Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 23rd July 2006, 13:10   #21  |  Link
BergH
Simplifizissimus

Hello again !

No success , same strange behavior as described above.

Can you see anything from the Logfile attached ?
Attached Files
File Type: txt automkv.txt (10.5 KB, 415 views)
Old 23rd July 2006, 13:23   #22  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

here is the 0.10 http://www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV10.exe

now automkv window is no more hidden, and can be minimized, also a window will popup with the log of varius operation.

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
Old 23rd July 2006, 13:24   #23  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

@bergh

please post the log, otherwise a mod must be validate the attach

also ... try with latest version

BHH
Old 27th July 2006, 05:46   #24  |  Link
killerhex

can mkv be input thru .avs
Old 27th July 2006, 08:34   #25  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

for sure !

pay attention to vfr file. audio should be encoded separately.

thanks for your interest
BHH
Old 28th July 2006, 20:56   #26  |  Link
Henrikx

@buzzqw
Question :
Output Size < 1/4 CD . What to do ?
Is something like Custom Size (AutoGK) planned ?
THX for your Work !!!
Old 28th July 2006, 22:08   #27  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

just a note: if you write 200 (for example), overwriting "1 CD" you will got a 200MB final size. The same if you write 800 you will get a 800mb final size. The second number (usually "1") is the multiplier of slice.

let's say: 1 cd , 1 -> 1 cd as final output
2 cd , 2 -> 2 slice of 1400 mb
also 300 , 3 -> 3 slice of 300mb

do you understand ? (i hope so !)

BHH
Old 29th July 2006, 07:32   #28  |  Link
Henrikx

Yes I understand !!
THX
Old 2nd October 2006, 14:49   #29  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

A note for folks casually trying out this program - Make sure you download NeroAAC to the AutoMK\exe\BeSweet directory. Else, you will get an exasperating looping flickering command window without an error being indicated.

Last edited by DDogg; 2nd October 2006 at 14:51.
Old 2nd October 2006, 15:34   #30  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

thanks for the info

but is already diplayed in first topic (from 23/07)

BHH
Old 2nd October 2006, 16:55   #31  |  Link
DDogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw View Post
thanks for the info

but is already displayed in first topic (from 23/07)

BHH
Yes, but I wanted people to know what the result was.

[Changed - The error I am having now seems to NOT be anything to do with audio. Rather, it seems to be something caused by using the CQ-ASP_Q2_Eq(crf) profile.] More later.
/add2: Yep, when I choose CQ-ASP_Q2_Eq(crf) profile the process stops before (or during?) the creation of the resmovie.mp4 file. I can then change only the profile to CQ-ASP_Q2_equiv and press start again and it works. Or, at least the resmovie.mp4 is running as I type. What is this resmovie.mp4 file for? Seems to me the CQ mode needs nothing but the encoding pass anyway?

Later: Chose CQ-Q2 equiv space 1/3 dvd - Ended up with a 1.25 gig file with a resolution of 336X144! (scratching head)

I appreciate your work on this program. It did a great encode [when the default settings were used] and is easy and comfortable to use.

/add: a few comments -
1> Although a user error, it is easy to forget to change the output directory to the HD when the input is a virtual drive. No error is thrown, just a crash.
2> If I chose H (my Vdrive) in the uppermost right drop down, should it pick up the dvd structure automatically? If so, it is not working. After start is pressed, DGIndex comes up and hangs open like it is waiting for input.

Last edited by DDogg; 2nd October 2006 at 21:21.
Old 3rd October 2006, 07:56   #32  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

AutoMKV 0.11 UPDATE

Quote:
Rather, it seems to be something caused by using the CQ-ASP_Q2_Eq(crf) profile.
Quote:
Later: Chose CQ-Q2 equiv space 1/3 dvd - Ended up with a 1.25 gig file with a resolution of 336X144! (scratching head)
i can confirm that this 2 mode was totaly broken. (fixed in automkv 0.11)

Quote:
Seems to me the CQ mode needs nothing but the encoding pass anyway?
automkv will auto resize movie based on medium choosed. if you don't wat resize just choose NONE in Resizer ( added automkv 0.11)

Quote:
1> Although a user error, it is easy to forget to change the output directory to the HD when the input is a virtual drive. No error is thrown, just a crash.
not easy... but i have one idea... (checking for free space...)

Quote:
2> If I chose H (my Vdrive) in the uppermost right drop down, should it pick up the dvd structure automatically? If so, it is not working. After start is pressed, DGIndex comes up and hangs open like it is waiting for input.
usually you should input to one ifo, automkv would choose then the main movie.

thanks for your test !
Old 3rd October 2006, 22:05   #33  |  Link
DDogg

Just finished an encode using the CQ-ASP_Q2_Eq(crf) profile and it completed and looked good. Thanks!

That brought up several deeper questions. I hope you don't mind.

I noticed a fair speed difference between AutoMK and MeGUI while using the identical profile so took a look a little deeper as a learning exercise.

Btw, I noticed AutoMK was not picking up the matrix that was hardcoded into the profile and copied to AutoMk's profile
folder (so I added it, hopefully in the correct place). I took both command lines from AutoMK and MeGUI and slightly modified
them to both use the same exe, matrix, avs, and destination folders.

The AutoMK cmdline showed 21.30 fps after 3% and the MeGUI line showed 15.58 fps after 3% (not very scientific, I know).

For some reason, I had in my head that using a profile pretty much caused the cmdlines to be the same in any program.
Probably a poor assumption on my part, but this x264 stuff is all new to me. I wonder if someone more experienced can spot
the difference in the cmdlines that made the speed difference.

Here are the cmdlines -

AutoMK 21.30 fps
Code:
c:\apps\x264.exe --crf 18 --progress --keyint 250 --bframes 3 --qpmin 10 --qpmax 51 --no-psnr --mixed-refs --trellis 1 --ref 3 --filter
 -2,-1 --direct spatial --vbv-maxrate 25000 --me umh --weightb --b-pyramid --b-rdo --bime --analyse  p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8,p4x4 --8x8dct
 --threads 2 --cqmfile "C:\apps\extra\eqm_avc_hr.cfg" --output "D:\temp\auto2\movie.mp4" "D:\temp\auto2\movie.avs"

MeGUI 15.58 fps
Code:
c:\apps\x264.exe --crf 18 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-pyramid --b-rdo --bime --weightb --filter -2,-1 --subme 6 --trellis 1
 --analyse all  --8x8dct --vbv-maxrate 25000 --me umh --threads 2 --thread-input --cqmfile "C:\apps\extra\eqm_avc_hr.cfg" --progress
 --no-psnr --output "D:\temp\auto2\movie.mp4" "D:\temp\auto2\movie.avs"

Also, on another subject, you mentioned a "NONE" in size. I saw a blank, but no "NONE" so set it to 720.
Old 4th October 2006, 10:59   #34  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

new full istaller at first post (http://www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV015.rar)

Quote:
Just finished an encode using the CQ-ASP_Q2_Eq(crf) profile and it completed and looked good. Thanks!

Quote:
Btw, I noticed AutoMK was not picking up the matrix that was hardcoded into the profile
added possibility to choose matrix (0.15)

Quote:
For some reason, I had in my head that using a profile pretty much caused the cmdlines to be the same in any program.
this should be true !

differcence is "subme" . megui use subme 6 , but automkv use the default , 5

Quote:
Also, on another subject, you mentioned a "NONE" in size. I saw a blank, but no "NONE" so set it to 720.
NONE is in Resizer, with SimpleResize,Lanczos...
if you choose NONE , then NO reisize is applyed.
Example:
1) SimpleResize / 720: movie is autocropped then resized to 720
2) SimpleResize / Automatic: movie is autocropped and resized to for better diplay
3) NONE / 640 : movie isn't either autocropped or resized
4) NONE / Automatica: movie isn't either autocropped or resized, AND NO resized applyed

for your test

BHH
Old 4th October 2006, 20:36   #35  |  Link
DDogg

Problems in test (v15):
1> x264.exe does not like your -nf argument in 1P max speed.
2> Encoding worked before with my AutoMK dir in "Avi Out" - now borks on spaces. You left out the quote marks for the first of the cmdline.

Requests:
1> Possible to allow editing of the script before encode process starts? Just a save with the process paused so one can go to dir and play it to check if it is ok before continuing. The creation of the x264 test.bat would help also because a person could tinker with the script and run the testx264.bat to gauge speed, etc. When the person was finished, they would click a continue button on the AutoMK gui popup. This would save a world of time instead of starting over every time. That is frustrating.

2> A way to change the load plugin lines so I can use, for instance, RemoveGrainSSE3.dll? Presently renaming it, but that is kind of ugly. Perhaps replace your hardcoded loadplugin lines with an import of a separate plugin script which could be edited? I think that would work. [Yep, tested - importing Path:\plugin_scr.avs works fine as a substitute for your hardcode]

Later: I see the -nf thing was dealt with http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...442#post883442

Last edited by DDogg; 5th October 2006 at 03:53.
Old 5th October 2006, 12:23   #36  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

update www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV16.exe

Quote:
2> Encoding worked before with my AutoMK dir in "Avi Out" - now borks on spaces. You left out the quote marks for the first of the cmdline.
the bat are created for debug pourpose. AutoMKV launch x264.exe with parameters.... anyway now automkv will lauch those bat.

Requests:
Quote:
1> Possible to allow editing of the script before encode process starts?
DONE (0.16). just check "Pause before encoding", this check will pause encoding before autoresize routines and final encoding.

Also you can check it, adjust the autoresize bat, click on wait prompt, and if ok de-check "Pause..." and final encoding will not wait for start

Quote:
2> A way to change the load plugin lines so I can use, for instance, RemoveGrainSSE3.dll?
every plugin (*.dll) in \filter is automatically loaded.

thanks again

BHH
Old 5th October 2006, 16:54   #37  |  Link
DDogg

buzzqw, thanks for being so responsive. The pause feature will be very helpful. [V16 is broken I think, use V15]

The 2pass and CQ modes seem to be working ok, but 1Pass with auto is weird. Note the bitrate below. As well, the movie.avs generated a 112x48 resize! Suggest anybody trying this out should not choose 1Pass or automatic resizing for a while. CQ modes seem ok.

Code:
"C:\apps\AutoMK\exe\encoder\x264.exe"  --bitrate 241155 --progress --keyint 250 --bframes 0 --qpmin 10 
--qpmax 51 --no-psnr --ref 1 --filter 0,0 --subme 0 --direct auto --vbv-maxrate 25000 --me dia --merange 8 --nf --no-cabac 
--no-b-adapt --no-chroma-me --threads 2  --output "C:\temp\resmovie.mp4" "C:\temp\resmovie.avs"

/add: choose 720 instead of auto on 1pass max speed - got --bitrate 679175
/add2: V16 seems to be borked > "... --pass 1 --bitrate 1555215"

Last edited by DDogg; 5th October 2006 at 17:37.
Old 5th October 2006, 19:44   #38  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

i think problem is caused by using time.avs

i launch x264.exe, with some very quick parameter, and -nf is one of these, and encode time.avs (this parameter will be removed in next automvk build)

then a file "c:\frame.txt" is created and then read (for information about frame, width,height...)

i think i have update my the x264.exe build and not those within the "installer".

Please update your x264.exe in your \exe\encoder folder with latest one from Sharktooth, and report again. (i am not able, now, to replicate the problem)

Also i accept every suggestion and criticism

BHH
Old 5th October 2006, 19:50   #39  |  Link
agressiv
Registered Loser

Can you set a target bitrate rather than a target size? (e.g I dont want to use 1/3 DVD etc, I want to use the default setting in the HQ-Slow profile)

Thanks!

agressiv
Old 5th October 2006, 20:22   #40  |  Link
DDogg

Was using the very latest x264 build. I will revert back and try it with an older build if I can find it.

buzzqw, is this of any interest? http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...035#post884035

GOP threading:
+ Scales perfectly to decent-sized clusters.
- Requires application support / restricts API (seekable input, heavily buffered output.) Not usable for realtime streaming.
- Requires CQ or 2pass (no ABR).

I have a dual 930 running with Avisynth 2.6. No problems at all with anything.

I give up trying to understand what is happening here with all the bitrate based stuff. The CQ modes work fine and that is all I need. I will be happy to help test for you when you have a somewhat tested version you feel might be ok. When you do, please upgrade the whole package so I can make sure I am using what you tested with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agressiv View Post
Can you set a target bitrate rather than a target size? (e.g I dont want to use 1/3 DVD etc, I want to use the default setting in the HQ-Slow profile)

Thanks!

agressiv
Maybe I am not experienced enough to understand but isn't HQ-Slow profile a bitrate based 2 pass designed for a size target? If you just want a quality encode with no size target, try CQ-ASP_Q2_Eq(crf) profile. Did I misunderstand?

Last edited by DDogg; 5th October 2006 at 21:27.
Closed Thread