Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 5th September 2009, 15:21   #9541  |  Link
avivahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPVHD View Post
It's old, obsolete and isn't even good at HD video decoding.

http://techreport.com/articles.x/11931/10
The bug report was not about HD video decoding. It was about simple video playback. With the CPU doing all the video decoding, there's no reason why one would not be able to use these so-called "old" GPUs for playing videos. Btw, these tests used QuickTime for the comparison. lol @ that.
Old 5th September 2009, 15:40   #9542  |  Link
cca
Anime Otaku

BUG:

Using rev. 1265 VSFilter will not load regardless if "Autoload subtitles" is checked or not. Only if I set it as prefered in the external filters it will load but I do not want it to load everytime!

Interesting observation: It will load if I set "System default" as video renderer, anything else and it doesn't work, seems like it is blocked somehow, doesn't even load with overlay mixer!
Old 5th September 2009, 16:07   #9543  |  Link
peek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umi View Post
On 1080p video (h264 in mkv, mts, m2ts, mp4), I have these serious problems when the cpu is at 30% and the video lags behind and eventually freezes, while the audio continues. This happens with every renderer

My system specs is:

Intel Core i7 2.67ghz
ATi Radeon HD 4870
Windows XP x64 SP2

And here is what mediainfo says from one of the videos:
Code:
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                   : High@L4.0
Format settings, ReFrames        : 4 frames
Width                            : 1 920 pixels
Height                           : 1 080 pixels
Scan type                        : Interlaced
Hi Umi,
it seems that you have a strong system, but you are not really using your GPU for decoding your videos. DXVA is probably not in use because usually the CPU load would be less than 10 % with DXVA. You can check that while your videos are loaded into MPC-HC with the right-click sub-menu "Filter" when you open the "MPC Video Decoder" properties and have a look at "DXVA Mode". If you find something there like "H.264 bitstream decoder..." then DXVA is use. If not, please read one of the following tutorials:
http://nunnally.ahmygoddess.net/watc...os-using-dxva/
http://forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/1192826.htm
http://www.guru3d.com/article/accele...he-gpu-guide/1

Btw, your sample is an interlaced video with 1080i and not 1080p where p stands for progressive (not pixel).
Old 5th September 2009, 16:09   #9544  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

cca
Are you sure this is a bug? I mean afaik "autoload subtitles" is for internal subtitle renderer and not vsfilter. Internal subtitles works only with video renderers like haali, EVR-CP, VMR7/9 renderless. Maybe if you set to default - one of them is loaded?
Old 5th September 2009, 16:25   #9545  |  Link
cca
Anime Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
cca
Are you sure this is a bug? I mean afaik "autoload subtitles" is for internal subtitle renderer and not vsfilter. Internal subtitles works only with video renderers like haali, EVR-CP, VMR7/9 renderless. Maybe if you set to default - one of them is loaded?
I know that very well. When it is UNchecked, VSFilter is supposed to load when there is a subtitle stream available. If it is checked, subtitles are handled by MPC's own subtitle renderer, that's expected behavior.

I'm obviously referring to the case when the checkbox is unchecked. VSFilter will not load, but loads fine in Graphedit using the same decoders and renderers.
Old 5th September 2009, 16:48   #9546  |  Link
ranpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cca View Post
I know that very well. When it is UNchecked, VSFilter is supposed to load when there is a subtitle stream available. If it is checked, subtitles are handled by MPC's own subtitle renderer, that's expected behavior.

I'm obviously referring to the case when the checkbox is unchecked. VSFilter will not load, but loads fine in Graphedit using the same decoders and renderers.
If you use Windows 7, you have to load DirectVobSub in External Filters section and set it to Prefer if you want to use it in MPC-HC. This is unique in Windows 7 only. Probably a bug that will never get fixed.
Old 5th September 2009, 16:55   #9547  |  Link
cca
Anime Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranpha View Post
If you use Windows 7, you have to load DirectVobSub in External Filters section and set it to Prefer if you want to use it in MPC-HC. This is unique in Windows 7 only. Probably a bug that will never get fixed.
I'm obviously using Windows 7, my system specs are my signature. Well then, I guess it is a known issue, but still a bug.
Old 5th September 2009, 18:18   #9548  |  Link
Umi

Quote:
Originally Posted by peek View Post
Hi Umi,
it seems that you have a strong system, but you are not really using your GPU for decoding your videos. DXVA is probably not in use because usually the CPU load would be less than 10 % with DXVA. You can check that while your videos are loaded into MPC-HC with the right-click sub-menu "Filter" when you open the "MPC Video Decoder" properties and have a look at "DXVA Mode". If you find something there like "H.264 bitstream decoder..." then DXVA is use. If not, please read one of the following tutorials:
http://nunnally.ahmygoddess.net/watc...os-using-dxva/
http://forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/1192826.htm
http://www.guru3d.com/article/accele...he-gpu-guide/1

Btw, your sample is an interlaced video with 1080i and not 1080p where p stands for progressive (not pixel).
I can use DXVA for that sample and playback with DXVA very good with hardware deinterlacing, though DXVA is very restricted and all other 1080p videos that I have cannot be decoded by DXVA and therefore I want to use cpu decoding.
And re-encoding every video to make it DXVA compatible isn't what I want.
Old 5th September 2009, 18:54   #9549  |  Link
peek

Quote:
...all other 1080p videos that I have cannot be decoded by DXVA and therefore I want to use cpu decoding...
As long as you don't use the "CompatibilityMode" registry hack for MPC-HC it would only try to decode H.264 level 4 with DXVA and would switch automaticially to CPU mode for H.264 level 5. I prefer to use the free DivX7 H.264 decoder for the CPU mode only, because it has a very good performance. And I also use the Haali Media Splitter where I've set the input buffer size to a higher value (50000-100000) for better A/V sync.
http://www.alice-dsl.net/pkeunecke/H...thout_DXVA.jpg

You can also try to enable the H.264 level 5 support which I can use successfully with up to 9 reference frames on my HD 3450. It just needs a little trick, but no guarantee that this hack works on other systems too:
http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=75704

Last edited by peek; 5th September 2009 at 19:06.
Old 5th September 2009, 19:35   #9550  |  Link
Umi

Installing DivX7 doesn't help neither does setting the input buffer size to a higher value do.
I really don't think the decoders are the problem.
2 days ago. I could playback 15 mbps 1080p24 fine with ffmpeg-mt with Overlay Mixer, I don't know what I did, but for some reason I can't playback those anymore.
Old 5th September 2009, 19:46   #9551  |  Link
peek

Have a look at the "Filter" submenu during playback to see what's really loaded by MPC-HC. Or load the same video into graphstudio to find out what's going wrong. Third method: Use Process Explorer and open the properties page of MPC-HC there to watch the threads. Maybe you can upload a sample of one of these clips.
Old 5th September 2009, 20:39   #9552  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPVHD View Post
But yes, it's not about HD video decoding, it's about tearing. Somebody refuses to provide the info and graph screenshots that has been asked, so nothing can be done to possibly help and fix this until somebody decides he wants to be a team player, not someone that constantly refuses to do the simple things asked for.
It's amazing how fast a myth can be established in people's minds.

One person asked for a screenshot. That person is not a developer, and the things they asked for indicate that they do not understand the problem.

Currently, the number of developers replying or commenting about sync-related issues is zero.

The number of developers available to work on sync-related issues is zero.

Somehow, people decided that they want to blame me for not wanting to provide the wrong data, when there is no one interested or available to work on the issues.

This after a number of other people pointed out that they were clueless when they kept asking me to get a different graphics card. It is interesting that people are siding with the attackers, even after the attackers are proved clueless.

Perhaps you are desperate to attack someone, anyone ??
Old 5th September 2009, 20:57   #9553  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Adude, i'm not sure what your problem is, but as you know very well i am the program manager (which boils down to vice-president).
Among other things, its my job to decide which bugs get fixed, most bugs get fixed at random voluntairily by our developers, however most bugs are not "fun to work on" getting these bugs fixed means focusing on something.

The problem you claim to have is one of the most important bugs being dealt with at the moment, several dev's are working on it.
However no-one is working on the exact symptoms you describe (because it works on 20+ dev systems and an unknown amount of beta tester systems)

All bugs related to your problems can only be dealt with through CTRL+J screenshots

I have instructed all developers to ignore your reports until you post the screenshots asked for.
I have also reported your trolling to the site moderators.

Last edited by tetsuo55; 5th September 2009 at 21:02.
Old 5th September 2009, 21:28   #9554  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Adude: Shut up. Everyone else: Stop replying to him.

Sorry, Adude, that things aren't working right. That doesn't give you the right to rant and harass the developers and the rest of the forum to make up for the fact that they don't know how to fix it, particularly given your repeated refusals to cooperate with them. When no developer and no other tester sees the issue, you have to cooperate as much as possible if you want to see it fixed, otherwise you just have to accept that it won't be fixed. It's much easier when one of them can reproduce it.

Further posts on this issue will result in a rule 4 strike.
Old 5th September 2009, 23:44   #9555  |  Link
Umi

Quote:
Originally Posted by peek View Post
Have a look at the "Filter" submenu during playback to see what's really loaded by MPC-HC. Or load the same video into graphstudio to find out what's going wrong. Third method: Use Process Explorer and open the properties page of MPC-HC there to watch the threads. Maybe you can upload a sample of one of these clips.
This is what Graphedit says:
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9586/problem2p.png

And this is the filters + process explorer:
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/651/problemj.png

The sample is http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1907430/Q...080_VFR%29.mp4

The thing is, I could play that video file using DXVA with svn 1265 first, but then I switched to 1271 and it wouldn't use DXVA, then I went back to 1265, but the video wouldn't even start.
Old 6th September 2009, 00:02   #9556  |  Link
Snowknight26

Would be nice to get the option to downmix PCM audio (when FLAC is used for the audio, for example). There's the option to downmix audio for AAC, AC3, and DTS to stereo, but not PCM (which could supersede all settings, too..). Should be a piece of cake to do, any I'm sure everyone that uses FLAC and other formats that decode to PCM would appreciate the effort.

Quote:
Plays fine (with DXVA) here using only MPC-HC's internal filters.
Old 6th September 2009, 00:46   #9557  |  Link
Jimerb

forgive me if this is in the previous 480 pages of this tread.... Does MPC Cinema install any codecs? I'm looking to take advantage of built in codecs but I don't want the KLite codec pack installed.

Does the install of just MPC Cinema install codecs? Thank you.
Old 6th September 2009, 01:09   #9558  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimerb View Post
Does MPC Cinema install any codecs?
Nope. In fact if you only have the .exe it installs nothing at all. The xvidvideo.ru builds are available in an installer. I'm not sure what they do as I've never tried one. Probably only put the folder with the .exe and other stuff in program files and created a start menu entry.

BTW. What do you mean by " install codecs"? Something like registering filters?
Old 6th September 2009, 14:52   #9559  |  Link
noee

Some results testing X1250 IGP on a TA690G mobo:

Setup: MPC-HC Build 1271, XPSP3, FFDshow 3063, RGB HQ 32bit output, no dithering, AMD X2@2.8Ghz, dual-monitor, LG HDTV 1080P as playback monitor (24Hz, secondary, HDMI), ReClock 1.8.4.8, all vsync turned off.

Just have MKVs with MPEG2 and AVC video, DVD SD rez (will test HD stuff when I get it to this machine)

Using VMR9 Renderless, letting FFDshow do the resize to 1080, I get perfect playback, no tearing. If I tell MPC-HC to resize using Bicubic, I get bad tearing and choppy playback. Changing to Bilinear, again, brings back perfect playback.

Using EVR-CP, same results as above except if I use FFdshow to resize, I get some minor tearing. Using Bilinear resize provides for perfect playback.

I'll try to do some HD content next.....
Old 6th September 2009, 16:17   #9560  |  Link
clsid

Resizing with pixelshaders (PS) unfortunately requires a powerful graphics processor. Your problem is thus not really fixable.

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc