Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th September 2009, 17:44   #141  |  Link
Didée

Did you look at posts #2 and #3 in this thread? There's a list of the needed plugins, and the required avs file to import.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 22:19   #142  |  Link
dansrfe

I couldn't find the list of plugins
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 23:17   #143  |  Link
canuckerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansrfe View Post
I couldn't find the list of plugins
Code:
# Prerequisites:
#
# - MVTools, preferably v1.4.13 (or newer)
# - MaskTools v2.0
# - EEDI2
# - RemoveGrain/Repair package
# - ReduceFlicker (if temp-NR for ME is used)
# - MedianBlur by tsp
canuckerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 01:01   #144  |  Link
Arshad07
Jeremy Duncan Fan

Getting some error here,

Script:

Quote:
LoadPlugin("D:\Encode\MaskTools.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\Encode\medianblur084\medianblur.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\Encode\ReduceFlicker\ReduceFlicker.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\Encode\ReduceFlicker\ReduceFlickerSSE2.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\Encode\ReduceFlicker\ReduceFlickerSSE3.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\Encode\EEDI2v092\EEDI2\EEDI2.dll")
Import("D:\Encode\plugins\plugins\MCBob.avsi")
LoadPlugin("D:\Encode\mvtools2.dll")
Import("D:\Encode\YLevels_mt.avsi")
DGDecode_mpeg2source("D:\x\C.d2v", cpu=4, info=3)
ColorMatrix(hints=true, interlaced=true, threads=0)
Load_Stdcall_Plugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\megui\tools\yadif\yadif.dll")
MCBob().SelectEven()
SRestore(frate=25)
crop( 2, 64, 0, -64)
Spline64Resize(640,352)
The rest of the plugins are all in the Avisynth folder.

Error:
Arshad07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 01:08   #145  |  Link
canuckerfan

^you sure you have MVTools 1.x loaded? I think MCBob needs the 1.x branch in order to work. you can find it here: http://avisynth.org.ru/mvtools/mvtools.html

ps: why are you calling selecteven() in between your bobber and srestore? srestore is supposed to be fed with a bobbed clip.
canuckerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 01:14   #146  |  Link
Arshad07
Jeremy Duncan Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckerfan View Post
^you sure you have MVTools 1.x loaded? I think MCBob needs the 1.x branch in order to work. you can find it here: http://avisynth.org.ru/mvtools/mvtools.html

ps: why are you calling selecteven() in between your bobber and srestore? srestore is supposed to be fed with a bobbed clip.
Cheers Matey! Works like a charm! I thought it requires 'latest' version of mvtools.
Arshad07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2009, 01:37   #147  |  Link
Revgen

I've modified Terranigma's mcbobmodpropper script and replaced NNEDI with EEDI3 and NNEDI2.

This script is super slow and eats up memory in no time. I'd recommend this only for testing until Tritical updates EEDI3 to be more efficient. Just a reminder, mcbobmodpropper and derivatives use mvtools 2.x.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xe15op
Attached Files
File Type: 7z MCBob_v03u4_MVT2.7z (16.6 KB, 355 views)

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.

Last edited by Revgen; 22nd November 2009 at 03:07.
Revgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:04   #148  |  Link
cy

I have here this pal dvd, which is interlaced and i figured i'd give MCBob (with default parameters) a try.
It's slow, but it's good. Very good.
There's some combing left here and there, but Vinverse (another great script) takes care of that real good.

As a 'cut and paste' avisynth scripter, i surely appreciate these great scripts.
Thanks Didée!

Last edited by cy; 22nd December 2009 at 11:25.
cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:40   #149  |  Link
Didée

> There's some combing left here and there,

Could you show an example of combing being left? Because, basically there should not be any combing left ever, since MCBo is already using Vinverse internally.

What sometimes may happen is that MCBob considers an area as being static (and thus just weaves the fields), when in fact it's not static. Though usually it's in areas with subpixel-motion, resulting in some aliasing, rather than combing.

You probably could improve with some parameter adjustments - MCBob's defaults might be a bit too generous at times. See here to get some ideas.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:55   #150  |  Link
cy

I've prepared a small package with a couple of screenshots @ x2 enlargement in AvsP (source, source.mcbob, source.mcbob.vinverse) and a sample of the source of the two scenes they were taken from.
Look closely at the piano teacher (the woman in white coat and white blouse).
Mind you, i'm not complaining or anything :-)
I'm sure some things can be tweaked in MCBob, but running Vinverse after it seemed an easy solution to me.
Download here.

Last edited by cy; 22nd December 2009 at 15:01. Reason: clarity
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:31   #151  |  Link
Didée

That source is progressive with phase shift. You don't want to use MCBob on that. Not at all. You want to use source.TFM() there. Better quality, less artifacts, and a billion times faster.

(edit - removed comment about source1 - both sources are of same type.)

Last edited by Didée; 22nd December 2009 at 19:43.
Old 22nd December 2009, 20:09   #152  |  Link
cy

I would have sworn it was interlaced.
What on earth is "progressive with phase shift"?
And what is the purpose of it?
Another weapon in the movie industries fight against quality?

Edit: And how do you tell the difference?
What do i look for?

Edit2: Just tried a TMF() and it doesn't look better to me.
On the contrary, there are many scenes that have residual combing, worse than i ever saw with MCBob on this source.
Some scenes look alright though, and maybe slightly better than the MCBob ones, but overal it's worse imo.

screenie here

Edit3: After some more pixel peeping...there's definately more combing left with TMF than with MCBob, most of the time.
There is however less aliasing in certain straight lines. I guess because there's no bobbing and eedi2 (or nnedi2) involved. Not sure what to think of this all though. The TMF thing is of course much faster.
Still haven't figured out what this phase shifting thing is. I do know however, it should be forbidden by law. As should interlacing.

Edit4: Am i correct in thinking the stream was progressive to begin with, then split up into fields and then weaved again, but 1 field "temporally" shifted. Like, frame 1= field1 and field3, frame2=field2 and field4...
Is this correct?
If so, then what is the purpose of it? To make our lives more miserable?

Last edited by cy; 22nd December 2009 at 23:07.
Old 22nd December 2009, 23:26   #153  |  Link
Didée

Harrr, seems I have to start with Adam and Eve? Yaba-daba-doooo .....

In a progressive frame, two fields do form the full frame.

Progressive / phase shift means that the two fields that belong to one progressive frame are not present in one frame, but in two different frames.

Progressive:

a b c d e
A B C D E

Progressive/phase shift:

a b c d e
B C D E F

On your samples, try

mpeg2source("source1.d2v")
doubleweave().selectodd()

All interlacing is gone, since this gets the two belonging-together fields from two frames, and puts them together in one frame.

This case is "hard" or "constant" phase shift. The usual case is "dynamic" phase shift, where the distribution of fields is changing over time. Sometimes they're shifted, sometimes they're not, sometimes they're shifted the other way round ... For these cases of dynamic phase shift, it is pretty unreasonable to put everything together manually. For this, filters like TFM or Telecide do the job, they search automatically for those fields that fit together.

After putting together the fields, residual combing still may be present. Par ex, your samples do so. The reason is (mostly) an encoding issue, due to the fact that the fields which belong together were not encoded together (i.e. progressive), but independently (i.e. interlaced). (In mpeg-2 world, interlaced encoding is always less effective and more erroneous than progressive encoding.)

Hence, try this on your samples:

mpeg2source("source1.d2v")
doubleweave().selectodd()
Vinverse()

In practice, you normally would swap doubleweave/selectodd with TFM or Telecide, in order to avoid checking the whole source manually for changes of the phase shift. I can't tell if you need to tweak parameters for TFM/Telecide, or if their defaults are sufficient and following them with Vinverse is enough. Just try and see.

Old 23rd December 2009, 00:08   #154  |  Link
cy

Alright..got it.
And thank you for your patience to explain things to me (and others) which i know are very basic to you.
For the average guy, this stuff is difficult you know.
It seems, all i ever do is try to fix my shoddy dvd's.
Old 6th January 2010, 13:41   #155  |  Link
SubOne

I read through this entire thread, and I am confused beyond all recognition. All I want to do is convert 60i footage to 60p. (Or maybe 120p). Which version should I download? I have a Core 2 Duo overclocked to 4 GHz and 4GB RAM. I have time on my hand, looking for the best possible quality, but it shouldn't take an hour for a second of footage or so.

So, yes, I would be grateful if someone could direct a relative newbies like us in the right direction. 60i to 60p, what do I download (which version) for the Plugin folder, and what is the final Avisynth script like (after AVISource)?

BTW, I have downloaded all the prerequisites in the "latest" mod, i.e. v03u4, so I believe I am set to download the right version/mod and a simple script.

Last edited by SubOne; 6th January 2010 at 13:46.
SubOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 19:34   #156  |  Link
thetoof
Sleepy overworked fellow

If you want quality and flicker-free output, check http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/TempGaussMC (newest versions near the end of the discussion thread)
thetoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 21:53   #157  |  Link
Revgen

^Some people don't want denoising. Even with Didee's noise-reduction recommendations, it still removes noise.

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.
Revgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 22:46   #158  |  Link
thetoof
Sleepy overworked fellow

Granted, but he only asked for quality bobbing and mentioned being a "relative newbie", which means he was most likely unaware of tgmc. Being the newest hq bobber, I felt it was worth posting about it.

SubOne - As for MCBob usage if you want to use it in the end, put all the requirements .dll in the plugins folder of avisynth (program files), as well as the .avs scripts renamed to .avsi for autoload and call it this way:

Code:
xxxsource
mcbob()
that's it
Old 7th January 2010, 06:11   #159  |  Link
SubOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoof View Post
Granted, but he only asked for quality bobbing and mentioned being a "relative newbie", which means he was most likely unaware of tgmc. Being the newest hq bobber, I felt it was worth posting about it.

SubOne - As for MCBob usage if you want to use it in the end, put all the requirements .dll in the plugins folder of avisynth (program files), as well as the .avs scripts renamed to .avsi for autoload and call it this way:

Code:
xxxsource
mcbob()
that's it
Thanks, that's what I did! I was wondering how to get 120p though. Or will Mflow on Mvtools on 60p do that better?

Will try TGMC, but am not looking for denoising of any sort.
SubOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 06:28   #160  |  Link
thetoof
Sleepy overworked fellow

sure TGMC denoises a bit, but it is not a denoiser; it's a high quality bobber - probably the most stable around, the price being losing some noise/grain.

Why do you need 120fps?? 60 is already quite fluid.

Read these 2 posts about bobbing vs framerate conversion http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...68#post1358568

It's in the same thread as tgmc btw.