Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 13th August 2015, 02:46   #1  |  Link
kirous

[DVDLAB PRO] Someone can help me solve the HI-LITE submenu?

Hi, I'm creating a submenu of 4 chapters into one film, and in the submenu I have divided into cells with different backgrounds and navigation buttons that are the same, unlike the images of the chapters, which are connected with the film.

The problem is that one of the buttons, are using the VM COMMAND, which would be the navigation buttons chapter numbers. And within it it is scheduled as follows:

*SUBMENU - CELL 1*

01cell1.jpg

*SUBMENU - CELL 2*

02cell2.jpg

CODE:

Button: 1-2 = LinkPGN 1 (button 0)
Button: 3-4 = LinkPGN 2 (button 0)

These are programmed as much as cell 1 and cell 2.

Now, the application selection buttons are displayed (although in invisible mode), is the POWER DVD, but Media Player Home Cinema, single cell 1 is displayed, but over the cell 2, the buttons disappear, but even the shape of the hand is displayed, indicating that the button is there, but the color map button is not visible.

It would be helpful in resolving this issue...... I hope you can understand. Sorry my bad english!! XD
Attached Images

kirous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2015, 09:08   #2  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Sorry, but I don't understand. And since the images are not approved yet, I can't guess what you have tried to explain.

Please do NOT post your images here at D9. Use an external file sharing service such as postimage.org and paste the links (for forums) here. The images will be immediately visible.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2015, 08:14   #3  |  Link
kirous

OK fine. To get to the point, as I say, I created a sub-chapter but based on cells without animation submenu (Static only). And it is divided into two cells.

All objects (selection buttons, Background, styles of letters, etc.) are placed in the cell 1 and 2.

The problem would be the selection buttons chapter numbers as they are made in VM COMMAND, to call each other. And I used the command: "LinkPGN + cell number + (button #)".

**Here some images where the programming was done in the select button (link number) the VM COMMAND.**

CELL 1

http://postimg.org/image/7jq0a4519/

CELL 2

http://postimg.org/image/xgjomq8ot/

When I finished my project, I did a test on PC with media players are: POWER DVD, VLC, etc.

The only thing I do not work well is the Media Player Classic Home Cinema. Since the call to the next cell (which would be cell 2), I completely disappears selection buttons (or highlight buttons) in cell 2.

However when I go back to cell 1, the selection buttons appear (or highlight buttons).

The question is: As the projections of the selection buttons do appear in cell 2?

There will be a code that solves this problem is me in the DVDlab PRO or PgcEdit?

**Here some images of software Media Player Classic Home Cinema, reproducing the submenu of chapters.**

SUBMENU - CELL 1 (Everything is fine here)

http://postimg.org/image/4s6qji6il/

Here is the time to enter the cell 2

http://postimg.org/image/vej78happ/

SUBMENU - CELL 2 (Once I entered the cell 2, the navigation buttons disappear. What is the problem here.)

http://postimg.org/image/4hz805rwd/

Hopefully, with this you can understand me....
I await your prompt response.

Sorry my bad English!! XD

Last edited by kirous; 15th August 2015 at 08:21. Reason: Wrong Letter
Old 15th August 2015, 10:01   #4  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, I think I understand. Your problem is that when you go from page 1 of your chapter menu to page 2 with MPC-HC, the page 2 is correctly displayed, but without any button highlight. Correct?

Unfortunately, I can't help you. It's probably a bug in MPC-HC, especially if you can see the highlight with the other players.

However, verify that the button that is highlighted by default when you call page 2 from page 1 exists. Or post here the command that is executed by the button "3-4" in page 1. You wrote that you have used LinkPGN + cell number + (button #). Are you sure the button # is correct?
Old 16th August 2015, 17:10   #5  |  Link
kirous

Hi, thanks for responding. I do not know if what I did wrong, but here the images of how it is structured and ordered each button, as well as images as navigation buttons. And the buttons are programmed and noted in the previous images.

SUBMENU CHAPTERS - cell 1

http://postimg.org/image/6aby05jlp/

SUBMENU CHAPTERS - cell 2

http://postimg.org/image/lkbt7cf3x/

As if the "Properties" button is paramount.

http://postimg.org/image/9whrcspz1/

The strangest thing is that if the sub-menu outside with animation.I would have no problem with the buttons (Highlight Button), so normal.

Instead what is not animated form, that's what I have a problem with the buttons.

Well, as you say, if my problem MPC-HC, would have to see.

Another thing, I think that also encodes it in the same PGC, but it's a ... very rare case. But if you have that knowledge, it would be nice to guide me how it's done.

Well, that's all you ask me and I put them as images response. I hope that you find the mistake I am doing and also if you have to raise a command in the PGC.

I await your prompt response .... And with that I can understand. Sorry my bad english XD!
Old 16th August 2015, 18:21   #6  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I don't know DVD-Lab and therefore I can't interpret your screenshots. However, it seems that the third image is the menu properties, and you have set the Highlight default button option to 1. You cannot set that option if you want to control what button will be active with a SetHL_BTN command. In fact SetHL_BTN (and the "button" options of the Link commands) sets SPRM 8 to the number of the button to highlight (times 1024). The SPRM is modified immediately. When the navigation enters the menu, it uses the value in SPRM 8 to highlight the corresponding button, unless the option to force always the same button is set in the properties of the menu. So, with that option, the same button will always be set, regardless of the SetHL_BTN commands executed previously. I don't know how to turn that option off in the properties of the menu with DVD-Lab, but try to reset it to its default value, and use only SetHL_BTN commands. That should work (although I suppose that that will not solve the MPC-HC problem).

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with the "same PGC" question. Anyway, try to solve your current problem first.
Old 17th August 2015, 03:21   #7  |  Link
kirous

Well, as you have no idea about DVDlab Pro. Here I put the images on PgcEdit, the same structure as the DVDlab PRO. Hopefully you can interpret:

But first, in the properties of the buttons on the DVDlab PRO, change the Hi-Lite Button 1 to 0 before compilation.

Image 1: Codes of sub chapter menu

http://postimg.org/image/zeijfd18d/

In image 1, I inserted in the pre-command "(SetHL_BTN) Set Highlighted Button = (mov) 1024 (button 1)" in the beginning, to the time when you enter the submenu chapters, I highlight the button 1 and no default.

Image 2: Sub-menu - Cell 1

http://postimg.org/image/6de75ygsd/

Obviate the other buttons, the most important are the buttons 2 and 3, which has the following codes:

button 2

http://postimg.org/image/d597mjv5p/

button 3

http://postimg.org/image/9a5tjzbzx/

Whereby, in the DVDlab Pro, I put those codes, which came out that way.

Image 3: Sub-menu - Cell 2 (Look, you just put the cell structure 2. Since the operation buttons 2 and 3 pass in the same buttons, not the 1 button.)

http://postimg.org/image/kb0yp048t/

Like the cell 1 buttons 2 and 3 provides the same code

button 2

http://postimg.org/image/mtmnpopz1/

button 3

http://postimg.org/image/xuhsupi7x/

As you say, you have to set the SPRM8 the number button to highlight the SetHL_BTN, and the truth is not where create, if the buttons 2 and 3, or VTSM1, LU1 (en), 3 , the display command....

I hope that with this understand about the program, and forgive me for not having much knowledge in the PgcEdit program, if not solved ... I hope that with this you can give guidance. And once again, thank you for answering the previous question in this post.
Old 17th August 2015, 10:05   #8  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

In your first image, there are several commands totally absurd, because they are totally useless, and they lead to select an illegal button. Commands 1 to 5 do just one thing: they set button 0 as the default button, when the PGC is entered. Furthermore, the SetGHL_BTN command resulting of that garbage is illegal. It sets the button 0 as the default button. There is NO BUTTON 0, and therefore the players do not know what button to highlight. Most players may simply highlight the first button (button 1), but other players may just highlight no button at all, or even crash. Therefore, there is an important authoring bug here.

BTW, I told you to try the DVD in Trace mode. You should have noticed that PgcEdit issues an error message when the menu is displayed during the trace, because the current button value (the value stored in SPRM 8) is illegal and doesn't correspond to an existing button. You should have tried your DVD in trace mode, and it would have been very easy to fix the bug with a single post. In the future, please do what I suggest instead of posting screenshots, always difficult to understand.

Anyway, the first thing to do is to fix that horrible bug. Delete commands 1 to 5 and replace them by a single SetHL_BTN command, such as:
[56 00 00 00 04 00 00 00] 1 (SetHL_BTN) Set Highlighted Button =(mov) 1024 (button 1)
Note that the button you use in this command will be the default button each time the menu is called from another PGC (for example, when it is called from the main menu). You should therefore select a button that makes sense when the menu is entered. Button 1 is probably the worst choice, since it returns to the main menu. Personally, I would prefer button 4 (chapter 1), but the choice is up to you (as long as you select an existing button).

That bug being fixed, now, when you use button 2 or 3 to go to the first or second page of the chapters menu, the button defined in the command should be highlighted by default. That should work UNLESS there is something else in the menu that forces the selection of another button. But I can't see that in your screenshots. To verify that, open the first page of the chapters menu and click Edit. The menu editor will be opened. Be sure to enable the "Advanced" option in the bottom left corner of the window. You should see a field with "When the buttons are displayed, force the selection of [...]". The [...] button MUST be set to "button in sprm(8)". If you select another option (such as "Button 1"), the button selected here will ALWAYS be the default button when that page of the menu is displayed, and, of course, the "button X" arguments of the LinkPGN commands will be ignored. Be sure to verify that in the two pages of the chapters menu.

When done, check with PgcEdit. Use the Trace mode to verify if the right button is selected by default. (In the menu viewer of PgcEdit, you cannot see the real highlight of the buttons, and there is always a still image even if the menu is animated, but you can see what button is the default button because the square around the button is green instead of red.) Use the arrow keys and the Enter key on your keyboard to simulate the arrows and OK buttons of the remote.

If things work correctly in PgcEdit's Trace mode, they MUST work fine in all players, or there are some bugs in the players.

Last edited by r0lZ; 17th August 2015 at 10:12.
Old 19th August 2015, 05:27   #9  |  Link
sekininsha
責任者

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirous
The only thing I do not work well is the Media Player Classic Home Cinema. Since the call to the next cell (which would be cell 2), I completely disappears selection buttons (or highlight buttons) in cell 2.
This It's probably a bug in MPC-HC, especially if you can see the highlight with the other players. In some test DVD MPC-HC 64-bit does not show the menus correctly, but in 32-bit if you do ..
Old 24th August 2015, 18:58   #10  |  Link
kirous

Hello everyone, and I did a test of my project, but instead I changed the codecs I said earlier that I was using the Media Player Classic Home Cinema, but codec Combined Community Codec Pack and MPC-HC in its latest version . Change the K-Lite Codec Pack in its latest version, and well, cleaning the entire record programs, etc. And install and run the test again, and the end is the same. The Highlight buttons do not appear in the cells that are divided except that if the first cell is displayed.

And I did as I you recommended as some original DVD seen as was its structure and I have used the same way, and everything works (my DVD player desktop, power dvd, VLC, PgcEdit - TRACE, etc.) except for this program Media Player that you perform the operation but not shown.

In my view, "I think" is missing a command or a dummy that has to be done, but I'll have to check it. Hopefully I can find the solution.

Well, more like another query more about cell sub menu, returning to the main menu I get this:

http://i57.tinypic.com/abmdj4.jpg

I do not know if this is normal ?, or will have to do another "DUMMY" does not leave me for that mistake. As I said earlier I did everything correctly, as to use 2 ways to do with the commands: "LinkPGN Program" and "linkcn Cell" and either I get this.

Well I hope your prompt response. Sorry my bad english XD!!

Last edited by kirous; 24th August 2015 at 19:09. Reason: wrong letter
Old 25th August 2015, 10:21   #11  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

We have explained several times that if ONLY MPC-HC (perhaps also only the 64-bit version) has a problem, then that means that it has a bug. You CANNOT fix it by editing your DVD. Dot. Please do not insist. It's useless.

Changing the codec used by MPC-HC might be a good idea, but it is not a good idea to install any codec pack. Codec packs are ALWAYS dangerous, including K-Lite. MPC-HC has its own set of codecs (that you can donwload on their site) and I recommend to use only that ones. And if you really want to use another codec for a specific function, you should modify it in the preferences of MPC-HC. It is usually not sufficient to simply install another codec pack.

I have explained why you see the SPRM 8 warning in PgcEdit in your other thread. Please do not ask the same thing in two different threads.
Old 26th August 2015, 02:45   #12  |  Link
kirous

Once again thank you for the help. I'll check what is the MPC-HC, as I say, is a problem with the Media Player Classic, but as the TRACE (PgcEdit), the operation is performed properly, I will have no problem in desktop DVD players.

Thanks for all friend ... .. sorry for what I repeated the previous threads. Sorry my Bad English XD!!