Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 8th August 2002, 15:18   #21  |  Link
gabest

I was thinking much about how to do it the best way. Do you have any suggestion for a clean system?
gabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2002, 16:43   #22  |  Link
Yusaku

Under Options>Formats tab, add another button "Non-default filters" (or something like that, cannot think of short descriptive label...), that will open a list of filters added to the graph extra (default on emty) with a possibility to add DShow filters to the list in a similar way as in GraphEdit.

This way, you'll get features similar to zoom player (but way easier to configure), but it will fail in cases when graph auto-build won't include these extra filters on the right places (i.e. Dump filter) - it is not too necessary.

But if you'd like to program a lot, you could add two extra buttons (which flters should connect to this filter on imput pins and which on output ones); thatway you'd be able to describe even whole graph tree...
Yusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2002, 16:46   #23  |  Link
gabest

Hehe, I think I need to rewrite and integrate graphedit into the player to make everybody happy
Old 8th August 2002, 18:04   #24  |  Link
Yusaku

well, not for me anyway... I was just suggesting a way how to include it in MPC interface

But I think that it will be for advanced users anyway, so I guess you could go for GUID list somewhere in registry or config file... it will do the same work...

Last edited by Yusaku; 8th August 2002 at 18:54.
Old 11th August 2002, 21:53   #25  |  Link
Yusaku

Another feature request: when there is a video file and a few audio tracks, could you add selection of them?

ex.:
Movie.avi
Movie.English.ssa
Movie.English.mp3
Movie.Czech.ssa
Movie.Czech.mp3

would make menu for selecting between three tracks and two subtitles.

It would probably need to rebuild the graph tree, but that is not too big of a problem (you don't switch languages that often during playback...) => after selecting the language, load the two files (already working) and seek to current timestamp.
Old 11th August 2002, 22:04   #26  |  Link
Yusaku

also, how about the aspect ratio correction for movie playback on 16:9 TVs? The numeric keypad just is not working on this notebook in MPC and it is extremely boring to do it with mouse in menu, not to mention that you never get the correct aspect ratio this way.
Old 12th August 2002, 09:08   #27  |  Link
gabest

Yusaku: How was that 16:9 zooming exactly? On this picture the red or the blue area?
Old 12th August 2002, 16:15   #28  |  Link
Yusaku

enlarge the red area (16:9) (movie area) to the grey (whole 4:3) (TV Out is almost always 4:3 ) => leave X axis as it is and scale Y by 133.33%
Old 12th August 2002, 16:58   #29  |  Link
gabest

Yea, I though so, just wasn't sure about it since the pan&scan presets in powerdvd zoom on the blue area.
Old 12th August 2002, 18:28   #30  |  Link
Yusaku

Yes, I know - well, that's usable for viewing 16:9 movie fullscreen without "unnecessary" borders - some people like it (on 4:3 monitors) (I know about 3 such people), while what I need is to show movie fullscreen on 16:9TV, because the drivers for most TV OUTs are stupid and don't support 16:9 resolution (Matrox is a nice exception, but AFAIK no other manufacturer noticed the existence of 16:9 TVs so far).
I guess that adding both presets won't hurt - from what I've seen around quite a few ppl actually use that zoom in PDVD
Old 16th August 2002, 20:04   #31  |  Link
Yusaku

one more feature request ^_^
Ctrl+<> is great toy, but if you could revive Alt+<> from WMP, it'd be great. I miss some way how to seek through video using keyboard (not that WMP had the seeking enabled - it was greyed out all the time...); and it disables any way how to use remote control with WMP/MPC (scripting mouse to that extent is impossible in bRemote; and seeking bar is turned off in fullscreen anyway)

The greatest would be if you could seek on keyframes; so that it'd respond immediately - but just "go 10 seconds backwards/forwards" on each Alt+<> press is enough...

Speaking of the mouse - quite often it doesn't hide in fullscreen mode when "show controls in fullscreen" is turned off. With it on it hides everytime. Any suggestions? :) I hate controls on fullscreen!
Old 16th August 2002, 20:36   #32  |  Link
gabest

Seeking frames is very problematic in dshow. The only reliable thing is stepping forward n frames, but it isn't possible to do it backwards at all. Also, you can forget about seeking to keyframes for a while. I couldn't find any reference in the help or using google about determining where the keyframes are.

(What was the Ctrl+<> or Alt+<> what you were talking about? I have no idea what they did or should have done in wmp64 :P)

I've rarely used it with the controls turned off in fs, but I will look into the problem now

Meanwhile you (or anyone) could test http://vobsub.edensrising.com/get2.php/mplayerc.rar for me. In renderless mode there is an integrated subresync implemented as a toolbar.
Old 16th August 2002, 20:50   #33  |  Link
Yusaku

Hmmm... as I thought - DShow is too much time oriented for that

Anyway, could you make the Alt+arrows seek 10 secs backward/forward relative to current position?

Ad subresync: I'll try to look at it, but unfortunately the drivers for DD are SOOO crappy on this notebook that I cannot promise anything...
Old 16th August 2002, 21:00   #34  |  Link
gabest

Yea..., seeking x sec is possible. I just need to find some space somewhere in the options to add settings for it.
Old 16th August 2002, 22:40   #35  |  Link
Yusaku

You could go for the classic WMP style, add a menu "go" and put it there... together with the "play at" and maybe some future seeking commands... To maintain similarity to WMP as close as possible
Old 17th August 2002, 00:40   #36  |  Link
Yusaku

well, subresync SEEMS to be working, but with 2fps it is hard to tell... Apparently these drivers suck just a bit too much ^_^.

And regarding pan&scan: thanks a lot for the 16:9 option
but
1) what is the difference between "reset" and "Stretch to 4:3"?
2) what are the other two for? 1.85:1 might be useful to zoom a movie on 16:9 TV at the cost of slightly messed proportions, but 2.35:1 is damaging the widescreen movies too much.

What I was suggesting were three options:
Scale to 16:9 TV (X scale 100%, Y scale 133%) (working now)
Zoom widescreen (X scale 139%, Y scale 139%)
Zoom ultra-widescreen (X scale 177%, Y scale 177%)

the first one is for buggy drivers on TV Out, the other two are taken directly from PDvD4's Pan&Scan menu (to show the center of widescreen, resp ultra-widescreen fullscreen on 4:3 screen)
Old 17th August 2002, 01:04   #37  |  Link
gabest

Quote:
Originally posted by Yusaku
1) what is the difference between "reset" and "Stretch to 4:3"?
LOL, nothing. But it looked so logical to add it on the list... I like order
Quote:
2) what are the other two for? 1.85:1 might be useful to zoom a movie on 16:9 TV at the cost of slightly messed proportions, but 2.35:1 is damaging the widescreen movies too much.
Dunno, maybe some ppl has a display with such a ratio.
Quote:
What I was suggesting were three options:
Scale to 16:9 TV (X scale 100%, Y scale 133%) (working now)
Zoom widescreen (X scale 139%, Y scale 139%)
Zoom ultra-widescreen (X scale 177%, Y scale 177%)
Yea, the "powerdvd-like" options could also be usefull. Good thing it is never late to update the UI
Old 17th August 2002, 06:48   #38  |  Link
Yusaku

Quote:
Originally posted by gabest
LOL, nothing. But it looked so logical to add it on the list... I like order
In that case - could you move the reset to the zoom group where it belongs to? (above the new stretch group) ^___^

Quote:
Originally posted by gabest
Dunno, maybe some ppl has a display with such a ratio.
Dunno, doubt it - I've seen just 4:3 and 16:9 TVs; and all computer displays have luckily 1:1 pixel size (I know, except 1280x1024, but even there the difference is not too big...), so they do not need tweaking at application level. I think that the only usability of this non-standard stretch is really for 16:9 TVs, but it works like a charm on them

Damn, if all the TVs had DVI connector, there wouldn't be any problems
Old 17th August 2002, 06:53   #39  |  Link
Yusaku

BTW: Ad keyframes: Yeah, I know... The only think that's seeking to keyframes now is Tobias' OGM filter - so unless you're willing to rewrite AVI splitter
Old 21st August 2002, 05:08   #40  |  Link
ookzDVD
DVD Rebuilder!

@gabest,

thank you for your wmp
btw, the picture is look jerk if I maximize to fullscreen ;(
not as smooth as the original wmp, or maybe I have to use the
bicubis DS filter 'cause you not implement it yet ?

Thank you.
ookzDVD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
media player classic