Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th January 2008, 22:53   #1  |  Link
tha_reaper

HC encoded Multi Angle

hi,

I have a strange situation here. I have a DVD9 with multiangle options in the openingsscene of the DVD. I can play the original DVD just fine.
I ripped the DVD, and burned it to a dual layer disk. Everything was fine when i played it on my DVD player. Now i edited the DVD with DVDremake, but i still had to encode it to squeeze it on a DVD5. I tried to shrink it with DVDshrink, just to see how my butchered DVDremake disk would work out. I burned it on a DVD-RW and put it in my DVDplayer, and guess what? it was fine.

Now I did a rebuild with HC (latest version) to get the edge in quality over a shrink version. When it was finished, i first burned it to the same DVD-RW and tested it o my DVDplayer.
I noticed that the opening scene was choppy. It repeated itself every second, and after 10 seconds, the video had barely progressed 1 second.
I thougth it would be the fault of a bad DVD-RW since the rest of the disk was OK, and burned it to DVD-R. Same problem here, while the shrink version was fine.

Disk 2 and 3 of this anine didnt need to be reencoded to fit on a DVD5, and the multiangled openings scene was fine there. Disk 4 however needed to be reencoded, and again the shrink version was fine, while the HC reencoded version was choppy in the Multiangle parts.

I have 4 different DVDplayers, and on 2 of the 4 the Multiangle parts were choppy. The other 2 played the parts fine.

Is there something that HC does with MA parts that makes it very hard to read for standalone DVDplayers? is there some way how i can avoid this? I havent tested CCE or procoder, do they have the same problems that anyone knows of?

I hope my rambling story was clear enough, and that someone can give me a solution.

thanks,
tha_reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 00:33   #2  |  Link
setarip_old

Hi!

Sounds like (If I remember correctly) you, somehow, inadvertently removed the VOB PUOs that prevent the playing of all angles (rather than just one angle)...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote