Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 26th May 2007, 22:30   #101  |  Link
XeroFightsAlone

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Do you have the Nero HD-DVD/Blu-Ray registered?
I only have HD DVD playback capability with PowerDVD. Is there a way to dump the audio from that?
Old 27th May 2007, 14:28   #102  |  Link
Daodan
unrecognized user

When I use graph mehtod to create wavs (so not using eac3to) I create the chain (file source>nero splitter>nero audio), I can play the graph nicely, but when I try to use that graph as directshowsource in avs it sais no 8,16,24 bit.. output from grf. Tried to interpose some filters between nero and avs and still same error. Graphs with dd+ (using sonic) or anything else have no problem.
Anyone else getting this? Does it have to do with nero messing around so that it can't connect? Any ideas around this?
Thanks.

EDIT: eac3to 5.1 wav is fine, but I find it easier and safer using direct grf>avs>getchannel>wav>dts than messing with 5.1 wavs.
Old 27th May 2007, 18:01   #103  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroFightsAlone View Post
I only have HD DVD playback capability with PowerDVD. Is there a way to dump the audio from that?
Maybe it's possible, but I don't know how.

@Daodan, have you renamed the exe file you're using to "recode.exe"? If that doesn't help, I don't have any other ideas.
Old 28th May 2007, 05:29   #104  |  Link
Badness

Eac3to works great for me, but I was wondering is there a way to use a filter in the avs file to allow avisynth to read the eac3 file directly without changing it over to ac3 first.
Old 28th May 2007, 11:55   #105  |  Link
Daodan
unrecognized user

@Badness, eac3 (dd+ files) you can feed directly in avs using graphedit (build chain with correct filters (see the evob demultiplexer thread)), and open the grf as dss.

@madshi, yes, graphedit is renamed to recode.exe. Also another annoying thing is that I can't seems to use nero for vc1 decoding. I can connect all including the video decoder but not any renderer, or when I try to open the grf in avs, again the annoying error (this time requiring for a proper input colorspace).
I'm quite disappointed that you have to pay for a plugin that doesn't allow you almost anything (at least for encoding purposes), most probably because of the stupid limitation nero has put over their filter's usability in other applications.
Old 29th May 2007, 06:40   #106  |  Link
Badness

What if I dont want to use graphedit, is there a avisynth dll that I can load?
Old 30th May 2007, 01:19   #107  |  Link
HookedOnTV

Trying to go to ac3 and I get this:

E-AC3, 5.1 channels, 1:56:28, 640kbit/s, 48khz
Muxing eac3 file to raw. Please wait...
The NCBENUM return code is: 0x0
The NCBENUM return code is: 0x0
The file size of the raw file doesn't seem to fit.

What does it mean?
Old 30th May 2007, 05:56   #108  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedOnTV View Post
The file size of the raw file doesn't seem to fit.

What does it mean?
It means that the Sonic Audio Decoder's output did not meet the expectation. Probably it has only decoded two channels instead of 6 or something like that. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Sonic filters. Or play with the audio settings (control panel -> CinePlayer options).
Old 30th May 2007, 11:35   #109  |  Link
ideas_man69

i've noticed that sonic's audio decoder has some options:

audio output: 2.0, 5.1 etc - explains itself
environment: quiet, normal, noisy - this is the one that interests me.

this is to do with dynamic range yeah? which option do i chose so the original sound is untouched? i've been using normal but i have a feeling that quiet might be the one that doesn't modify the volume.
Old 30th May 2007, 14:47   #110  |  Link
infernix
the funk phenomena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borbus View Post
Am I doing this right? I'm changing the environment setting in the Cineplayer DVD Decoder Options in the Control Panel. It does throw up some weird error when I quite that but the setting seems to apply.
Can you try comparing the DRC levels when you set Sonic to SP/DIF? When I choose that, the DRC selection box turns grey, which seems to me that it completely disables DRC. In theory one would expect that with SP/DIF it'll just send the stream as-is.

It seems to work for me but I can't listen to the output right now (working remotely - it might be totally corrupted or silent), nor can I compare the DRC levels.
Old 30th May 2007, 18:00   #111  |  Link
HookedOnTV

Quote:
It means that the Sonic Audio Decoder's output did not meet the expectation. Probably it has only decoded two channels instead of 6 or something like that. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Sonic filters. Or play with the audio settings (control panel -> CinePlayer options).
Bingo! I thought I read something about the number of channels the decoder was configured for but couldn't find it.

Thanks.
Old 31st May 2007, 02:01   #112  |  Link
InorganicMatter

Hey guys, I'm trying to convert an audio track from Jet Li's Fearless, and I keep getting this:

"The file size of the raw file doesn't seem to fit."

Hmmm....I've got the full Nero 7.6.9.0 suite, what gives?
Old 31st May 2007, 08:24   #113  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by InorganicMatter View Post
Hey guys, I'm trying to convert an audio track from Jet Li's Fearless, and I keep getting this:

"The file size of the raw file doesn't seem to fit."

Hmmm....I've got the full Nero 7.6.9.0 suite, what gives?
Guys, if you have a problem with eac3to, please always post the full text eac3to text output.
Old 31st May 2007, 14:04   #114  |  Link
InorganicMatter

Quote:
Guys, if you have a problem with eac3to, please always post the full text eac3to text output.
Sorry, didn't think the rest important:

Can only be decoded by Nero's filters....
Muxing to raw...
File size doesn't match
Old 31st May 2007, 15:40   #115  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

That's still not the full text. You haven't posted whether eac3to reports this eac3 track to be mono, stereo or multichannel. It seems it's mono, right?
Old 31st May 2007, 17:17   #116  |  Link
InorganicMatter

Quote:
That's still not the full text. You haven't posted whether eac3to reports this eac3 track to be mono, stereo or multichannel. It seems it's mono, right?
Yeah, it's that mono sample posted earlier. I'm getting this error on anything I try to convert.
Old 31st May 2007, 18:38   #117  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Did you buy and register the Nero decoder correctly? Don't know why it doesn't work for you. The sample that was posted earlier works perfectly fine for me.
Old 31st May 2007, 19:42   #118  |  Link
InorganicMatter

Quote:
Did you buy and register the Nero decoder correctly? Don't know why it doesn't work for you. The sample that was posted earlier works perfectly fine for me.
Buy and register? I'm converting a demuxed EAC3 file, not an audio file in an EVOB. The readme says that to do that I need:

(1) "Sonic HD Demuxer", "Nero File Source / Splitter" or "DTS/DD+/AC3 source"
(2) "Sonic Audio Decoder 4.2" or "Nero Audio Decoder 2"
(3) "Dump" filter

The ones I bolded come with Nero 7 Ultra (which I have installed), and I installed the Dump filter correctly. I thought I only needed the HD/BD plugin if I was converting a track contained within an EVOB. Right? Or is the readme incorrect?
Old 31st May 2007, 23:08   #119  |  Link
ideas_man69

yeh for some reason - what ever i do, i can not get audio from nero's filters
Old 1st June 2007, 05:00   #120  |  Link
mikeyakame
lookin for my sanity

Location: it all depends on the day and which country comes to mind
cause you didnt buy the plugin and enter a legit serial, thats why the nero filters dont work. you can't just install it and cause the filters are there assume they work and there is a problem with them, this is false, the problem is and has been mentioned over n over that you must get a legit serial to activate the HD components of the plugins.
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to