Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17th May 2005, 20:50   #1  |  Link
Atamido
Seņor Member

Matroska Packs v1.1.0 released

Quote:
The matroska team released version 1.1.0 of their 'famous' playback packs for M$ DirectShow, allowing playback of MKV/MKA files on Windows using such players. It can be found at the usual place at http://packs.matroska.org/

Here a list of supported formats :
* DivX 3/4/5
* XviD
* WMV7/8
* H.264

but the pack also adds playback support for

* Vorbis using FFDShow (for Ogg Vorbis audio files, install also the Ogg Splitter from Tobias Waldvogel or illiminable, or use MPC's built in splitter )
* AAC and AAC+SBR (HE-AAC) audio, using FFDShow
* AC3 audio, using FFDShow
* FLAC lossless audio, using FFDShow
* Wavpack a great lossless audio codec supporting hybrid mode (with + without loss) ; installed are wavpack decoder and parser, for .wv files
* TTA another lossless audio codec
* Subtitles, using vsfilter (DVobSub)

The previous version, 1.0.3, was downloaded about 850,000 times, all together we had 1.3 Million downloads since the packs were started with version 1.0.1.

Changes to previous version :

- Haali's matroska splitter is now used, instead of Gabest's splitter, including
* integrated audio stream switcher ( mmswitch.ax has been removed )
* splitter for MP4 and extended AVI container ( to be activated in setup menu )
- CoreVorbis, CoreFLAC and CoreAAC have been removed, ffdshow now decodes these audio types

Have fun

Christian
matroska project admin
http://www.matroska.org/
Props to Kurtnoise13 for catching the announcement, but this really needs to be in it's own thread.
Atamido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2005, 23:33   #2  |  Link
lazyn00b

Sorry to be blunt, but the Haali Splitter *never* seems to work for me, including this latest version. Even though the Haali has the highest merit, and MPC's internal Matroska filter is unchecked, it never kicks in - I always get the "low merit" Matroska filter. I just tried Matroska with MPEG-2, XviD, x264 and Nero AVC, and none of them cause the Haali Splitter to show up in MPC. WMP won't play these files at all, of course. What am I doing wrong?
lazyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 04:29   #3  |  Link
Atamido
Seņor Member

Try rendering the file in GraphEdit and see what happens.
Old 18th May 2005, 08:27   #4  |  Link
AgentX

I also had some trouble.
After installing this version, my Matrasko-XviD-AAC files didn't used the ffdshow filter anylonger.
Y returned to the 1.1.0.beta, but it was the same.

Later, I entered the ffdshow configuration and realised that the XviD, DivX filter options were set to disabled.
Now, everything works fine again.
AgentX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 08:33   #5  |  Link
Shirokuu
god of broken compiles

On installing the 1.1.0 matroska pack the installer hung on the dialogbox asking for either Realalternative or Realplayer to be installed. Realplayer was ticked by default, but the back/close/cancel buttons were greyed out. Selecting another tickbox or selecting no tickbox at all didn't activate the buttons to become selectable. Hitting the 'x' or close window button on the dialogbox didn't work either. Only the Windows taskmanager could end the installation.
Shirokuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 13:50   #6  |  Link
lazyn00b

Quote:
Originally posted by Pamel
Try rendering the file in GraphEdit and see what happens.
OK, I created a short XviD video with default settings, muxed it into MKV with MKVmerge, and tried to drag it onto Graphedit: Graphedit says it "Could not contsruct a graph... The specified module could not be found." However, if I insert the Haali splitter manually and open the MKV file with it, then it lets me connect FFDShow and a VMR output filter, and I can press play and render the file. Strange! I wonder why Graphedit can't open the Haali splitter by itself?
Old 18th May 2005, 17:39   #7  |  Link
iapir

Probably because the filter was not registered correctly. Try to register it manually (unregister it first, if it was registered).
iapir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2005, 03:54   #8  |  Link
lazyn00b

Quote:
Originally posted by iapir
Probably because the filter was not registered correctly. Try to register it manually (unregister it first, if it was registered).
OK, I manually unregistered and re-registered splitter.ax with regsvr32 - still it doesn't work. I am running Windows XP MCE 2005 with all updates on an Athlon 64 2800+; I also have latest Nero and iTunes/Quicktime installed. Codecs installed include Nvidia DVD, Xvid, x264, and FFDshow (from the Matroska Pack). I have already tried raising the merit on the Haali splitter to "MERIT_PREFERRED +255" - no luck. Are there any filters or other software known to conflict with the Haali splitter?
Old 19th May 2005, 07:02   #9  |  Link
Elic

Quote:
Originally posted by lazyn00b
I wonder why Graphedit can't open the Haali splitter by itself? [...]
Are there any filters or other software known to conflict with the Haali splitter?
Graphedit can build entire chain only if all filters work correctly; oherwise in simply refuses with "Could not contsruct a graph" message. Maybe conflict caused by other filter, not Haali. In graphedit, try to open .mkv with Haali splitter manually, and then, instead of connect other filters manually, try this algoritm:
Code:
do {
  right-click on output pins and select "Render pin";
  if ( graph is complete ) {
     defective filter is found;
     break;
  }
  insert one next filter manually;
} while (true); :)
Old 19th May 2005, 08:11   #10  |  Link
lazyn00b

Elic, so I tried this, and what happens is that when I right click on the manually inserted Haali filter and render the pin, all the other filters fall into place (FFDshow and VMR in this case) - so the problem must be with the Haali filter, right?
Old 19th May 2005, 08:21   #11  |  Link
iapir

Yes, looks like. Very weird problem you have. I hope Haali can solve that.
Old 19th May 2005, 16:53   #12  |  Link
Atamido
Seņor Member

It is most likely another filter conflicting with Haali's filter. See if you have any copies of the old splitter, re-register it, then unregister it. Then go back and unregister/register Haali's splitter.
Old 20th May 2005, 06:15   #13  |  Link
lazyn00b

Quote:
Originally posted by Pamel
It is most likely another filter conflicting with Haali's filter. See if you have any copies of the old splitter, re-register it, then unregister it. Then go back and unregister/register Haali's splitter.
Thanks Pamel, this fixed it. There were still entries for the old MatroskaSplitter from pack 1.0.3 in the registry, even though it had already been uninstalled from the system. Uninstalling 1.1.0, reinstalling 1.0.3, manually uninstalling 1.0.3 and finally reinstalling 1.1.0 fixed it. Haali splitter now shows up like it should.
Old 20th May 2005, 20:18   #14  |  Link
Atamido
Seņor Member

Perhaps a pack update should be released to address this possible issue?
Old 20th May 2005, 21:37   #15  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

wouldn't be better the setup unregister and then delete dshow filters (al last those choices to install) before going to install ?

BHH
buzzqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 14:14   #16  |  Link
iapir

This problem has been fixed in the new 1.1.1 pack !
Old 29th May 2005, 11:03   #17  |  Link
jp80

hi guys,

Just wanted to tell you I got a bug with mk pack installer: As it found I didn't have real alternative to play real files with mpc, it asked me to download it, and when I accepted, I got stuck at the scren below with no option to go on...
Attached Images

jp80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2005, 13:54   #18  |  Link
Shirokuu
god of broken compiles

JP80, I already posted about the same bug in the installer in this thread. The only workaround I found was installing RealAlternative / RealPlayer prior to installing the Matroska pack.
Shirokuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2005, 10:24   #19  |  Link
jp80

I got some new pblms:

When I load in mpc a mkv file with video in AVC, the sound plays right, but the picture stays gray... And I can't select any chapter that I already added into the mkv file, though I could choose one before I installed the pack.
jp80 is offline   Reply With Quote