Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th December 2012, 03:51   #41  |  Link
setarip_old

@holygamer

Hi!

You say:
Quote:
Also the developers told me that the option to disable multiple audio stream support will be removed in future versions. I said that several posts ago.
If you are referring to DGIndex, you're aware, aren't you, that "neuron2" is THE developer of DGIndex, as well as a few other "DG" programs?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 11:32   #42  |  Link
manono

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
If you are referring to DGIndex...
I believe he was referring to VideoRedo.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 13:55   #43  |  Link
VideoFanatic

Now you are misrepresenting what I said. I never said DGIndex was bad. I said both TSmuxer and DGindex cause a delay. In post 28 I explained the options available to me. The option in VideoRedo which does NOT cause a delay will be removed from future versions. The option which will not be removed from future versions of VideoRedo DOES cause a delay (as mentioned in the AC3 file demuxed by DGIndex) although I haven't seen a delay yet - that option does not give me confidence that I won't get a visible delay in future. You've also told me that I can't use DelayCut.

I was just telling you the situation I was in and I accepted it and said thanks for your help, you're the one who keeps dragging things on.
VideoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 18:59   #44  |  Link
Mole

Looks like to me that VideoRedo just doesn't output the edited result properly and as people has mentioned will use "tricks" in order to generate an output which will be in sync when you play it, but will lose sync when the video and audio get demuxed, because when you demux them, the "tricks" that has been used will be discarded and only the real video and audio data remains.

Most of the time, people who do cuts like that only need to play the resulting files, in which case they'll work perfectly fine.
But since you need to process them further, it is then obvious that you will have to look for alternative programs which will be able to cut your files and generate a result which won't have these delay problems.

Perhaps you can try to use avidemux to cut your files instead.
I've used avidemux to cut mpeg files like that and the output has always been fine and you can remux them and everything will still be in sync.

The only drawback with avidemux is that you can only cut at i frames. The cut must begin at an i frame, but can end at any frame.
But for mpeg2 files, this should be a minor problem.

Another alternative which will be able to cut at any frame is MPEG editXpress from Mediaware.

Last edited by Mole; 12th December 2012 at 19:15.
Mole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, delay, dgindex