Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th December 2003, 18:38   #801  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Quote:
Originally posted by Christos
The stream info files you requested:
OMG - what did you use to generate those files?
It doesn't look like output of DVDDecrypter at all (with all those brackets). no wonder I can't parse them...
len0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2003, 19:24   #802  |  Link
Christos

Quote:
Originally posted by len0x
OMG - what did you use to generate those files? It doesn't look like output of DVDDecrypter at all (with all those brackets). no wonder I can't parse them...
It's from SmartRipper, I tried it after i got the error just to test if something had gone wrong with my ripping. I din't realise its diffrent for each ripper.
Here is the one from DVDDecrypter...

0x20 - Subtitle - Dansk / LBA: 23096 / PTS: 00:00:47.480 / Delay: 47200ms
0x21 - Subtitle - Espaņol / LBA: 23098 / PTS: 00:00:47.480 / Delay: 47200ms
0x22 - Subtitle - Greek / LBA: 23268 / PTS: 00:00:47.720 / Delay: 47440ms
0x23 - Subtitle - Norsk / LBA: 23100 / PTS: 00:00:47.480 / Delay: 47200ms
0x24 - Subtitle - Russian / LBA: 23102 / PTS: 00:00:47.480 / Delay: 47200ms
0x25 - Subtitle - Svenska / LBA: 23103 / PTS: 00:00:47.480 / Delay: 47200ms
0x26 - Subtitle - English / LBA: 23145 / PTS: 00:00:47.480 / Delay: 47200ms
0x27 - Subtitle - English / LBA: 364 / PTS: 00:00:01.440 / Delay: 1160ms
0x28 - Subtitle - Estonian / LBA: 23172 / PTS: 00:00:47.560 / Delay: 47280ms
0x29 - Subtitle - Suomi / LBA: 23151 / PTS: 00:00:47.480 / Delay: 47200ms
0x2A - Subtitle - Dansk / LBA: 1805 / PTS: 00:00:06.080 / Delay: 5800ms
0x2B - Subtitle - Espaņol / LBA: 1807 / PTS: 00:00:06.080 / Delay: 5800ms
0x2C - Subtitle - Greek / LBA: 1970 / PTS: 00:00:06.640 / Delay: 6360ms
0x2D - Subtitle - Norsk / LBA: 1809 / PTS: 00:00:06.080 / Delay: 5800ms
0x2E - Subtitle - Russian / LBA: 1835 / PTS: 00:00:06.280 / Delay: 6000ms
0x2F - Subtitle - Svenska / LBA: 1811 / PTS: 00:00:06.080 / Delay: 5800ms
0x30 - Subtitle - Suomi / LBA: 1813 / PTS: 00:00:06.080 / Delay: 5800ms
0x31 - Subtitle - Dansk / LBA: 3748 / PTS: 00:00:11.920 / Delay: 11640ms
0x32 - Subtitle - Espaņol / LBA: 3751 / PTS: 00:00:11.920 / Delay: 11640ms
0x33 - Subtitle - Greek / LBA: 3888 / PTS: 00:00:12.160 / Delay: 11880ms
0x34 - Subtitle - Norsk / LBA: 3755 / PTS: 00:00:11.920 / Delay: 11640ms
0x35 - Subtitle - Russian / LBA: 3744 / PTS: 00:00:11.880 / Delay: 11600ms
0x36 - Subtitle - Svenska / LBA: 3757 / PTS: 00:00:11.920 / Delay: 11640ms
0x37 - Subtitle - Suomi / LBA: 3766 / PTS: 00:00:11.920 / Delay: 11640ms
0x80 - Audio - AC3 / 6ch / 48kHz / DRC / English / LBA: 24 / PTS: 00:00:00.298 / Delay: 18ms
0x81 - Audio - AC3 / 6ch / 48kHz / DRC / Espaņol / LBA: 18 / PTS: 00:00:00.280 / Delay: 0ms
0x82 - Audio - AC3 / 6ch / 48kHz / DRC / Russian / LBA: 19 / PTS: 00:00:00.280 / Delay: 0ms
0x83 - Audio - AC3 / 1ch / 48kHz / DRC / English / LBA: 22 / PTS: 00:00:00.280 / Delay: 0ms
0x84 - Audio - AC3 / 1ch / 48kHz / DRC / English / LBA: 23 / PTS: 00:00:00.280 / Delay: 0ms
0xE0 - Video - MPEG-2 / 720x576 (PAL) / 16:9 / Letterboxed / LBA: 1 / PTS: 00:00:00.280 / Delay: 0ms
Christos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2003, 19:28   #803  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

@Christos

I see no problems opening the file with AutoGK. Do you really have error when ripping with DVDDecrypter? I'm supporting only stream info file from it...

Last edited by len0x; 11th December 2003 at 19:30.
Old 11th December 2003, 19:35   #804  |  Link
Christos

@len0x
I tested with the files I ripped in IFO mode and guess what...
No crash now...
So am just an idiot who wasted your time I guess...
I allways used to rip the whole DVD with DVDDecrypter in File mode and then used AutoGK on it with no probs but I guess I should have tried IFO mode before posting...
AM REALLY REALLY SORRY...
Old 11th December 2003, 19:41   #805  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Quote:
Originally posted by Christos
@len0xI allways used to rip the whole DVD with DVDDecrypter in File mode and then used AutoGK on it with no probs
That mode is not officially supported by me, but in some cases it works and (as you just found out) sometimes it doesn't. That's why the guide does not mention other supported modes...
Old 11th December 2003, 19:49   #806  |  Link
SonGokuDBZ

@ lenox:
Is it possibel to add a feature for choosing the encoder quality, perhaps in the advanced form? I usually need 3 hours for a DVD-Rip and would like to spend more time for even better quality!

Thanks!

P.S: Sorry for my English!!!
SonGokuDBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2003, 19:54   #807  |  Link
Christos

Quote:
That mode is not officially supported by me, but in some cases it works and (as you just found out) sometimes it doesn't. That's why the guide does not mention other supported modes...
Yes, I knew it, I always read this thread but somehow I din't think it could be the problem cause I saw that old post about the same error message... So once again sorry for wasting your time and everyone elses who is reading my posts. I 'll shut up now...

P.S. The only good thing I did was help growing this thread I guess...

Last edited by Christos; 11th December 2003 at 19:57.
Old 11th December 2003, 19:57   #808  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Quote:
Originally posted by SonGokuDBZ
@ lenox:
Is it possibel to add a feature for choosing the encoder quality, perhaps in the advanced form?
which encoder and which quality are you talking about ?
Old 11th December 2003, 20:44   #809  |  Link
SonGokuDBZ

Quote:
which encoder and which quality are you talking about ?
I'm using DivX 5.1.1. When I'm ripping with GordianKnot I use the slowes setting in "Performance/Quality", slow "Psychovisual Enhancements" and extreme "Pre Processing Source".With this settings I get 6fps. I dont know the settings in AutoGK, but I guess they are not on highest quality(because I have about 30fps), or am I wrong?

If it is so I would like to choose whether this setting is on standard, slow or slowest and so on...
SonGokuDBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2003, 21:17   #810  |  Link
dihelson

Quote:
Originally posted by SonGokuDBZ
I'm using DivX 5.1.1. When I'm ripping with GordianKnot I use the slowes setting in "Performance/Quality", slow "Psychovisual Enhancements" and extreme "Pre Processing Source".With this settings I get 6fps. I dont know the settings in AutoGK, but I guess they are not on highest quality(because I have about 30fps), or am I wrong?

If it is so I would like to choose whether this setting is on standard, slow or slowest and so on...
Yes, I agree with you also, It would be interesting if the "advanced" user could choose what he thinks as the "best" codec parameters if they wanted to go deep. I know that for advanced users, many people here would say: "Then go for the GK itself", but would be interesting some Tab to choose personalized advanced configs here, it would not harm. After all, if I want 6fps, no problem...

[]'s
Dihelson
dihelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2003, 03:47   #811  |  Link
wertherman

Re: Re: Couple of bugs

Quote:
actually I'm unable to reproduce it. DVD2AVI behaves that way when it can't find input vobs. Are you sure that it's working if you just select that second encode after opening AutoGK ?
Encountered this problem again (not being able to start a new encode with the same instance of AutoGK due to dvd2avi not doing anything). I am completely sure that it's working fine after selecting exactly the same encoding parameters in a new copy of AutoGK. I did notice that the tmp directory off the output directory was unreadable by windows before I closed down AutoGK, so maybe it's a problem with some lock on the directory????

Then again maybe my system is just messed up.......
wertherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2003, 08:53   #812  |  Link
MindlessOath

advanced users are suppose to use gorden knot and not autoGK. so if you want extended/advanced features use that.
http://gordianknot.sourceforge.net Gordian Knot 0.28.7 is out

i was having a problem with a certain DVD of myne. i own a copy of the transporter, its actually my Fathers, but whatever, i have two options for sound, i have only tried the 2 channel sound version, and every time i rip it and encode it (3 times) it gives me the comentary. tonight i am going to try the 6 channel sound version, but im not shure it will work. any guesses? there is not annother option in dvddecripter for any other selection. the longest movie is selected. just from my inexperiance, i usually chose the two channel version in the past for most of my dvd beacuse i dont have a 6 channel stereo sound setup. just stereo, and 2 channels is all i ever need, plus it sounds funny when using the 6 chennel when i did use it.

ok enough of that...

the next problem that i am having is.... i already ripped the 15min extras into a small 50MB avi, NOW i want the movie itself to be only 2 CD's but... i want there to be enough space so i can put the rest of the addons i made. i tried the other option to make a custom filesize, BUT it doesnt split it. is there a way to costomize it a bit more to let me choose if i want one cd, two cd's and if so, a certain amount of size to have the file.

lets say i want to have 5mb space on the disk on one cd to have codecs or a video player? i need that extra space there. in gorden knot i would choose one cd about 695mb so i could do that. same thing with a 2CD setup (never did this before). but it would be nice to have these options, even for the stupid users, they could probably use it, and you could implement it very easy with option boxes combos or whatever.

just a thought.

Last edited by MindlessOath; 12th December 2003 at 09:03.
MindlessOath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2003, 11:43   #813  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Re: Re: Re: Couple of bugs

Quote:
Originally posted by wertherman
I did notice that the tmp directory off the output directory was unreadable by windows before I closed down AutoGK, so maybe it's a problem with some lock on the directory????
So, are you saying that you output dir for the second encode was the same as first one ? There might be problem there... It's safer to use different one I guess for the time being...
Old 12th December 2003, 11:52   #814  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Quote:
Originally posted by MindlessOath

i was having a problem with a certain DVD of myne. i own a copy of the transporter, its actually my Fathers, but whatever, i have two options for sound, i have only tried the 2 channel sound version, and every time i rip it and encode it (3 times) it gives me the comentary. tonight i am going to try the 6 channel sound version, but im not shure it will work. any guesses?
Most DVDs I have have 6 channels for main track and 2ch second commentary track. Are you sure that you do have 2ch movie track ?

Quote:
Originally posted by MindlessOath

the next problem that i am having is.... i already ripped the 15min extras into a small 50MB avi, NOW i want the movie itself to be only 2 CD's but... i want there to be enough space so i can put the rest of the addons i made. i tried the other option to make a custom filesize, BUT it doesnt split it.
I used to always split the file, but then ppl complained about it, so now splitting only occurs when size is 1400 or 2100. Choice will not be available on GUI, but may be in the config file.
Old 12th December 2003, 11:55   #815  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Quote:
Originally posted by dihelson
Yes, I agree with you also, It would be interesting if the "advanced" user could choose what he thinks as the "best" codec parameters if they wanted to go deep. I know that for advanced users, many people here would say: "Then go for the GK itself", but would be interesting some Tab to choose personalized advanced configs here, it would not harm.
Let me say for 100's time: there won't be any advanced settings on GUI _ever_! Config file will accomodate some of the settings though (and will have to be edited by hand).
Old 12th December 2003, 13:21   #816  |  Link
dihelson

Quote:
Let me say for 100's time: there won't be any advanced settings on GUI _ever_! Config file will accomodate some of the settings though (and will have to be edited by hand).
Dear Lenox,
Why this? Why close this matter? See, I think it would be very easy for you to implement an "advanced Tab" in order to make these config manual settings more easy. It least more easy than me... This would not harm or cause any confusion. On the contrary... I know that when people have a fixed oppinion about some matter they tend to maintain it, but please, think about it, think about the requests of your users.

My best regards, and congratulations for this excellent software,
Dihelson Mendonca
dihelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2003, 13:35   #817  |  Link
wertherman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Couple of bugs

Quote:
So, are you saying that you output dir for the second encode was the same as first one ? There might be problem there... It's safer to use different one I guess for the time being...
Yep. That's what I was saying... That is probably where the problem lies.....
wertherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2003, 14:29   #818  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Quote:
See, I think it would be very easy for you to implement an "advanced Tab" in order to make these config manual settings more easy. It least more easy than me... This would not harm or cause any confusion. On the contrary...
About easiness - even if I had a config file for codec options, the way AutoGK is working - it's resizing algorithm is tuned to particular codec options, so by specifying different options you may make it work in a non-optimal way, which will not be supported offcially by me (even with config file, when I have one - you will have to judge for yourself if it does a good job afterwards).

Quote:
I know that when people have a fixed oppinion about some matter they tend to maintain it, but please, think about it, think about the requests of your users.
When a person who never in his life done an encode ask me for this option I'll consider this.

Let me stress this one more time: I designed this application towards total newbies who don't know what quality is and how long it takes to encode a movie. If you experienced user who just finds this app convenient and time saving - you welcome to use it. No offence, but I don't value opinion of those users who just want a particular feature to help them doing the same thing as they're doing in GK. Full stop.
Old 12th December 2003, 15:15   #819  |  Link
mcentee

Hear Hear len0x !

I for one, and I am sure am not alone, in appreciating how much you and all the other developers have done for us "newbies" and simpletons - as we all are at some stage !

Encoding is indeed a dark art - and most of the time a simple way of doing something complicated is what most people want.

In the early days this particular area has been prone to only being available to those with extensive knowledge already who have been brought up on coding and developing from the ground up. Those people have thankfully embraced the "sharing" qualities and made these technical skills of use to "fools" like me through many long hours of effort and support.

If you want more tweakability then there are more tweakable tools out there - GK itself, and if you want to go further then dissemble the codecs and make your own.

At best AutoGK is exactly what is is meant to be and nothing more - if it changes to more "tweakable" then it will lose that sense-of-self that defines a good app and will basically be a poor version of GK itself offering nothing more to the humble user.

Even at worst it offers a way into the encoding arena from where you can step upwards - which itself isn't really a bad thing now is it !?
mcentee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2003, 15:29   #820  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

@mcentee

I'm very glad that others share my view in this matter. I do think that tweakability can do more damage than most of advanced users can think of and I'll do my best to keep things simple and hide all advanced option as much as possible.