Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 2nd February 2019, 20:48   #21  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
I like to avoid as much contact with the OS as possible, never did like the PC (puttin' it mildly), I once upon a time refused the offer of a free PC, twice in one day [different free sources], just did not want one, also reason I am reluctant to get into X86 asm/intrinsic stuff.
PC shoulda been dumped decades ago.
You seem to be confusing the PC - I presume you are referring to the x86-64 architecture - and the OS's it can host (Windows, DOS, Linux, BSD, macOS, Solaris).

Unless you want to work with a Unix SparcStation or a MAC (), there is not much choice, is there?
Old 2nd February 2019, 21:14   #22  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
there is not much choice, is there?
Yep I know, and I hates dat. (me hates the chip, Windows, the whole shabang).
Seems that we are stuck with the x86/64 PC, until the lights all go out.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 21:15   #23  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
The stuff in bold above [but replacing post with reply], was Maggie Thatcher's favourite reply at Prime Minister's Question Time, in the House of Commons.
[when being badgered for some answer repeatedly, whilst continuously avoiding a proper reply]
It was part of parliamentary protocol/tradition. Historically the PM was only supposed/allowed to answer questions on subjects they had direct responsibility for, which actually isn't all that much (because almost everything can technically be delegated to a minister). So everyone would instead ask about the PM's appointments, to which the PM would - the first time - give a standard answer, and then to every subsequent asking of the question, would give the reply above.

The reason this worked is that once you'd asked the PM the appointments question, you could then ask a follow-up question, which would be your actual question (which would otherwise have been dismissed as not falling under the PM's remit).

So if you'd said "Are you going to sort out the plumbing?" the PM could say "Ask the Minister for Toilets," but if you first asked about appointments, you could then ask something like "Why haven't you got any appointments with plumbers?"

Yes, it's as ridiculous as it sounds - which is why they got rid of that nonsense so now you don't hear the "I refer the honourable..." any more, or at least as much.
Old 2nd February 2019, 21:21   #24  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

@ Wonkey Donkey,

I thank the honourable gentleman for the reply I read some moments ago

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 2nd February 2019 at 21:34.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avisynth, file size, read