 'This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem'

Every thing was working fine but my PC was running a slow so I did a complete reinstall. There is a minimum of applications on my PC. I have installed the .net framework, megui 2 0.2.6.1044 and have updated it.

Another problem I have had since I did the reinstall is that the first pass now takes about 1h40 which is much more then it used to and also the 2nd pass is taking about 5h30 which is about 1h30 more. Even the Audio encode is taking longer

I am using turbo on the video encode options and automated pass. I read on this forum that this might have something to do with the subme value but it is set as 1 on the first and 6 on the second.

1ST PASS
Job commandline: "C:\Program Files\megui\tools\x264\x264.exe" --pass 1 --bitrate 873 --stats "C:\DVD\Highlander\VIDEO_TS\highlander.stats" --bframes 1 --direct auto --subme 1 --analyse none --me dia --threads auto --thread-input --sar 1:1 --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output NUL "C:\DVD\Highlander\VIDEO_TS\highlander.avs"

2ND PASS
Job commandline: "C:\Program Files\megui\tools\x264\x264.exe" --pass 2 --bitrate 873 --stats "C:\DVD\Highlander\VIDEO_TS\highlander.stats" --ref 5 --bframes 1 --b-rdo --direct auto --subme 6 --trellis 1 --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4 --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --sar 1:1 --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "C:\DVD\Highlander\VIDEO_TS\highlander.264"

This is my first post and I am a complete noob at video encoding so if I have posted this is the wrong place or asked an already answered question.. oppsss. Sorry about that and can you point me in the right direction

Cheers
Old 16th March 2008, 21:00   #1451  |  Link
TheLimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper11 View Post
Im having an issue with an encode that fails at the muxing step.

Once it starts that steps, it just hangs and shows as error in the que list. Checking the log, here is the error message:

-------------------

Starting job job4 at 3:54:25 PM

Preprocessing finished!

Job not started. Reason: starting encoder failed with error 'The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail'

---------------------

let me know if any other info is needed. thanks.

I posted that I had the same problem among others but I have found a temp fix for this problem.. After the update MeGUI updates the MP4Box file to version 0.4.5 When I downloaded the 0.4.4 version everything worked fine. I have no idea why this is but I am sure someone else in the know can explain.

Hope this helps.
Old 17th March 2008, 13:58   #1452  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrirc View Post
I already have .NET ver 3.5 installed....and I'm still getting the error message
uninstall it and reinstall.

@all: yes, the mp4box in the update is b0rked. ill fix ASAP.

EDIT: done. please update.

Last edited by Sharktooth; 17th March 2008 at 14:11.
Old 17th March 2008, 21:19   #1453  |  Link
APOLAUF

I am having difficulty with the "One Click Encoder" in meGUI when I enable Automatic Deinterlace. I know that this issue is supposedly fixed, but apparently that's not the case. When I open up a VOB, set a track, and then use my custom Zune H.264 profiles for AAC audio and x.264 simple-profile encoding, meGUI crashes after running dgindex right after this log entry:

MeGUI Version: 0.2.6.1044
OS used: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Professional Service Pack 2
Framework used: 2.0 SP1
------------------------------------------------------

Looking for job processor for job...

Processor found!

Starting job job1 at 6:50:37 PM

Preprocessing finished!

successfully started encoding

Processing ended at 6:52:00 PM

Log for job job1

Job commandline: "C:\Program Files (x86)\megui\tools\dgindex\dgindex.exe" -SD=< -AIF=<C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\rips\sp8-2\sp8-2-e-0.vob< -OF=<C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\rips\sp8-2\Sp8-2-E-0< -exit -minimize -OM=1 -TN=1

Starting postprocessing of job...

Anyone know how to fix this? I'd really prefer not to encode everything to AVI to get around this - I would uncheck deinterlacing, but the stream definitely needs deinterlacing. One thing of note: The input VOB is one I've created as follows:

1. Extract VOBs from DVD, then concatenate them to one file, say sp8-1.vob.
2. Use VOBTool to analyze this file, and extract the episode segments into their own-sized VOBs. Note that these differ from the original VOBs.
3. Use 1-click encoder to load the segments and encode. They work great in AutoGK, but meGUI just can't handle it for whatever reason.

Is there a fix, or should I be extracting VOB data/structure differently for it to work?
Old 17th March 2008, 23:20   #1454  |  Link
trooper11

Well I ran an update on MeGui just a little while ago and then redid the encode, but its still failing at the muxing step.

The difference this time is that its not just hanging at the step, its throwing up a windows message stating that mp4box had failed, but amazingly enough, the process actually finished and the mp4 playsback fine.

So it seems to be fixed outside of mp4box crashing at the end of the job
Old 19th March 2008, 11:12   #1455  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

Just updated MeGUI with the Jarod's patched x264 build 763.
Can somebody provide a link for more info on this build pls? TIA.
Old 19th March 2008, 11:15   #1456  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...33#post1114233
Old 19th March 2008, 11:24   #1457  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

^ but i don't see info on Jarod's build. anyway, do you know what levels aq-strength & aq-sensitivity are set to?
Old 19th March 2008, 11:27   #1458  |  Link
carlo_0000

hi

i m olso have trouble sins i update megui 3.0

i restore to 2.6.1043 (exe only) but no change

i'm now unable to load .d2v files

olso they doen't play in mpc (canot render file)

i reinstalled AviSynth 2.5.7
and Helix YV12 codec
Framework used 2.0 (3.0 olso installed)

ok i resolve the probleme , i deleted the megui directory, and copy all from an other computer V 2.6.1045
no it works, i restor the megui 3.0 (exe only)

Last edited by carlo_0000; 19th March 2008 at 12:26.
Old 19th March 2008, 13:18   #1459  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~bT~ View Post
^ but i don't see info on Jarod's build. anyway, do you know what levels aq-strength & aq-sensitivity are set to?
VAQ options are automatically set to strenght 0.5 and sensitivity 13 as in every other builds using VAQ patch.
Old 19th March 2008, 18:03   #1460  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

^ so to override it i just add my own?

eg:

--aq-strength 0.7 --aq-sensitivity 5
Closed Thread