Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 23rd October 2007, 15:30   #21  |  Link
A Pal

Question and Suggestion for Blu-Ray Disc Ripper

Hi, SuperGoof,

Thank you for your program . Here are some questions and suggestions:

1. Where exactly is the Blu-Ray Region code stored and how is it structured (in comparison to the DVD Region code)?

2. Could you please add a "Preview" option (with full screen and audio playback) as "DVDShrink" has for DVDs? Like that, your program could also serve as THE FIRST FREE MULTI-REGION BLU-RAY PLAYER SOFTWARE . Of course, if it could also play and rip Region-DVDs, this would be great, too.

Many greetings,

A Pal
A Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 03:57   #22  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

yeah about that that seems like a lot of programing...

to bad there is no defined codec in the open source world to decode it just commercial...
Ajax_Undone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 17:27   #23  |  Link
Speediakal

rapidshare is the worst site to host on, could you please upload it to zshare.net
Speediakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 22:17   #24  |  Link
A Pal

SlySoft Media Player

Hello,

On the SlySoft Forum, one has suggested that SlySoft release its own media player. It could play Region-locked DVDs and Blu-Ray discs, be adjusted to the new protections in every new version, and make us independent from PowerDVD/WinDVD, the patches of which try to complicate the access to the media contents. Here is the thread:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9552

Please support this idea. If you are a registered Forum user, please post in the Forum, if not, send an e-mail to SlySoft to convince them.

Thank you and many greetings,

A Pal
Old 13th November 2007, 23:19   #25  |  Link
Peer van Heuen
SlySoft Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoof View Post
I knew for long time that in order to remove Blu-ray region code, AnyDVD only modifies MovieObject.bdmv file.
Yes, but that's only part of the story.
This will not suffice with certain discs, like Speed and several others
Old 13th November 2007, 23:55   #26  |  Link
Peer van Heuen
SlySoft Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pal View Post
On the SlySoft Forum, one has suggested that SlySoft release its own media player.
Well, that one has been talked about, wrapped up and stored away, forgotten, revived, dumped again, ...

The folks here who have been working with the internals of BD/HD know, what an incredible amount of work this would be.

We're not really keen on going there, so far we're happy with the way things are.

As many of you, we were waiting for more players to show up on the market. The competition would then force them to remember that these players should actually be designed for the customer, not for AACS LA. (Sidenote: this should actually be true for the studios as well, but I'm afraid, they have already gone over to the daaark side ).

But we all know, this is not really happening. Instead of things getting better, they are getting worse.

Cyberlink is playing "good doggy" to the AACS in fear of losing their license. Now they don't play HD content from HDD anymore at all. And I hear of quite a few refunds being demanded just because of this. Sad, I actually liked that player.

So with the options getting less, it is again time to unwrap the idea of creating a real alternative. Whether we do it or some open source crowd (MPlayer?). Neither of which are likely to get a license agreement with AACS

But who'd care? We'd have a plain HD player that does what's neccessary - only. And have AnyDVD HD remove the AACS bullshit.
And this combination would work the way we - in all our naivity - thought HD content was supposed to work.
Without these fuzzy, purposly misleading, oracular error messages telling me that some "critical update" might improve my kharma in some way instead of blatantly telling me, that I forgot to ask support to send me a newly arrived update that at last will allow me to play the disc I bought last month, simply because my 2 week old version doesn't know how to decrypt it.
Old 14th November 2007, 00:18   #27  |  Link
ron spencer
DVD Magistrate

yes who cares about license anyway.....hard drive playing has no ACSS anyway LOL.....make us a player team slysoft!!!!

If you make it...they will come.
ron spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 10:45   #28  |  Link
Gusar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer van Heuen View Post
So with the options getting less, it is again time to unwrap the idea of creating a real alternative. Whether we do it or some open source crowd (MPlayer?). Neither of which are likely to get a license agreement with AACS
An idea would be that either you create yourself or fund an opensource coder to create a libhdread library, which would do for hd-dvd and blu-ray what libdvdread does for dvds.

To clarify, right now it's possible to do 'mplayer dvd://1', where libdvdread will parse the necessary files on the disc to find out what is title 1 and then mplayer will play it back. With a libhdread library, you could do 'mplayer hddvd://1' or 'mplayer bluray://1'.

Being open source, even Media Player Classic could use this library. So you would have AnyDVD do the decrypting, libhdread would do the parsing, ffdshow would provide the decoders and MPC would be the player.

What do you think about this idea?
Gusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 21:14   #29  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer van Heuen View Post
Yes, but that's only part of the story.
This will not suffice with certain discs, like Speed and several others
Hi Peer,

Yes, I know. My program does not support at all the removal of region code if it is checked by BD-J script. (AnyDVD does, as far as I know, though I don't have a single such disc). Also, the algorithm was created and tested purely by doing experiments on 20 or so BDs I have. (As I don't not have access to BD spec.) So I will not be much surprised if it does not work with some "normal" ("bdmv") BDs as well (though I believe it should). That's why I put links to AnyDVD there.

Anyway, until someone finds MKBv4 key (or cracks AnyDVDs database of movie keys ), this program is useless for new titles.
SuperGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 21:39   #30  |  Link
Peer van Heuen
SlySoft Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoof View Post
Anyway, until someone finds MKBv4 key (or cracks AnyDVDs database of movie keys ), this program is useless for new titles.

yeah, it's gone terribly silent here. I'm a little worried, that doom9 members might have lost interest?
Old 14th November 2007, 21:44   #31  |  Link
Peer van Heuen
SlySoft Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusar View Post
An idea would be that either you create yourself or fund an opensource coder to create a libhdread library, which would do for hd-dvd and blu-ray what libdvdread does for dvds.

To clarify, right now it's possible to do 'mplayer dvd://1', where libdvdread will parse the necessary files on the disc to find out what is title 1 and then mplayer will play it back. With a libhdread library, you could do 'mplayer hddvd://1' or 'mplayer bluray://1'.
Well, I would very much prefer the real thing - a player that plays a HD disc including all features with menus and all.
Just playing a title is more a question of having the right codecs, that's something, mplayer will be able to do very soon anyway (it's even supposed to support VC-1 now, but I didn't manage to get that working yet, anyway it's being worked on).

EDIT: and having written that down, I realize, that we're hijacking this thread somewhat...
Old 15th November 2007, 13:18   #32  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

I'm a bit puzzled why people seem to think you can just license bits and pieces of a spec, e.g. BDAV & BDMV + BD-J without AACS. I suppose chances are better for HDi which doesn't seem to be married to HD DVD but I honestly wouldn't just consider it a given that any commercial entity could create a player that did just what the user wanted.

You might get away with not licensing anything for a freeware player - but keep in mind how long it took from the launch of DVD to freeware players... it took years. And both HD formats do have a lot more features so it will certainly be considerably harder to reverse engineer the navigation features and implement them if you don't have access to the specs (and as I said.. they're not freely available).
Old 19th November 2007, 12:01   #33  |  Link
zag2me

When it comes to features for a HD-DVD/Blueray disk player, All I want to do is play the movie

I always thought Powerdvd was slow and bloated.
zag2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2007, 20:40   #34  |  Link
A Pal

FREE BD/HD Player

Hello,

The KMPlayer people say:

"If there are free directshow filters for bd/hd playback, it can be used in any players based upon that structure just like dvd playback."

So what about developing such filters (with disc Region support, if possible)? Then SlySoft would not need to develop a completely new player, and we would have a FREE BD/HD player.

Many greetings,

A Pal
Old 13th January 2008, 01:46   #35  |  Link
mfuribondo

I ripped a Blu-Ray disk to my hd, now i can't open it in cyberlink ultra

I ripped a blu ray disk just fine using your software, but now i can not open the files in cyberlink. when i am trying to 'open a movie file from the hard disk ', cyberlink does not recognize the files as movie files and will not let me select any of the folders which were created during the ripping process. is there something else i need to do? also, is there a way to get these ripped movies to show up in windows media center?

Thanks!
Mike
mfuribondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2008, 04:05   #36  |  Link
sh0dan
Retired AviSynth Dev ;)

@mfuribondo: Welcome to the forum. Please do not double post. I've removed the thread with the similar content you made.
Old 13th January 2008, 12:29   #37  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuribondo View Post
I ripped a blu ray disk just fine using your software, but now i can not open the files in cyberlink. when i am trying to 'open a movie file from the hard disk ', cyberlink does not recognize the files as movie files and will not let me select any of the folders which were created during the ripping process. is there something else i need to do? also, is there a way to get these ripped movies to show up in windows media center?

Thanks!
Mike
Unfortunately, newer versions of PowerDVD Ultra do not support playback of Blu-ray movies from hard drive. These include versions 3319f and 3516 (current as of the time of writing). You have to use older versions if you want to play Blu-ray folders from hard drive: 3319a or 3104 will work just fine.

Another solution is to create an .iso image from your folders with Nero Burning ROM 7 or 8 (you have to explicitly select UDF 2.5 file system while doing so) and mount the image with software like "Virtual Clone Drive" or "Daemon Tools". This way PowerDVD Ultra ver. 3516 should work as soon as the disc does not have BD+. And yours probably doesn't.

Third method is to play .m2ts files with movies alone (without menus etc.). You can use various software to do so, including PowerDVD Ultra (even the latest one). The best way is to install "Haali Media Splitter" (which will allow you to choose audio tracks) and use any DirectShow-enabled Media Player, e.g "Windows Media Player" or "Media Player Classic". This method is useful only for discs with simple file structure, e.g. one continuous .m2ts file per movie. Otherwise you have to use some software to create such continuous file.

Last edited by SuperGoof; 13th January 2008 at 15:55.
Old 14th January 2008, 18:03   #38  |  Link
mfuribondo

If not Cyberlink, then who?

If Cyberlink Ultra will not open blu ray files from my hard drive, then which dvd playback program will?

Thanks!
mfuribondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 09:02   #39  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuribondo View Post
If Cyberlink Ultra will not open blu ray files from my hard drive, then which dvd playback program will?

Thanks!
Just use one of the older versions of PowerDVD Ultra: 3104, 3319 or 3319a. This is what most people do.

Latest "Nero ShowTIme" and "ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre" reportedly play from hard drive as well, but I didn't try them yet, so I cannot tell you how good they are. People reported various problems with these two programs.

Trial version of "ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre" can be downloaded using this link:
http://www.arcsoft.com/support/downl...downloadid=384

Last edited by SuperGoof; 16th January 2008 at 09:05.
Old 10th February 2008, 20:50   #40  |  Link
picman1

mux Ripper output for PS3 streaming

@supergoof

I like how your program uses anydvdhd to allow copying of Blu-rays to the harddrive but when I try to use some of the muxing tools to create a TS file of only the main movie none of them can read the *.m2ts files that get created out of ripper. I tried tsremux and tsmuxer and I get messages stating they cannot identify what kind of stream the *.m2ts files are.

I have used both programs succesfully in the past after using FABDVDHDdecryptor but that has since stopped working when I used a new Blu-ray disc, The Invisible.

I am running vista home premium.

Please anyone givem some ideas as to what mightbe wrong or if you need more information to get this resolved.

Thanks
picman1 is offline   Reply With Quote