Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th April 2018, 04:39   #3361  |  Link
Selur

Sounds like a bug, I'm really busy today and tomorrow and will probably not have time to look into this until the weekend.
Once I've looked into it I'll report back to you.

Cu Selur
Old 15th April 2018, 23:44   #3362  |  Link
Magik Mark

Selur,

Does the app now supports rearranging of jobs in the queue? How about editing it and sending it back to the queue?
Old 16th April 2018, 04:20   #3363  |  Link
Selur

Rearranging jobs (not subjobs) is possible the whole time.
Changing jobs is not possible and probably won't happen, since it would require some major rewrite of the whole tool.
(A job doesn't include all the analysis results of the source or the state of the gui when the job was created, so restoring that state isn't possible.)
-> if this is a major let down for you, you best look for another tool.

Cu Selur
Old 18th May 2018, 18:17   #3364  |  Link
hin12

I get this on startup (Ubuntu 18.04):

Quote:
Detected the following cards which seem to lack NVIDIA PureVideo support: Corporation GK104 [GeForce GTX 660 Ti]
No card found that's supported by nvenc, the CUDA encoding library. -> Removing CUDA based encoding support. Card name was compared against: https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus
Hardware h264 encoding works fine with ffmpeg, so the 660 Ti should be added to the list.

Also, the default option for opus audio should be to keep the input sample rate, not to resample it to 48000Hz, see: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,115672.0.html
hin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 18:29   #3365  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
Detected the following cards which seem to lack NVIDIA PureVideo support: Corporation GK104 [GeForce GTX 660 Ti]
The card is in the compatible list, Hybrid just couldn't handle the naming scheme that is used, fixed that here locally on the 21th of April so the next release shouldn't show that message.

Quote:
Hardware h264 encoding works fine with ffmpeg,
What settings do you use for hardware encoding in ffmpeg, because as as I know nvenc doesn't support such an old card.

Quote:
Also, the default option for opus audio should be to keep the input sample rate, not to resample it to 48000Hz, see: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,115672.0.html
The default resampling option is not dependent on the audio format it's something I chose to use in Hybrid.

Cu Selur
Old 18th May 2018, 18:49   #3366  |  Link
hin12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
What settings do you use for hardware encoding in ffmpeg, because as as I know nvenc doesn't support such an old card.
https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-video-codec-sdk

It's a Kepler card, so it only supports H264 with YUV 4:2:0 and 8-bit color.

I used this command to test it:

Quote:
ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -c:v h264_nvenc -pixel_format yuv420p -preset default output.mp4
hin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2018, 17:20   #3367  |  Link
xueyue

I found a bug in hybrid

I want to add a logo to the video and I use the "Add Logo" in filtering of vapoursynth.This is the result,please check it.

And my script can be used normally.
xueyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2018, 19:54   #3368  |  Link
Selur

argh,.. damn typo will fix.
Old 21st May 2018, 14:07   #3369  |  Link
Selur

Hybrid rev 2018.05.21.1:
*fixed*
  • Avisynth: minor bugs I don't remember in detail
  • Avisynth: LSFMod parameters not working due to intererence with Vapoursynth
  • x264: pc scale handling
  • ffmpeg: yadif call bug
  • x265: defaults/presets minimization, adjust to source code for x265 presets not the stuff listed in the documentation
  • QSVEnc: targetSizeMode
  • Vapoursynth: D2v Witch indexing call on Mac/Linux
  • Audio: AudioAnalyzer tsmuxer path
  • Subtitle: crash when font name start with whitespace
*added*
  • filter: support custom letterboxing
  • Avisynth: HQDN3D, MSharpen
  • Vapoursynth: DeBlockPP7, FFMS2K
  • muxing: tsMuxeR not adding audio language to streams
*changed*
  • tools: Handle 'Corporation ***** [GeForce *]'-names
  • filter: ffmpeg set zscale rangein and range
  • audio: No longer using NamedPipe, raw audio decoding is always done through ffmpeg
  • nvenc: added support of NVEncCs 'preset' selection
  • x265: added support for '--single-sei', '--max-ausize-factor', '--refine-inter', '--refine-intra', '--dynamic-refine', '--refine-mv'
  • subtitle: using ffmpeg for ogm subtitle extraction
  • input: fixed bug when handling vfr input time codes
  • Avisynth: support changing the filter order (Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Custom Filter Order)
  • Avisynth: specifying multiple custom script additions like in Vapoursynth (Filtering->Avisynth->Custom)
  • Avisynth: telling Hybrid not to Hybrid defaults (Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Don't hide defaults)
  • Avisynth: Avisynth script as input and FilterView
  • Avisynth: wine missing in avsViewer call on non-Windows systems
  • Vapoursynth: added more options to addLogo to control whether the alpha should be used and inverted or not.
  • Vapoursynth: DAA, added OpenCL device selection
  • Vapoursynth: Santiag, added device selection
  • Vapoursynth: allow to set openCL device for QTGMC
  • Tools: vsedit is now named vsViewer to avoid confusion with the normal Vapoursynth Editor

-> downloads: http://www.selur.de/downloads

Cu Selur
Old 21st May 2018, 18:26   #3370  |  Link
Havokdan

Thanks for the new version, I love the app, admirable your work, which continues quite successfully.
Havokdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2018, 07:05   #3371  |  Link
Selur

*fixed*
  • Mac: forgot to rename vsedit to vsViewer</li>
  • subitle: Hybrid freezes on ogm subtitle extraction when output already existed
*added*
  • Vapoursynth: "don't hide defaults"-option
*changed*
  • audio: use FFmpeg for ogm audio extraction
  • input: use FFmpeg for ogm subtitle extraction

Cu Selur
Old 25th May 2018, 18:29   #3372  |  Link
Selur

Hybrid rev 2018.05.25.1:
*fixed*
  • x264: Minimize command line with ' --color-matrix undef' in it.</li>
  • Vapoursynth: a bunch of small bugs related to default values
  • Vapoursynth: FFT3DFilter Sigma2-4 not working properly
  • Avisynth: a bunch of small bugs related to default values
  • Tools: Tools not properly kept on 'Reset all', required to start Hybrid two times

Cu Selur
Old 25th May 2018, 19:42   #3373  |  Link
Dclose

I was using last month's build fine for x265. 2018.04.08? Installed the newer 05.22.1. x265 encodes crash when the video conversion starts. I put audio on ignore to rule that out. Files load fine, the job starts fine, extracts fine, but then the log says Hybrid can't create the video file, and the job crashes.

x264 encoding works fine.

I installed 2018.04.08 again, and x265 works fine again.

That was a couple days ago. Figured I'd wait a couple days to see if a new version gets put out or what.

Now 2018.05.25.1 is released. It does the same thing. x265 encoding job crashes after extraction when it starts to encode the video. x264 works fine.

Also, I had some jobs Waiting in queue this time when I installed the new 25.1 over last month's .04.08. I didn't let the encode finish, but it went past the extraction part and started to encode video fine in x265.

If I'm the only one having this problem, no big deal, I'll just go back to .04.08 and try again with a future release.

Windows 10 64-bit.
Dclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2018, 20:31   #3374  |  Link
Selur

In case you used Hybrid back in 2017, did you completely deinstall it (and all it's settings) when the new installer was introduced and the file locations changed?
If you didn't that is the cause of the crash now, since you got a x265 in you Hybrid folder that still belongs to an old install.
-> deinstalling Hybrid completely making sure that the Hybrid folder and all the settings are deleted and installing Hybrid anew should fix the issue.
(newer builds will all crash)

If in case I'm wrong with my speculation: read http://www.selur.de/support create a debug output and share it with me.

Cu Selur
Old 26th May 2018, 04:17   #3375  |  Link
Dclose

Yes, I used Hybrid in 2017, and in 2018. I probably did a full, new install in November or December of 2017 since that's when I switched to Windows 10. I was using the April 2018 build fine, and x264 worked with the new build, so I assumed the full deinstall mentioned a couple pages back wasn't the problem.

But that was the problem. Or something related to it. It works now after a full deinstall/reinstall. Thank you.

If I recall, Cut Support works well, except I think the only problems I've had with it is the encode never stops when using 2160p and/or 2160p HDR content. The encode goes past 100% completion and will go to 400% and higher until I stop it. The result is still viewable in its unmuxed ".265" format file. So, even with having to manually stop it, it's still good enough to make test samples of the video.

Question: Are QAAC aac audio updates included in new Hybrid builds? Or should the user do a manual update of QAAC files if wanting QAAC updated? The tooltip says to have an updated Quicktime, so is that the way to update it?
Old 26th May 2018, 06:17   #3376  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
Question: Are QAAC aac audio updates included in new Hybrid builds? Or should the user do a manual update of QAAC files if wanting QAAC updated? The tooltip says to have an updated Quicktime, so is that the way to update it?
Hybrid does not include the latest qaac from the 22th since I wasn't aware of it. Since the last few updates didn't change anything major, that's okay, but you can update it manually.
I probably should change that tool-tip, what you need is an up-to-date 'Apple Application Support'-package which nowadays comes with iTunes. (Sadly Apple doesn't provide a separate download for it.)

About the cut support: Would need a debug output level 9 of the job creation and processing to see what's happening there and to be able to reproduce and fix it.

Cu Selur
Old 29th May 2018, 22:31   #3377  |  Link
Dclose

Resize isn't changing the resolution. 2018.05.25.1 Windows 10. Ryzen 1700.
Full uninstall and uninstall settings. Also doesn't work with the prior 2018.05.22 build.

Works fine with 2018.04.08.01.

Drag and drop file. Tried multiple files.
The Crop/Resize tab will show the correct "Output resolution:" of what I set it for. The job in Jobs will show the resolution I set it at in the command line. The Preview/CropView sample test resizes correctly and makes the preview video smaller.

But the file encodes in the original resolution.

Also, a different problem I noticed when trying to resize with x264 is the job progress goes over 100%, I think even over 1000%, and the output video is a green screen with a scrambled image, even when watching in VLC, which should play most anything. I basically only care about x265 at this point, so just mentioning it. Maybe it's just something with my computer, since if that green scrambled video output were a common problem, I assume someone else would have mentioned it already.

The debug file is for the x265 resize.

Oh, and for QAAC in the prior post, I didn't know there was a QAAC update on the 22nd either. I was just wondering if QAAC ever got updated by Hybrid, at all, ever. Looking at the files, I couldn't tell. But apparently it does get updated at least once in a while, so that's good.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HybridDebugOutput.zip (15.7 KB, 24 views)
Old 30th May 2018, 03:43   #3378  |  Link
Selur

Can't access the attached file since it waits for moderator approval -> either share it through another way with me or remind me to look at it once it's a approved.
-> regarding the resize seems to be a problem with the call, which I need the debug output for this

Updated qaac here locally, a few days ago, but really busy atm. to didn't get around to make a new release, may be on the weekend. As a side note: don't seem any changes which are relevant to Hybrid.
Old 30th May 2018, 07:12   #3379  |  Link
Dclose

Installed the dev version you sent. It made me smile seeing a resized video encoding at 100 fps. So, resize problem is fixed.

Also, x264 no longer shows a progress of over 100% during an encode, and the output was no longer a scrambled green video. So, that's fixed too, whatever the problem was.

If I wasn't clear about qaac, I don't care about always having the newest updated version of it in Hybrid. It's just that I couldn't tell from the Hybrid files if qaac was ever updated, ever. So not being able to tell made me wonder if I was still using a version of qaac from years ago. But you said it gets updated into Hybrid once in a while, so great.
Old 30th May 2018, 17:06   #3380  |  Link
Selur

Yes, I usually update it:
a. whenever someone especially asks for an updated version
or
b. I see something in the changelog which is used in Hybrid.

Cu Selur