Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 5th June 2010, 04:05   #241  |  Link
veggav

Everything worked here

Except.. my native language is Portuguese and some letters like Ã, ç, õ does not show up, it shows like other symbols (some very strange ones).

Is there any solution for this ?
veggav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 07:37   #242  |  Link
crl2007

You have to choose the right character encoding. For romanian special characters is Central European. Maybe for portuguese it is the same.
crl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 12:14   #243  |  Link
veggav

Where do I choose that ?

I've tried in tsmuxer, in the subtitles section -> font -> writing system: is selected "any". I've tried "latin" but it does not work, it goes back to "any".

So where do I choose the character encoding ?
Old 5th June 2010, 12:18   #244  |  Link
crl2007

From the font settings window.
Old 5th June 2010, 12:38   #245  |  Link
veggav

This font window:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/9bac3759983614

?

If this is the one you are talking about there is no option to Central European, and any other option does not work

Is the font window you are talking about on bdedit ?
Old 5th June 2010, 13:04   #246  |  Link
crl2007

Then you'll have to set it from control panel - regional and settings.
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:01   #247  |  Link
mrr19121970

Quote:
Edit the IN time as in the picture below for all of them ( individual episodes playlists and the big mpls containing all episodes )
This tool will take care of this step for you automatically.

See here or here for more details.
mrr19121970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 11:17   #248  |  Link
Salehi

OCR softwares does not support my desired language so i cant convert sub/idx to srt.
Is there any way to import sub/idx subtitles instead of srt in tsmuxer in order to add subtitles to bluray?
Salehi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 11:26   #249  |  Link
crl2007

You can use easySUP to convert your subtitles to *.sup. Or you can use my other guide with multiAVCHD.
Old 3rd July 2010, 23:36   #250  |  Link
borivoje

Hello

I don't think anyone posted here with a kind of problem I'm facing ... I'm using this great guide for months and never had any problems until I ran on two Universal titles (Flash Gordon & A Serious Man). Whatever combination I try with a .clpi and playlist files from the original and remuxed version (TSMuxer) with added subtitles, I can't play extras from the pop-up menu which is opened during the playback of the movie. The extras work only if I play them from the top menu and if I was not playing the movie before that. If I play the movie first, the extras won't work even if I stop the movie and try to play them from the top menu. To make them play again I have to restart Total Media Theater 3 on my PC or eject the DVD-R and put it back into my standalone. Also, I have noticed that both Total Media Theater and my standalone have a slightly longer pause then usual before playing extras.

Maybe is worthy mentioning that everything is fine when I use the original playlist fixed with ''fixmpls'' and .clpi from the remuxed version, but as soon as I run the playlist through the BDEdit (to update it with the info on added subtitle) the problem is there again.

CHEERS

Last edited by borivoje; 4th July 2010 at 00:01.
borivoje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 00:44   #251  |  Link
crl2007

Just use fixmpls or BDEdit to edit in_out time and chapter marks, not both.
Old 4th July 2010, 03:02   #252  |  Link
borivoje

If I don't use BDEdit to add the info on added subtitles, I can't use it because the player (Total Media Theatre or standalone) don't see the added subs. I have successfully used both fixmpls for fixing in_out time and chapter marks, and BDEdit for adding info on new subs a dozen times, but with these two Universal's titles I have problem. Also, I don't see how the in_out time and chapter marks of the main movie (which are fine in both situations - when using remuxed .clpi and playlist file or with the playlist file from the original after fixing it with fixmpls) have anything to do with the functionality of the extras.
Old 4th July 2010, 03:47   #253  |  Link
crl2007

Have you used Apply to CLPI after you added those informations ?
Old 4th July 2010, 11:32   #254  |  Link
borivoje

Quote:
Originally Posted by crl2007 View Post
Have you used Apply to CLPI after you added those informations ?
Of course I have.
Old 4th July 2010, 13:59   #255  |  Link
crl2007

Yes, that's curious. They should have nothing to do with the extras. The extras have completely different mpls and clpi files. Maybe you should adress this issue at BDEdit topic: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125903 It's clearly that something happens that the player does not like. Maybe Pelican9 can shed some light if you provide him with the original and the fixed mpls resulted after BDEdit edit.

You should try this 2 things also:

1. Skip fixmpls and use only BDEdit. You can edit the in time and BDEdit will edit the out time too and chapter marks. After that add the subtitle streams and click apply to clpi and then click save.

2. Add the streams with BDEdit first and after that use fixmpls.

It's worth a try.
Old 5th July 2010, 23:19   #256  |  Link
borivoje

Hello

I was off for a few days and I'll try these 2 possible solutions as soon as I get a little time ... I'll let you know about results ...

THANKS

CHEERS
Old 7th July 2010, 01:22   #257  |  Link
borivoje

I have tried both procedures and few more tricks (I tried updating two playlists, because BDInfo shows two identical playlists for the main movie (00000 and 00001), but it's not working ... It seems that information about new subtitle, added to the playlist either through remuxing with TSMuxer or by updating the original playlist with BDEdit messes up with the structure and disables the extras in case when the movie was played first. If anyone has any recent Universal title it would be helpful to try to add subtitles and see if the same problem occurs.
Old 9th July 2010, 23:28   #258  |  Link
borivoje

I have ''solved'' the problem by replacing the last original subs with the new one ... But, it seems that any added subs (without removing original subs) somehow ruin the structure of these newer ''Universal'' titles ...

CHEERS
Old 9th July 2010, 23:32   #259  |  Link
crl2007

Glad to know that you solved the problem.
Old 11th July 2010, 13:13   #260  |  Link
iwao

Hi. I'm following applications for first page and I added sleepy hollow subtitle turkish Blu-ray Disc. iso file to my problem, works seamlessly with power dvd 10. BD-RE disc, but Blu-ray player will not open files when I transfer. predicts the menu, but the movie does not start. the sound is coming, I can see the subtitles, but no image. my sony blu-ray player BDP-s 360 region B. Where do you think could be problem. Thank you for your help.
iwao is offline   Reply With Quote