Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th September 2004, 16:39   #2781  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

1.57 is up

I was reading the code while implementing FDecimate() support and found several inconsistencies in handling of different FPS, so very probably I fixed quite a few bugs that nobody noticed recently Downside may be that I might have introduced new ones - so please stress test it!
len0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2004, 16:52   #2782  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Re: problem with 720p transport streams

Quote:
Originally posted by lazyn00b
while the 720p conversions were playing at ~59.940.
Now you can use .fps hidden file and enforce 29.970fps.
Old 12th September 2004, 22:52   #2783  |  Link
therealjoeblow

Re: Re: problem with 720p transport streams

Quote:
Originally posted by len0x
Hidden Options tool v-0.8 updated and sent to len0x today. Sorry for the delay - whole new set of responsibilities in RL has left me with precious little free time!

Once he's done testing it, He'll post it on the AutoGK download site (I'm assuming).

Changelog follows:

--------------------------
V-0.8 (September 12, 2004)
--------------------------

- Added 'Force Deinterlacing' when source was detected as hybrid (merged this option with 'Force Normal IVTC', since you can only use one or the other, not both

- Added Transport Stream Video and Audio PID specifiers.

- Added Audio ID speficier for File Mode when stream info wasn't processed.

- Added 'Force Sharp MPEG Matrix' override

- Added 'HDTV Frame Rate Reduction' (Reduces FPS for 60/50fps HDTV progressive sources using FDecimate filter. Analysis step will not be run if this option is used).

- Added tooltips for help on most options - hover over the option titles and input boxes or controls where appropriate.

***NOTE***: I did NOT add support for the following 3 options, because they need to reside in the AutoGK home directory, and since I can't be 100% sure that this wasn't modified by the user during install, you'll have to create them yourselves (they are probably not very frequently used anyway):

-.kerneldeint - Tune KernelDeInt filter threshold. This file has to be in AutoGK home dir unlike all others!

-.itu - for ITU resize method (same option as in full Gordian Knot). This file has to be in AutoGK home dir unlike all others!

-.debug - display VCF scripts for VDubMod in the logs. This file has to be in AutoGK home dir unlike all others!
Old 13th September 2004, 05:49   #2784  |  Link
lazyn00b

Re: Re: problem with 720p transport streams

Quote:
Thank you for this feature. I indeed checked the original source, stepping frame by frame, and saw that it was true 59.940 material, yet I would prefer to halve the framerate anyway, accepting the risk of jerkiness to improve quality on each frame. Thanks again!

lazyn00b
lazyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2004, 10:54   #2785  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Re: Re: Re: problem with 720p transport streams

Quote:
Originally posted by therealjoeblow
Once he's done testing it, He'll post it on the AutoGK download site (I'm assuming).
its up on the website

Quote:
***NOTE***: I did NOT add support for the following 3 options, because they need to reside in the AutoGK home directory,
Well, the tool is launched for AutoGK only if it resides in the same dir, so you can just create those option in the same dir as the tool itself.
Old 14th September 2004, 01:38   #2786  |  Link
therealjoeblow

Re: Re: Re: Re: problem with 720p transport streams

Quote:
Well, the tool is launched for AutoGK only if it resides in the same dir, so you can just create those option in the same dir as the tool itself.
Yes, I thought of that last night before bed. I can use the vb "App.Path" property to get the path that the .exe is running in, and store the files there, assuming that it's been properly copied to the AutoGK directory. I'll add the missing 3 options later tonight and send you v-0.9.
Old 14th September 2004, 10:07   #2787  |  Link
ydobon
Mad Scientist

tsrename.bat and mp2 audio

Hello, Len0x.
Quote:
Originally posted by len0x (RE: tsrename.bat)
Very useful, I'll put this into FAQ I think.
I've been told by PM that it doesn't work very well if your filenames use "_". Mine don't so it works for me :P

I have a question/request: Is there any way of selecting the original mp2 audio (my .ts sources all come with MPEG-1 Layer 2 audio) instead of transcoding it to mp3?

My choice would be to have the original mp2 audio if it's not more than 128 kbps and transcode it if its bitrate is higher (same choice for second audio).

Does AutoGK do anything similar (maybe auto audio with >700MB AVIs)? Would it be possible to do it if not?

Regards,
ydobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2004, 10:32   #2788  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Re: tsrename.bat and mp2 audio

Quote:
Originally posted by ydobon
My choice would be to have the original mp2 audio if it's not more than 128 kbps and transcode it if its bitrate is higher (same choice for second audio).
There is no way for me to get what kind of audio and bitrate is used inside *.mpa file. Also muxing mp2 is not something common and probably break standalone compatibility.
Old 14th September 2004, 12:28   #2789  |  Link
ydobon
Mad Scientist

Re: Re: tsrename.bat and mp2 audio

Hi, again.
Quote:
There is no way for me to get what kind of audio and bitrate is used inside *.mpa file. Also muxing mp2 is not something common and probably break standalone compatibility.
Just playing around with the idea: AutoGK is made with Delphi, isn't it? I wrote code in Delphi to determine the time length of a media file (anything that can be opened with the TMediaPlayer component, *.mpa in particular). Would that and the filesize be enough to determine/approximate the bitrate?

About the standalone compatibility, I can try my next encode with mp2 and a Kiss DP-1000 if you want.

Now that I think about it, a hidden option to choose the .mpa file instead of the .mp3 one if the .mpa is smaller in size would also serve my purpose.

Regards,
Old 14th September 2004, 15:22   #2790  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Re: Re: Re: tsrename.bat and mp2 audio

Quote:
Now that I think about it, a hidden option to choose the .mpa file instead of the .mp3 one if the .mpa is smaller in size would also serve my purpose.
i'll think about it after stable release (although i have to have more than just user wishing for that).
Old 14th September 2004, 19:00   #2791  |  Link
MindlessOath

hidden options help

Quote:
Yes, I thought of that last night before bed. I can use the vb "App.Path" property to get the path that the .exe is running in, and store the files there, assuming that it's been properly copied to the AutoGK directory. I'll add the missing 3 options later tonight and send you v-0.9.
i was thinking that autoGK makes a regkey when it installs and that key keeps the location to where the user most likly installed the application. (i belive it does cause everytime i update it finds it in the new upgrade installer by default meaning it uses a reg key)

so in your VB application, instead of using app.path use some windows API to check the registry in the correct location (which btw u will have to ask len0x or find it yourself (shouldnt be hard) and create the file or files in that location or in a subfolder.

im sure that will make it much less prone to problems rather than using app.path cause some people MAY not run it from the autoGK directory, i myself ran it from the rar file, and that just wont work very well.... tho if i wanted to use the shortcut cntr F9 or whatever it was, then indeed it would have to be in the autoGK folder

if ya need help with the registry thing, im sure u can find an example somewhere on the net www.planetsourcecode.com is just one source if u must have an example.
MindlessOath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2004, 21:33   #2792  |  Link
ydobon
Mad Scientist

Re: Re: Re: Re: tsrename.bat and mp2 audio

Hi,
Quote:
i'll think about it after stable release (although i have to have more than just user wishing for that).
Don't lose any time about it. I just asked because in the audio encoding forum I've been told to keep the mp2 if possible, instead of transcoding it to mp3, whatever the bitrate.

As I saw that the "Audio: Auto" option keeps the original AC3 when the AVI is >700MB, I though the "natural" behaviour would be to keep the original audio track of the .ts files when possible/reasonable.

I've found some audio tracks with low bitrates that when transcoded to mp3 have a metallic sound that I don't really like. But as one of the byproducts of AutoGK are the .mpa tracks, I'll just check the audio and swap the tracks if necessary. It's just an aditional run through VDubMod (which I'm already doing to add the language tags).

Regards,
Old 14th September 2004, 23:57   #2793  |  Link
CeeJay.dk

While googling I stumbled over this thread :
http://forums.divx.com/viewtopic.php...60462&forum=21

It points out that some hardware players do not support the .sub + .idx format of external subtitles - They need .srt subtitles instead.

If this is true then I think AutoGK needs to be able to outout .srt subtitles.

Do you agree ?
CeeJay.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2004, 08:17   #2794  |  Link
ydobon
Mad Scientist

Hello there,
Quote:
Originally posted by CeeJay.dk
[...] If this is true then I think AutoGK needs to be able to outout .srt subtitles.[...]
To convert binary (sub/idx) subtitles to text (srt) subtitles you have to do OCR. As far as I know this needs human intervention, so it's not possible to automatize this step into the process.

That doesn't mean that you can't have srt subtitles. When I want text subtitles I open the sub/idx with SubRip, and OCR the subtitles. A quick review with the dictionary of a word processor and voilá!

Regards,
Old 15th September 2004, 17:46   #2795  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

I am trying to encode a DVDr with DTS audio only, autogk will not allow me to add a job, i could find nothing of DTS in the FAQ.
When i select no audio track it does allow me to encode ( )
Anything i can do about this?
bob0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2004, 17:49   #2796  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Quote:
Originally posted by bob0r
Anything i can do about this?
Actually no. DTS cannot be trancoded or muxed without external tools. I should put this into FAQ indeed.
Old 15th September 2004, 18:03   #2797  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

Quote:
Actually no. DTS cannot be trancoded or muxed without external tools. I should put this into FAQ indeed.
Hmm, isn't autoGK using all kind of "3rd party tools"?
But i guess a DTS tool cant work with autogk.

You got any tips for me? how i maybe can encode this dvdr afterall?

This is a chinese movie with jet li, chinese DTS audio only.
english subs and chinese subs (wide/letterbox).

autogk says: Chinese DTS 6ch

If i encode video with autogk, and make my own DTS > vbr mp3 audio file, you think it would be in sync when i use nandub? If not, time to buy a DTS player
bob0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2004, 18:12   #2798  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Quote:
Hmm, isn't autoGK using all kind of "3rd party tools"?
But i guess a DTS tool cant work with autogk.
Well, in this case the third party tool is WinDVD
There are no free DTS decoders available.

Quote:
You got any tips for me? how i maybe can encode this dvdr afterall?
Demux DTS as usual with DGIndex (the name of the file will contain audio delay that you have to put in VDubMod when you do the muxing later), convert it to MP3 as described probably in the FAQ section of audio forum (I just haven't done this in a while). Or if you have WinDVD installed then you can use regular GK to do that. Then convert the movie via AutoGK with no audio and custom size taking into accout audio you have already. Then mux everything manually.
Old 16th September 2004, 19:17   #2799  |  Link
CeeJay.dk

Quote:
Hello there,

To convert binary (sub/idx) subtitles to text (srt) subtitles you have to do OCR. As far as I know this needs human intervention, so it's not possible to automatize this step into the process.

That doesn't mean that you can't have srt subtitles. When I want text subtitles I open the sub/idx with SubRip, and OCR the subtitles. A quick review with the dictionary of a word processor and voilá!

Regards,
You're right .. I hadn't thought about that. Ofcourse it needs to run without human intervention for use with AutoGK.

I can't figure out how to use SubRip with sub/idx though .. I found that SubResync that comes with AutoGK does a fine job .. I also wonder if SubMux that also comes with it is able to insert the subtitles into the avi-container as a textstream.

BTW .. if you do sub/idx -> srt after AutoGK have made the sub/idx wont you loose a little moviequality because AutoGK will have reserved space on the CD for the subtitles .. space that is now wasted ? (because srt's are so tiny)
It might be better to choose no subtitles in AutoGK and have another tool make the subtitles .. Maybe have Subrip make them from the decrypted vob's.
CeeJay.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2004, 20:21   #2800  |  Link
ydobon
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I can't figure out how to use SubRip with sub/idx though [...]
Just click "open dir" and select the (un-rared) .sub file
Quote:
if you do sub/idx -> srt after AutoGK [...] space that is now wasted ? (because srt's are so tiny)[...]
True, for me it's not a big deal as I do the movies from 1/3 DVD-R to 2 GB. But as you say, you can AutoGK your movie without subtitles and extract the sub/idx pair yourself with VobSub, and then SubRip it (it is faster from the .sub than from the .vob files).

Regards,

Last edited by ydobon; 17th September 2004 at 11:45.