Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 7th February 2016, 17:48   #1  |  Link
garson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
ASIO renderer for MPC-HC

Hello.

I've been searching online for asio renderer for MPC-HC for some time, as some of you.
Couple of weeks ago I've stumbled upon Multichannel DirectShow ASIO Renderer.
There are both 32 and 64bit versions.

"Official" page and download link:
http://blog.familie-buchberger.at/20...asio-renderer/
garson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2016, 21:15   #2  |  Link
BetA13
Guru3D
 
BetA13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 132
i just tried it...
im not shure why that is but i cant seem to get 5.1 output with it..
it allways gives out 2.0






in LAV it also reports input 6 and output 2.

i cant see where the error is, as soon as i select the normal audio renderer again, i have back my 5.1...

if you find a solution or can make an little tutorial how you managed to set it up, i would really like that..

greetz
BetA13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2016, 22:30   #3  |  Link
garson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
I'm not sure about that since I don't have multichannel config.
The guy who made this renderer has I think 16 speakers (that's the main reason to make it), the max is 24 channels. So I'm sure this is working for multichannel audio.

Now, my sound card is 8 channel (7.1) but I'm using just stereo. In output volume I see Channel 1 to Channel 8 and also in Channel Mapping I see all 8 channels.

Check LAV Audio decoder setting, maybe you have something wrong set there (mixing to stereo or whatever)?
garson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2016, 22:40   #4  |  Link
BetA13
Guru3D
 
BetA13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 132
yeah, allready did that.. LAV is set up for multichannel, stereo mixing is OFF..
windows is also set to 5.1 as is the soundcard..

not shure whats wrong

i even tried different players..

maybe i have to enable the "audio creation mode" in my creative panel..
not shure, ill try this later..

Thanks for teh reply doh..
BetA13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 01:54   #5  |  Link
garson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetA13 View Post
yeah, allready did that.. LAV is set up for multichannel, stereo mixing is OFF..
windows is also set to 5.1 as is the soundcard..

not shure whats wrong

i even tried different players..

maybe i have to enable the "audio creation mode" in my creative panel..
not shure, ill try this later..

Thanks for teh reply doh..
It's probably asio driver for your sound card. I have Xonar and ESI soundcardd (both 7.1) and without any additional setting I see all 8 channels in asio renderer properties.
garson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 20:28   #6  |  Link
BetA13
Guru3D
 
BetA13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 132
yep, it was teh "audio creation mode"..

i have a native ASIO card (xfi-gamer) and i had to put it in audio creation mode, now it works..
Well, i have 18 output channels now,lol..

really nice renderer from what i tested, love the "virtual speaker room" option...
BetA13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2016, 17:52   #7  |  Link
nijiko
Hi-Fi Fans
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 222
It can not be used on XP? I suggest you to use ASIO Cable 1.1 (lastest) instead.
nijiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2016, 21:18   #8  |  Link
garson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by nijiko View Post
It can not be used on XP? I suggest you to use ASIO Cable 1.1 (lastest) instead.
I didn't try it on XP, it says Windows All on Softpedia page. I don't see a reason why wouldn't it run in XP.
garson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2016, 06:45   #9  |  Link
nijiko
Hi-Fi Fans
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by garson View Post
I didn't try it on XP, it says Windows All on Softpedia page. I don't see a reason why wouldn't it run in XP.
I think ASIO Cable is perfect on 2K~10.
nijiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2016, 19:23   #10  |  Link
garson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by nijiko View Post
I think ASIO Cable is perfect on 2K~10.
Can you provide link where I can download it?

Thanks.
garson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2016, 09:50   #11  |  Link
nijiko
Hi-Fi Fans
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by garson View Post
Can you provide link where I can download it?

Thanks.
It's been so long. I just forgot where I d/led it and where I put the installer into.
nijiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2016, 15:37   #12  |  Link
toniash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by garson View Post
Can you provide link where I can download it?

Thanks.
http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/
toniash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2016, 03:35   #13  |  Link
nijiko
Hi-Fi Fans
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by toniash View Post
Not this one. This one I had tried before, and it was not perfect. The one I said is stop developing from 2012, because no need.
nijiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2016, 03:42   #14  |  Link
nijiko
Hi-Fi Fans
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 222
After install, see pic:
Attached Images
 
nijiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 18:54   #15  |  Link
nijiko
Hi-Fi Fans
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 222
Amazing!!! This tool just published ver 1.28 in 14th, Feb. Fixed the problem in XP. Is the developer here?
But I still do NOT recommend this tool, because this tool is writen by .NET, and is NOT a standard DirectShow filter.
It can NOT be loaded as a filter in Ext. Fitlers of MPC.

Last edited by nijiko; 18th February 2016 at 19:04.
nijiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 21:31   #16  |  Link
mbuchber01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1
Dear nijiko,
What exactly do you mean when you say that the renderer is not loadable as external filter in MPC-HC? Can you give detailed descriptions, so I can reproduce the error.
Concerning your statement about .NET: The fact that the filter is written in .NET language does not mean that it is no "standard" filter. It's the same as any other directshow filter, also technically, but just wrapped in a .NET dll, which does not make much of a difference. By the way, what do you exactly mean by stating that it's not a "standard" filter?

Regards,
Michael
mbuchber01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 06:24   #17  |  Link
hobbs1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nijiko View Post
Amazing!!! This tool just published ver 1.28 in 14th, Feb. Fixed the problem in XP. Is the developer here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuchber01 View Post
Dear nijiko,
What exactly do you mean when you say that the renderer is not loadable as external filter in MPC-HC? Can you give detailed descriptions, so I can reproduce the error.
Concerning your statement about .NET: The fact that the filter is written in .NET language does not mean that it is no "standard" filter. It's the same as any other directshow filter, also technically, but just wrapped in a .NET dll, which does not make much of a difference. By the way, what do you exactly mean by stating that it's not a "standard" filter?

Regards,
Michael
Welp, looks like you got your developer answer .
hobbs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 21:09   #18  |  Link
nijiko
Hi-Fi Fans
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuchber01 View Post
Dear nijiko,
What exactly do you mean when you say that the renderer is not loadable as external filter in MPC-HC? Can you give detailed descriptions, so I can reproduce the error.
Concerning your statement about .NET: The fact that the filter is written in .NET language does not mean that it is no "standard" filter. It's the same as any other directshow filter, also technically, but just wrapped in a .NET dll, which does not make much of a difference. By the way, what do you exactly mean by stating that it's not a "standard" filter?

Regards,
Michael
Thank you for your attention.
Your renderer can't be registered by regsvr32 command.
And in MPC -> "Option" -> "Ext Filters",
Your renderer can't be loaded for "Add Filter" both by file and after install.
So I call it NON-standard.
nijiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.