Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 28th September 2006, 12:07   #301  |  Link
Web Junkie

Just read about M$ wanting to sue you viodentia, I think M$ are panicking because they believe no one could possibly be more intelligent than them

I don't think DVD John stole the CSS source code to make his little piece of code did he? No, he used his brain, something M$ thinks no one else can do

M$ are known for their security breaches, so probably someone hacked them and stole some code again, so now they're conveniently blaming you

I think M$ don't like being told 'FU M$', lol!!
Old 28th September 2006, 12:37   #302  |  Link
garyhasbigfeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by vice101 View Post
anyone care to help me out ?? T-T
I don't think individualization is required anymore. If you still
want to do it try http://www.usethesearchbutton.com/in...e/my/drm/files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web Junkie View Post
Just read about M$ wanting to sue you viodentia, I think M$ are panicking because they believe no one could possibly be more intelligent than them

I don't think DVD John stole the CSS source code to make his little piece of code did he? No, he used his brain, something M$ thinks no one else can do

M$ are known for their security breaches, so probably someone hacked them and stole some code again, so now they're conveniently blaming you

I think M$ don't like being told 'FU M$', lol!!
Agreed. Here's a link to the article on Cnet.
http://news.com.com/Microsoft+sues+o...3-6119892.html

Bastard judges in the courts are so old and technophobic they'll probably not have a clue either.
Old 28th September 2006, 14:22   #303  |  Link
MINz

I'm having some trouble decrypting WMA files with FairUseWM 1.3. It gives me a warning that the file "requires a different private key."

The files play fine in WMP11, but I can't remove the DRM.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 28th September 2006, 14:35   #304  |  Link
protectyoursources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenitram View Post
Is it possible to have the source code of FairUse4WM?
Microsoft must have signed up to Doom 9
Old 28th September 2006, 16:36   #305  |  Link
viodentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINz View Post
I'm having some trouble decrypting WMA files with FairUseWM 1.3. It gives me a warning that the file "requires a different private key."

The files play fine in WMP11, but I can't remove the DRM.

What am I doing wrong?
If you get "requires a different private key", go back to the first page and re-extract keys. With v1.3, watch for the final message, it should say "Primary and # secondary keys (0 bogus)".

If it didn't recover the primary, you can reindividualize - this will put the primary as a secondary key (which are easier to recover).

If it reports bogus keys, there's a bug in v1.3. Let me know

If it doesn't recover any keys, then my parsing code wasn't flexible enough to handle this particular variety.
Old 28th September 2006, 17:34   #306  |  Link
MINz

Quote:
If you get "requires a different private key", go back to the first page and re-extract keys. With v1.3, watch for the final message, it should say "Primary and # secondary keys (0 bogus)".

If it didn't recover the primary, you can reindividualize - this will put the primary as a secondary key (which are easier to recover).

If it reports bogus keys, there's a bug in v1.3. Let me know

If it doesn't recover any keys, then my parsing code wasn't flexible enough to handle this particular variety.
I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly. Your code is solid!

Thanks for the great work!
Old 28th September 2006, 17:42   #307  |  Link
P0t

hm
when i start the program it says no keys loaded
i click in recover keys,click ok and then "Preparing to launch Media player" (indivbox.key has version 10.0.0.3930)
Clicking ok...the i select the protectet .wmv file and the i got this error "Unable to recover private key - No license available for specified file"
What is wrong here?
Old 28th September 2006, 17:46   #308  |  Link
pjay

Awesome work on FairUseWM 1.3 viodentia, but I have something weird going on that maybe the "bogus keys" your mentioning. Everytime I go to play these files I can get the licences and play it through wmp, but when I use FairUseWM on the files they always play with green screen and squares which shows me that it didn't decyrpt correctly. The keys seem to always be the same for these files. btw I did look at your single post answer for the "not licensed to you" problem and tried that, but I still get a green screen and squares, I'm assuming I'm not the only one with this problem. also by reindividualize do you mean going back to microsoft's page and individualize again, because I thought they had fixed the individization so FairUseWM couldn't work anymore

P.S. sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, or if I shouldn't of posted this at all, but I feel this was relevent to the bogus keys problem

Last edited by pjay; 28th September 2006 at 17:50. Reason: missed something
Old 28th September 2006, 18:08   #309  |  Link
Lord_KiRon

Wow !
Several 3-4 posts users in this thread just apeared, looks like investigation ios under way.

About posting the source codes now - it's a wrong move, will make M$ easier to patch.

About posting after "identified" - wrong move again since this will be probably violation of court order or something like it was with DVDDecriptor.

So my solution is the best - give sources to someone now, and if "catched" this "someone" will release them on net without your knowlege.
Old 28th September 2006, 18:24   #310  |  Link
dirtminer
Grouchy User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay View Post
Awesome work on FairUseWM 1.3 viodentia, but I have something weird going on that maybe the "bogus keys" your mentioning. Everytime I go to play these files I can get the licences and play it through wmp, but when I use FairUseWM on the files they always play with green screen and squares which shows me that it didn't
I had that problem - ez fix! Rename your "My Documents\blackbox-keys.txt" and get the keys again.
Old 28th September 2006, 18:35   #311  |  Link
pjay

heh if only it where that easy, I have done the rename/delete of blackbox-keys.txt for the past couple of weeks and still have the problem but thanks for the tip dirtminer. Should I go back to Microsoft's website and individualize again. Or will that break FairuseDRM usability for me.

Last edited by pjay; 28th September 2006 at 18:36. Reason: missed something
Old 28th September 2006, 18:39   #312  |  Link
rjamorim
Blah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_KiRon View Post
So my solution is the best - give sources to someone now, and if "catched" this "someone" will release them on net without your knowlege.
I agree, that is the best approach.
Old 28th September 2006, 19:00   #313  |  Link
pjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by usual_suspect View Post
This pops up as soon as it says testing 1282 possibilites for primary private key.
am I suppose to get something like this because so far FairUse4WM v1.3 seems the same to the previous versions in how it retreves the keys (unless as usual I'm missing something here).

Last edited by pjay; 28th September 2006 at 19:02. Reason: forgot to close the Quote correctly
Old 28th September 2006, 19:12   #314  |  Link
unskinnyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjamorim View Post
I agree, that is the best approach.
I can bet that it will also be construed as violation of whatever C&D pact he would have to sign if he was caught OR worse, there is nothing stopping the prosecuting party from accusing viodentia of leaking the sources after he was caught, even if just for the purpose of making their case stronger.

M$ might have already reverse engineered FairUse4WM to study its code (they did say that they have "examined" the tool). Why wouldn't they? Anti-Virus corporations do that all the time to crack virii and release patches. So it's not like FairUse4WM's code is dead secret or anything.

Best would be to GPL and release the code so that others can also contribute or pick up when/where viodentia leaves off. I hope he never have to leave though.
Old 28th September 2006, 19:36   #315  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

They analized it and... didnt provide any proof.
It's only their words vs Viodentia's words.
If they want to prove it they should release to the court their source code and prove it is part of the product sources that they claim Viodentia stolen, so an impartial expert (if both parties can afford his services, otherwise a public disclusure...) can analize it and compare it with the FairUse4WM sources.

Last edited by Sharktooth; 28th September 2006 at 19:44.
Old 28th September 2006, 23:21   #316  |  Link
P0t

about the "<path>.wmv does not appear to be licensed to you." msg...
I have the lincense.I can oben the file in wmp10 - it asks for the license.Then it says "License Installed - Please click on the Play Button below".Working...
I extractet the keys with fairuse4wm ..found 2 keys.

Extraction in progress on "Indivbox.key" 11.0.5497.6285 -- Please wait.
Phase 0 : Blocks: 1335 Large 6 Small, Errors: 0,0 Candidates: 6,3,2
AES KEY: 9e 47 24 a7 82 65 90 fb ef cf 14 4a 56 4c 38 f8
Testing 1794 possibilities for primary private key.
Completed. Primary and 1 secondary ECC key recovered (0 bogus).

Then i added the file tryed so many times to undrm but every time "does not appear to be licensed to you" blaaaaahhh

clicked it again and again.Then it works Oo
So why does it works only sometimes?bug?
Old 28th September 2006, 23:35   #317  |  Link
viodentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0t View Post
Then i added the file tryed so many times to undrm but every time "does not appear to be licensed to you" blaaaaahhh

clicked it again and again.Then it works Oo
So why does it works only sometimes?bug?
You are very likely running into a "one play" license. FairUse4WM only works if you have a license and doesn't have the ability (... yet ... ) to ask the servers for a new license.

The solution to this is let FairUse4WM use the license instead of Media Player - by acquiring but not playing the file.
- Set your media player to ALWAYS PROMPT before acquiring a license. You should have this as your common setting anyway, because it will save you from folks using the DRM URL to deliver IE Exploits.
- Open the file in Media Player and acquire the license, but DON'T click play
- While the dialog is open you should be able to use FairUse4WM on that file. You can also exit Media Player (Click close) and collect licenses for multiple files.

A future version of FairUse4WM will probably include code to request the licenses from the server -- especially if anyone happens to be handy with Wireshark and a debugger (The IBX encrypts part of the string with the server's public key - you'd need to "fix" that or otherwise extract the temporary key it creates).
Old 28th September 2006, 23:40   #318  |  Link
viodentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay View Post
A Everytime I go to play these files I can get the licences and play it through wmp, but when I use FairUseWM on the files they always play with green screen and squares which shows me that it didn't decyrpt correctly. The keys seem to always be the same for these files.
Version 1.3 shouldn't have this problem, but .. There's a few things you can do.
A future version of FairUse4WM will verify the content key better. It's likely that you are running into a case where a provider reuses the same KID multiple times -- but with a different content key each time! Try running this while prompting for a license, that may help get the "correct" content key.

If that doesn't help, plese send a PM with more details
Old 28th September 2006, 23:45   #319  |  Link
P0t

Damn thats it.thx very much viodentia
Old 29th September 2006, 02:29   #320  |  Link
mayang
Totally Newbies

Quote:
A Everytime I go to play these files I can get the licences and play it through wmp, but when I use FairUseWM on the files they always play with green screen and squares which shows me that it didn't decyrpt correctly. The keys seem to always be the same for these files.
You got green screen and squares for wmv files because the files has been converted with WRONG combination key pair or with another word, wrong SID information.

Some media files (wma/wmv) have a same KID and use a same SID. For example :

<KID>September Video</KID>
<SID>xxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyy</SID>

Above key pair valid for all media you download for september video.(just an example)

But maybe provider change/update the SID for another files that use the same KID, but with different SID as below

<KID>September Video</KID>
<SID>yyyyyyyyzzzzzzzzz</SID>

To solve the problem, try to recover key again and convert the file ALONE not multiple or batch.

Good Luck

Last edited by mayang; 29th September 2006 at 02:51.
Closed Thread