Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17th May 2007, 16:43   #2861  |  Link
SpAwN_gUy
Junglist

Well,.. guys,.. i'm currently adding support for x264farm to MeGUI, as far as i'm not so good C# programmer.. i have few questions on using profiles,.. can anybody contact me via e-mail or iCQ ? ...

it seems like new encoder-Property works (i've been working for 3 days already..).. i'm not sure if Job addition does(didn't try that).. and i think i have settings properly made ... and commandline generation..

now i need(or want) to add "ProfileControl" to show up x264Configuration itself.. and then get some needed params..
BUT.. i'm currently lost in those lines(looked throug code):
Code:
profileHandler = new ProfilesControlHandler<VideoCodecSettings, VideoInfo>("Video", mainForm, profileControl1,
                x264codecHandler.EditSettings, Empty.Getter,
                x264codecHandler.Getter, x264codecHandler.Setter);

x264codecHandler = new SingleConfigurerHandler<VideoCodecSettings, VideoInfo, VideoCodec, VideoEncoderType>(profileHandler, CodecManager.X264);

ProfilesControlHandler<VideoCodecSettings, VideoInfo> profileHandler = new ProfilesControlHandler<VideoCodecSettings, VideoInfo>(
                "Video", mainForm, profileControl1, CodecManager.X264, Empty.Getter,
                new SettingsGetter<AviSynthSettings>(settingsProvider.GetCurrentSettings), new SettingsSetter<AviSynthSettings>(settingsProvider.LoadSettings));

SingleConfigurerHandler<AviSynthSettings, Empty, int, int> configurerHandler = new SingleConfigurerHandler<AviSynthSettings, Empty, int, int>(profileHandler, settingsProvider);
            configurerHandler.ProfileChanged += new SelectedProfileChangedEvent(ProfileChanged);
well,.. i don't need All Codecs(as MultipleConfigurersHandler) and i need(i think) "SingleConfigurerHandler" ... but i can see sample only for AviSynth.. wich is not what i need

help.

"I like to build planes.... in the air" (c) some ADV.

tutorials
How to Setup agent-based encoding with x264farm (the easy way)
SpAwN_gUy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 16:59   #2862  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@berrinam: could it be that you didn't close all bugs/feature requests that you recently implemented?
Old 17th May 2007, 17:45   #2863  |  Link
mitsubishi

I'm glad to hear that I can now use a decimal for cq in Xvid without having to break to command line.

But is this all on autoupdate?

I have 1039 and nothing has updated in a week or so..
mitsubishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 18:25   #2864  |  Link
Raere

Instead of sitting around and waiting for autoupdate to work, you could just manually download it from x264.nl. It looks like it's broken; it's not going to fix itself if you wait long enough.

Also, I wish I could help you, SpAwN_gUy, but keep it up!
Raere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 19:28   #2865  |  Link
kurt
sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsubishi View Post
I'm glad to hear that I can now use a decimal for cq in Xvid without having to break to command line.

But is this all on autoupdate?

I have 1039 and nothing has updated in a week or so..
try the new update server from check: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...003#post996003
Old 18th May 2007, 03:53   #2866  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

my new update server was closed again now that development has resumed I will be keeping it in sync with megui.org
check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 17:33   #2867  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

also remember that you need to switch the updater to the development branch.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 23:05   #2868  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

I have a serious problem with all those people abusing this thread for all kinds of non development related stuff. Get back to topic or familiarize yourself with rule 16.
Old 20th May 2007, 15:55   #2869  |  Link
homerpez

Newest build will not load ANY video-related AVS files.. Tried numerous times... brings up a "protected memory" error

VirtualDub Mod loads the same AVS files just fine.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125971

This is pretty serious, as it means I can no longer use MeGUI to encode basically anything, and I don't completely know how to go back and fix this...

HELP!

---------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I don't know if this was entirely necessary...

Quote:
We have discovered that you have violated forum rule #16 in one of your posts. If you violate the forum rules 2 more times you will be suspended for 30 days.

You really should've read the post right above yours.
I only posted that as I thought it had to do with the development of MeGUI (addressing a potential serious bug)... I guess my apologies if I was confused as to what a "development" thread is for... yikes...!

Last edited by homerpez; 21st May 2007 at 01:46.
homerpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 08:23   #2870  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@Lolitka: this would be a topic for the development forum at the bottom.
Old 24th May 2007, 08:40   #2871  |  Link
Lolitka

Ok ... moved
Lolitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 16:31   #2872  |  Link
GenoSV

hope noone'll get mad when I post this in this thread (know this is the development-thread so, but since the problem was brought up here, hope it's ok guys)

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerpez View Post
Newest build will not load ANY video-related AVS files.. Tried numerous times... brings up a "protected memory" error

VirtualDub Mod loads the same AVS files just fine.
Hadn't used megui for a while, and just got it again yesterday. Ran into the same problem as you.
Although, if i disabled "Open Preview after Avisynth script selection" the error won't happen, and I succesfully managed to encode several videoclips after that.

So:
Open MeGUI -> Tools -> Settings -> uncheck "Open Preview after Avisynth script selection" -> Save

Hope it works for you too =)
GenoSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 00:01   #2873  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

Not so much a bug as a huge performance hit...

When encoding audio in MeGUI the GUI is updated several dozen (or more) times a second. This results in MeGUI taking a huge proportion of CPU time to keep the gui updated.

The code should be altered so that the screen is only refreshed once a second (or thereabouts). For people on single cores (or people using multithreaded audio encoders), it'll vastly increase encoding speed for audio.

At the moment MeGUI is taking up 60-70% of one of my cores due to the frequent GUI updates.

Last edited by Mutant_Fruit; 4th June 2007 at 14:53. Reason: Typo
Mutant_Fruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 14:18   #2874  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

This is a known issue, so please just wait patiently like the rest of us.
Old 4th June 2007, 14:53   #2875  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin7777 View Post
This is a known issue, so please just wait patiently like the rest of us.
Rightio. I didn't realise it was a known issue.
Old 4th June 2007, 16:12   #2876  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

Ok, i've worked up a quick workaround. The way the code is structured doesn't lend itself well to doing delayed GUI updates, so this is more of a hack than a full solution. However, it may be the best solution as it involves the minimum amount of code change.

If one of the full-time dev's has a better solution, let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MeGUI.patch.zip (511 Bytes, 91 views)
Old 5th June 2007, 23:42   #2877  |  Link
Warren

Has anyone looked at compiling this with mono lately? It appears that mono supports .NET 2.0 and part of 3.0 now
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 01:42   #2878  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

It won't run on mono as it uses methods which aren't suppoted as of yet. Secondly, the necessary 3rd party libs don't exist on linux/macos x yet, so the advantage of being able to run MeGUI is nil as you won't be able to do anything useful with it Basically, you need Avisynth 3, which ain't out yet.
Old 9th June 2007, 16:03   #2879  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant_Fruit View Post
Ok, i've worked up a quick workaround. The way the code is structured doesn't lend itself well to doing delayed GUI updates, so this is more of a hack than a full solution. However, it may be the best solution as it involves the minimum amount of code change.

If one of the full-time dev's has a better solution, let me know.
Any comments on the patch? It's only a three liner, so it should be easy to review
Old 9th June 2007, 17:53   #2880  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

There are sadly only three devs (berrinam - the main one, sharktooth, and doom9). All three have put up signs saying "no time sorry", so sadly you might be waiting a long while. On the other hand, I am interested in putting up an alternate update mirror again
check is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
development, megui, not a help thread