Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 6th August 2002, 10:30   #21  |  Link
Wilbert

I have no problems with it. It is not slow or anything like that.

edit: In the Tavi FAQ I saw this:

Performance problems

Q: I just installed Tavi and some pages (in particular submitting a newly edited page) are taking a ridiculously long time to load. What's wrong?

A: This could well be a problem with Tavi using gethostbyaddr() in several places throughout the script, which on some servers causes a major performance hit. A "quick hack" solution is to remove all calls to gethostbyaddr($REMOTE_ADDR) and replace them with $REMOTE_ADDR on its own. In Tavi 0.22 you need to edit lib/category.php line 46, action/admin.php line 80 and action/save.php lines 32 and 53.

Richard, Sh0dan, can you have a look at this.

Last edited by Wilbert; 6th August 2002 at 12:22.
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2002, 20:09   #22  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

I've made the suggested edits, let me know if that helps. I'll also be editing the templates sometime soon -- the guy behind Easytopicmaps.com sent me his PHP yesterday.

There's still work going on in the CVS /docs so check to be sure you don't work too hard
Richard Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2002, 22:02   #23  |  Link
WarpEnterprises
C64

@RB:It seems the access is ok now.
THX
WarpEnterprises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2002, 09:50   #24  |  Link
Wilbert

@poptones, Warpenterprises

Quote:
Yeah, I know it's not exactly quick, but it really is simple. Took me about an hour to create what's there now. Filling in the command glossary now is just a matter of cut and paste as we (I?) get the time. You could do the same thing with the quesitons and links. I'll be glad to help out, but it'll be late this evening before I get back to it.
That would be very nice. Hopefully we can get it ready at the end of the week before I go on holidays. Maybe you can start at the end of the faq with the last three sections or so.

But it is not a simply matter of cut and paste If you look at what I did already you will know how it works.
Old 8th August 2002, 00:39   #25  |  Link
poptones

I don't understand. It still looks like a matter of cut and paste. What am I missing here?

Your docs look awesome, BTW. A lot of work there I'm sure.
poptones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2002, 09:29   #26  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
I don't understand. It still looks like a matter of cut and paste. What am I missing here?
I would say try and you will see, but I see that you already were editing stuff. Things like italic, bold, enumeration, urls, anchors, much be changed. Of course it is not too much work ...

But something happened to http://www.avisynth.org/index.php?page=AviSynthFaq. The layout is changed (personally I don't like the green bars on the left, especially if you want to print that page). But these docs can't be edited anymore. What happened?

Edit: when trying to reach that page I see now parse errors. I guess I much be patience.

Last edited by Wilbert; 8th August 2002 at 09:31.
Old 8th August 2002, 11:31   #27  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Ok, I'm done fiddling with the layout (for now, anyway). If the sidebar wastes too much space I can turn down the font size a bit, but consider it an inspiration to keep individual pages short
Old 25th August 2002, 11:48   #28  |  Link
Wilbert

I removed the faq in this thread, and redirected to the faq on http://www.avisynth.org/index.php?page=AviSynthFaq. Several changes were made, the main ones:
  • updated Q2
  • Changed Q6; pointers to the "new" documentation
  • updated Q13; added Nics plugin (MPEGdecoder for loading vob/mpeg2 files)
  • updated Q15; about compressed audio support
  • updated Q21; added new plugins (MAM, Convolution3D, STMedianFilter, DNR2 (YUY2/RGB) and 2d_cleaner (YUY2))

If I've installed the stuff Shodan sent me, I will change it on the project page.
Old 30th August 2002, 16:43   #29  |  Link
Wilbert

I made the following updates:
  • Q21: added description of MAM
  • Q32: starting from v2.05 it is possible to do auto-plugin loading
  • Q42: about the improved version of the import premiere plugin
  • minor updates of Q5 (Loop doesn't work in v2.05) and Q17 (compressed audio support)
Old 13th September 2002, 19:51   #30  |  Link
Wilbert

Q21 and Q22: added plugins which were floating around recently (Chromashift, Lanczos, AntiBlink, Msharpen, Dub and Focus2)

added:
N1: Does AviSynth have a GUI (graphical user interface) ?

A: No, but: Belgador made a start for AviSynth support in VirtualDub ([have a look at this thread], just copy the exe in the VDub-dir). It acts like a menu where you can add filters, show a preview, edit the script manually, etc.

Last edited by Wilbert; 16th September 2002 at 10:07.
Old 27th September 2002, 17:25   #31  |  Link
Wilbert

the main changes:

added (I have to do a renumbering when I have time):

N2: When frameserving I got the following message: "Script error, there is no function named "xxx (some filter)"" ?

A: You probably installed/registered a version of AviSynth which doesn't contain the filter. Make sure that there are no other versions floating around on your hard disc (there's a possibility that a version will be registered while it is not in your system directory). Check that the right version is registered, see also Q3.

Q43: How do I frameserve to Windows Media 9 Encoder using AviSynth ?

A: Download Nic's Windows Media 9 Encoder and make sure you also installed the Windows Media 9 codec. Both can be found [here].

changed Q33 into:

Q33: What is mpeg2dec.dll/mpeg2dec2.dll/mpeg2decpp.dll and where can I find those plugins ?

A: mpeg2dec.dll/mpeg2dec2.dll/mpeg2decpp.dll are plugins (if you experiences crashes try the latter which is more robust) which enable AviSynth to import MPEG2 files. Mpeg2source returns the frames in YUV format.

mpeg2dec.dll is available (including some filters) at [Dividees homepage], mpeg2dec2.dll is available at [trbarry homepage] and Marc FD's plugin mpeg2decpp.dll is available at [1].

The main difference is that mpeg2dec2.dll is more rubust than mpeg2dec.dll and mpeg2decpp.dll (which is based on Dividees mpeg2dec.dll) contains Nics post processing (like deblocking and deringing).

added two plugins to Q21:

30.[BorderControl plugin (by Simon Walters)]: After capturing video you might want to crop your video to get rid of rubbish. BorderControl enables you to smear added borders instead of adding solid borders preventing artefacts between picture and border.

31.[WarpSharp, Xsharpen, SmartSmoothHiQ, UnsharpMask, UVTimingH, UVTimingV, LoadAviUtlInputPlugin, Auto24FPS, AutoDeint, FrameCache (by GuiltyX)]: Ported VirtualDub filters.

changed Q11 into:

Q11: How do I load my AVS-file AviSynth in encoder/application X ?

A: Just open your AVS-file in TMPGEnc, CCE SP, VirtualDub or whatever encoder/application you use. For VFAPI you need to install the [ReadAVS] plugin. Just copy ReadAVS.dll to the VFAPI reader directory and open the reg-file ReadAVS.reg in notepad and change the corresponding path. Save it, and doubleclick on it to merge it with your registry-file.
Old 18th October 2002, 17:44   #32  |  Link
Wilbert

I reorganized the faq and made some changes, briefly:

- added Q6: How do I install AviSynth ?
- added a link to [VirtualDubAVS&OGM] in Q10
- added Q19: I get an unrecognized exception error trying to load an avs file with VirtualDub, using dvd2avi v1.77.3 ?
- added Q28: SmoothDeinterlacer (by Xesdeeni)
- added Q28: a link to MAM
- added Q28: Wavelet Noise Reduction (by thejam)
- added Q28: Ghostbuster (by SansGrip)
- some other minor corrections/additions

I hope it is a bit better now ...
Old 28th October 2002, 11:20   #33  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

I consolidated AviSynthPlugins into Q28 and cleaned things up a bit, adding the Peach while I was at it. Not FAQ-related, but I also added some stuff to ShareFunctions.
Old 29th October 2002, 18:46   #34  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Thanks for adding the VDub collections; I added direct download links. BTW, if you ever want text files (or anything else -- we've got 100MB) uploaded, just email me.
Old 8th November 2002, 16:16   #35  |  Link
Wilbert

Ok, thanks Richard.

The main changes (briefly summarized):

- Changed Q10 about VirtualDubMod (especially the avs preview and the command line processor). I also added AVSGenie. Tell me if the description is ok.

- In Q28 I added the following plugins: Blockbuster, GrapeSmoother, msoften (a good two line description is still lacking) and Guava comb.
Old 20th November 2002, 04:59   #36  |  Link
High Speed Dubb

Thank you to Richard and Wilbert for putting in the links the filters I wrote up. I notice that Peach Smoother got its silly explanation onto the page.

Is it okay if I make some changes to the filter explanations? I’d like to include the Peach’s need for SSE, remove the reference to the green dot (since that’s no longer on by default), and move Guava Comb into the miscellaneous section. (Technically it does average temporally, but it’s much more special purpose than a temporal smoother. Its closest relative is probably AntiBlink.)

While I’m at it — Shouldn’t TemporalSoften2 be in the temporal smoother section?
Old 20th November 2002, 07:57   #37  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Yes, I was still laughing at your description when I added Peach and decided to be silly Change whatever you feel appropriate, that's the whole idea.

PS check your Guava thread

Last edited by Richard Berg; 20th November 2002 at 08:04.
Old 20th November 2002, 08:53   #38  |  Link
High Speed Dubb

Okay, I entered a few changes. They’re mostly to my own filters, but I also added TemporalCleaner and moved a couple other filters around (TemporalSoften2 and CopySame).
Old 20th November 2002, 09:43   #39  |  Link
High Speed Dubb

... And I’ve also added in NoMoSmooth. I’ll leave it to SansGrip to fill in exactly what it does, since I think it’s a work in progress.

Here’s another idea: Would anyone mind if I collected together a bunch of filters into a “Capture Artifact Removal” category? Guava Comb, Antiblink, GhostBuster, and BorderControl could probably go into it. The category is a little shaky, since noise and interlace are also capture artifacts — but it’s probably better than dropping them all into “misc.”

Also, I think ViewFields probably belongs in the deinterlacing section.
Old 20th November 2002, 10:38   #40  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Other possible names: "analog cleanup" or "broadcast video" or "capture helpers"...some combination of those will work perfectly, but I can't think of it right now...

BTW -- I've borrowed some PHP/MySQL code from a friend in the hopes of making it simpler for others to upload things to the webserver. The application that came immediately to mind was to give filter authors an easy place to list their wares; less maintainance work to keep the Wiki up to date ultimately means happier users. Thoughts?

Obligatory screenshot (that happens to use said service in its original form -- I'd modify it to accept non-images, of course):

Tags
avisynth, faq