Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 14th August 2011, 23:31   #1021  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

It of course only works if the splitter provides a proper sequence header. The 422 mpeg2 ts I tested worked just fine with lav splitter.
Old 14th August 2011, 23:51   #1022  |  Link
CruNcher

Yep works now perfect

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 01:04   #1023  |  Link
mkanet

Why will LAV CUVID Decoder not connect to any video renderers?

Hi, I would love to be able to use this video decoder with my Nvidia card 8500GT. I currently use CoreAVC 2.5.5 for H.264 CUDA decoding (Verifying full Cuda compatibility).

I am currently trying to use LAV CUVID in graphedit to playback a VC1 m2ts file. Is there a reason why I HAVE to manually set "VC1" in the decoder's prop page in order to connect it to LAV splitter?

The filter graph is almost finished when I manually connect the respective filters, however, I cant get the LAV CUVID pinout to connect to ANY video renderer. I can't right-click and select render pin either. I get the error: "Sorry, the Filter Graph cannot render this pin.".

Is there something I need to do prior to regsvr32 installing the CUVID Decoder? I didnt use the Windows 32bit installer to install CUVID. I only extracted the zip file I downloaded in to a folder and double-click the install.bat file to register the filter. I'm pretty sure I must be missing something very basic.

Thanks!
mkanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 02:51   #1024  |  Link
mindbomb

what nvidia drivers are you using?
mindbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 03:23   #1025  |  Link
mkanet

I have the current WHQL driver on Nvidia's website. Driver versions don't make any difference for me in the last several months; at least for CoreAVC (with full CUDA support).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbomb View Post
what nvidia drivers are you using?
Old 15th August 2011, 04:06   #1026  |  Link
ranpha

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that your 8500GT GPU doesn't support VC-1 decoding.
ranpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 05:14   #1027  |  Link
mkanet

Same thing with H.264.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranpha View Post
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that your 8500GT GPU doesn't support VC-1 decoding.
Old 15th August 2011, 08:49   #1028  |  Link
Superb

Then you didn't install it correctly. Did you run the install.bat as an administrator? Did you keep the .ax file in the same folder after you've installed it?
Simply use the installer provided in the first post of this thread.
8500GT doesn't do VC-1 CUDA decoding, but H.264 should work.
Superb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 08:50   #1029  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

You should actually get partial acceleration of VC-1 with the 8500GT.

The only thing you need for LAV CUVID to function is the proper hardware, and a renderer that accepts NV12 or YV12. (I believe Haalis renderer does not, but all default Windows renderers do)

Last edited by nevcairiel; 15th August 2011 at 08:58.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 09:00   #1030  |  Link
Superb

Partial acceleration? w/ LAV CUVID? What does the rest of the decoding? Does CUDA use CPU for the rest? Does the filter itself?
Superb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 09:28   #1031  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

The NVIDIA decoder does the required parts on the CPU then, offloading IDCT and MC to the GPU.
Old 15th August 2011, 12:45   #1032  |  Link
mkanet

I dont do anything differently for this decoder than I do with other filters I install. The .ax file never changed folders from original time I regsvr32'ed it. Used administrator account (if I didn't, I dont think the filter would install or show up in graphedit.

I have no problems doing partial VC1 hardware decoding using other decoders such as WMVideo Decoder DMO and MPC HC Video. The same problem happens when trying to decode H.264. No video renderers want to connect to it.

I have a small clue possibly. I noticed that the settings in the filter prop page dont stay. If I click on various settings such as H.264, VC-1, etc, the next time I open the prop page, the settings are not there.

What could cause the filter not to retain it's settings? Is the filter sensitive to which folder location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superb View Post
Then you didn't install it correctly. Did you run the install.bat as an administrator? Did you keep the .ax file in the same folder after you've installed it?
Simply use the installer provided in the first post of this thread.
8500GT doesn't do VC-1 CUDA decoding, but H.264 should work.
Old 15th August 2011, 19:33   #1033  |  Link
Gleb Egorych

nevcairiel, do you have any plans to implement forced deinterlacing for bad flagged material? There was some discussion about that a few months ago, I wonder if it's in your TODO list.
Gleb Egorych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 19:35   #1034  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Interlacing isnt "flagged", a frame either is progressive, or its interlaced. There is a clear difference in coding the image, you cannot mess that up in a bad encode.
Old 15th August 2011, 20:02   #1035  |  Link
e-t172

I frequently stumble upon files which seem to have been encoded after a "weave" filter… I know, it's disgusting, but it would be useful to have an option to do something about it.
e-t172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 20:38   #1036  |  Link
Gleb Egorych

nevcairiel, I meaned interlaced material with wrong field order flag. Such streams appear rather often over DVB.
Gleb Egorych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 20:40   #1037  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleb Egorych View Post
nevcairiel, I meaned interlaced material with wrong field order flag. Such streams appear rather often over DVB.
You can already configure the field order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-t172 View Post
I frequently stumble upon files which seem to have been encoded after a "weave" filter… I know, it's disgusting, but it would be useful to have an option to do something about it.
You wouldn't happen to have a sample of that at hand, so i can see if i can force it to deinterlace progressive material?

Last edited by nevcairiel; 15th August 2011 at 20:48.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 01:31   #1038  |  Link
jazzysmooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I dont do anything differently for this decoder than I do with other filters I install. The .ax file never changed folders from original time I regsvr32'ed it. Used administrator account (if I didn't, I dont think the filter would install or show up in graphedit.

I have no problems doing partial VC1 hardware decoding using other decoders such as WMVideo Decoder DMO and MPC HC Video. The same problem happens when trying to decode H.264. No video renderers want to connect to it.

I have a small clue possibly. I noticed that the settings in the filter prop page dont stay. If I click on various settings such as H.264, VC-1, etc, the next time I open the prop page, the settings are not there.

What could cause the filter not to retain it's settings? Is the filter sensitive to which folder location?
My only suggestion is to review my posts #589 (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...77#post1501577) and #595 (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...47#post1501847) - it was Nvidia driver related in my case. I have since went and purchased a GT430 and no problems since.

Last edited by jazzysmooth; 16th August 2011 at 01:33.
jazzysmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 03:41   #1039  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

As much as I wasn't lucky w/ your splitter on XPSP3, this decoder looks pretty darn amazing on my 96SP 8800GS

Why accepting the "XVID" FourCC and not "DX50/XviD/xvid"? Couldn't it also do DivX3 and so? I can't get it to decode any MPEG-4 so far tbh...not even "XVID".

And I thought VC1 was just a WMV9 profile? No chance of decoding WMV1/3/9 using backward compatibility? Anyway, seeking in VC-1 ended up in pixelated garbage when using the built-in ffdshow decoder, now it's flawless

Also, I had to make it output YV12 otherwise everything looked blue in NV12 when post-processing in ffdshow(using the 275.33 drivers):

same problem for h264 and vc1...I haven't tried w/o ffdshow, though.

Last edited by leeperry; 16th August 2011 at 04:01.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 07:34   #1040  |  Link
betaking
Fantasy Codecs writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
As much as I wasn't lucky w/ your splitter on XPSP3, this decoder looks pretty darn amazing on my 96SP 8800GS

Why accepting the "XVID" FourCC and not "DX50/XviD/xvid"? Couldn't it also do DivX3 and so? I can't get it to decode any MPEG-4 so far tbh...not even "XVID".

And I thought VC1 was just a WMV9 profile? No chance of decoding WMV1/3/9 using backward compatibility? Anyway, seeking in VC-1 ended up in pixelated garbage when using the built-in ffdshow decoder, now it's flawless

Also, I had to make it output YV12 otherwise everything looked blue in NV12 when post-processing in ffdshow(using the 275.33 drivers):

same problem for h264 and vc1...I haven't tried w/o ffdshow, though.

GeForce 8800 GS, 8800 GT, 8800 GTS (512 MB/1 GB)

G92

VP2

A

October 2007
Feature Set A
Complete acceleration for H.264
Partial acceleration for MPEG-1, MPEG-2, VC-1/WMV9
betaking is offline   Reply With Quote