Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 10th August 2023, 21:25   #1  |  Link
Wilbert

megui.org domain

A few days ago my domain megui.org was moved to a different platform (DirectAdmin). The ftp accounts are gone, but i can add them again if needed. Is there someone who used a ftp account and needs it again?

There were a lot of applications on megui.org/auto/stable. Is this stuff still being used? Where is MeQUI taking his files from nowadays?

All the applications on megui.org/auto/stable are moved to megui.org/public_html/FTP/auto/stable

The hosting company said that the domain megui.org was not connected to the website megui.org. Is there any need for this?
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2023, 10:42   #2  |  Link
Zathor

I wrote you a PM
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2023, 03:30   #3  |  Link
Tiny Mud

I really wish you MeGUI Guru's get it together and put it on one Server.

I really like MeGUI as a Video encoder.

Screw ADOBE as if I haven't used it but I'll start with a Virtual Dub stripe video to basic then use a Video encoder like; MeGUI, TMPGEncVMW5 and about load DaVinci Resolve Studio !

RON

Last edited by Tiny Mud; 13th August 2023 at 03:36.
Tiny Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2023, 20:09   #4  |  Link
Tiny Mud

Been playing with DeVinci for last couple days - Seems it don't like RAW AVI/PCM ?

Seems to me I gotta learn more about editing MP4 before I make one !

Yet I started with with MS "mpg42.dill" back with Win 98 Gold Version.

Last edited by Tiny Mud; 15th August 2023 at 20:45.
Old 19th August 2023, 01:30   #5  |  Link
Tiny Mud

As far as I can see DaVinci is only a MP4 Editor so I recommend VirtualDub to capture RAW/PCM with the XVID codec, there was a MP4 Editor way Back when (Can't remember it's name). VirtualDub is a Great RAW AVI/PCM Large file Video Capture & Editor before you use MeGUI with further editing to make it MP4 or MKV then (if necessary) use a MP4 Video Editor. The thing is editing a Video file in AVI format before hand is the most accurate - MP4 Video Editors require a VERY STRONG PC and will never reproduce the quality of original capture. Whether your encoding Mpeg2/AC3 or variant videos of MP4.

Yes Adobe Primer will do it all under one program at a PRICE and it is NOT that FAST or as accurate !

I only do Video as a Hobby and not into Cooperate Production.

My present PC is an ASUS ROG X470 HERO CH7/5900X topping 4950mhz/4X8GB@3600 14C Patriot Vipers 4400/6800XT/ 2 Seagate 530 NMVe M2's - Love this machine and have a ROG X570 Dark HERO which I've have yet to fire up ;o)

I really like MeGUI - Keep it Up ;o)

Last edited by Tiny Mud; 19th August 2023 at 03:45.