Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th August 2007, 14:39   #1  |  Link
jacquezzz

Swift: Binary subtitle format to DVD

I'm trying to attach binary subtitles, generated by the subtitling application Swift, to a DVD.

Swift's manufacturer Softel sells a seperate inserter application for this purpose, but it is ridiculously expensive ($8000+, seriously!). And since Swift can already export to BMP's, together with an ASCII timecode file, I figured maybe I could work a way around.

I was thinking about writing a script to convert the timecode file to another, more compatible format, (like SST, and convert the BMP's using photoshop droplets if necessary?) so we could burn DVD's using free or at least affordable software.

I've attached some example output generated by Swift (the TC file carries a .CG extension).

Any advice on which subtitle format I should convert to, and perhaps a description of that format, would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!!
- Bram

(I work as a technician for a language university, we're on a tight budget, and Softel is too greedy.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Subtitles roddy Janssens en Saeys.zip (162.6 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by jacquezzz; 28th August 2007 at 10:33.
jacquezzz is offline   Reply With Quote