Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 28th September 2007, 19:11   #1081  |  Link
MOmonster

tritical you are great!

Thanks so much for adding these features so fast. IŽll try out as soon as possible.

for all your expertise.
MOmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 04:11   #1082  |  Link
zdark

thanks for your job tritical!!!
zdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 06:21   #1083  |  Link
tritical

[link removed], changes:
Code:
- fixed CFrameDiff returning invalid positions when rpos=true and there
     was no motion
- added elim parameter to RequestLinear
Thanks to MOmonster for the CFrameDiff bug report and RequestLinear idea.

Last edited by tritical; 17th January 2008 at 08:25.
tritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 11:22   #1084  |  Link
kilik

hello, i have a source with 5 frame interlaced and 1 frame progressive, is NTSC source, music dvd. I thing is called combed?

In dgindex i got NTSC Interlaced.

How to filter this source? only Tivtc or tivtc + tdeint?

Thank in advance.. bye
kilik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 12:15   #1085  |  Link
manono

Neither. You use some sort of an unblender most likely, RePAL or some such. It's hard to be positive without a sample, though.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2007, 17:10   #1086  |  Link
Vesi

Need help for using TFM with tdeint.

I analyse my source with megui's analyse and show it film partially and suggest this.

DGDecode_mpeg2source("C:\...)
ColorMatrix(hints=true,interlaced=true)
tfm(order=1).tdecimate(hybrid=1)
crop( 2, 48, -2, -50).

Most of my source are 29 fbps and i want to bring them to 23.976 fbps.

as i am new to this filter, i want to know how to get good quality for my outputs.

Last edited by Vesi; 9th December 2007 at 17:14.
Old 9th December 2007, 21:49   #1087  |  Link
manono

Indian DVD? Got a small sample you can upload somewhere so we can have a look? I'd trust the MeGUI analysis about as far as I can throw it.
Old 9th December 2007, 22:27   #1088  |  Link
Vesi

sample http://maxupload.com/7670C9B1
Old 9th December 2007, 23:29   #1089  |  Link
manono

Hi-

The next time you upload a sample, please try and have more movement. There's not much that can be learned from a sample where 2 people are sitting and talking. Anyway, you asked via PM for a full tutorial, something I have no intention of doing. By keeping it public, others can learn as well, and others who know more about the subject than I can also add to the discussion.

It's from an Indian DVD, as I suspected. However, this one is just hard telecined, and based solely on the sample, a simple:

TFM()
TDecimate()

will work fine. The reason I said I wouldn't trust MeGUI's analysis (or any automatic analysis), especially for NTSC Indian DVDs, was because over 90% of the classic film DVDs and probably over half of modern film DVDs are field blended, and no analysis is going to pick up on that. In such cases you use the RePAL filter, Restore24, MRestore, CDeblend, or some other unblender.

One way to determine what you have is to separate the fields (SeparateFields()), or put on a bobber (Bob()), and examine the fields carefully. In this case, after seeing that DGIndex confirmed it to be NTSC and Interlaced, and making the D2V with Honor Pulldown Flags, followed by bobbing it, I saw there were 2 fields the same followed by 3 fields the same, a sure indication of an already telecined source. For field blended sources, after separating the fields or bobbing the source, an examination of the fields will show a good percentage of them being blended, or ghosted, or having double images. In such cases an IVTC such as TIVTC won't work well, and I prefer to use rePAL. But sometimes they're even worse, being field blended 23.976->29.97fps, or even double blended, and those are especially difficult to work with.

To learn more I would suggest reading at the AviSynth site, reading the documentation included with TIVTC, reading the documentation included in the DGMPGDec package, and reading the DVD2AVI tutorial, outdated as it is:

http://www.doom9.org/ivtc-tut.htm
Old 10th December 2007, 03:19   #1090  |  Link
Vesi

Thanks alot manono for your replay.

I will do more reading on this subject as you suggest me. and will upload a sample with more details next time.

o.Since i am dealing with xvid and new to riping dvd to xvid, what is the good way or which way you recommend to analysis my source and chose the right deinterlacing type?
Old 10th December 2007, 04:33   #1091  |  Link
manono

In the case of your movie, the MeGUI analysis worked fine. There may be some real interlaced stuff elsewhere - studio logo, maybe - which might be why it called it hybrid, but mostly film.

The only good analysis is done with your eyes, in my opinion, again, especially true where Indian DVDs are concerned. And the knowledge of how to interpret what you see can only come with experience. Make a basic Avisynth script, separate the fields, and open it in VDub(Mod). Then scroll to a place with movement and start advancing a frame at a time. Since this is the TIVTC and TDeint thread, one or the other can handle most types of video, but not blended fields since I don't consider just deinterlacing a field blended video an option.

I have maybe 250 Indian DVDs, and more than 200 of them have blended fields. I prefer the classics, but the situation is only marginally better with DVDs of newer films. As long as you remember that the DVDs produced by the Indian DVD production companies are the worst in the world, that whatever can go wrong will go wrong, and that working with them requires a great deal of knowledge and experience, then you'll be better prepared for what you're going to encounter.
Old 10th December 2007, 13:49   #1092  |  Link
Vesi

Edit:
I made this simple script with out any deinterlacing line. And put the (SeparateFields()) line at the end of script and load it in VDM, now I see the image change to half size. Nothing else

DGDecode_mpeg2source("C:\Documents and Settings\vesi\Desktop\Test\Test.d2v",cpu=4)
crop( 2, 62, -2, -62)

Spline36Resize(640,272)
(SeparateFields())

I just download the DGMPGDec package and reading the documents on it, i am trying to understand what each things means, a bit hard for me since i have never done such thing before.I am some how lost in this, and trying to learn it
manono told me to do that, but it is hard for me to get him what he relay meant.

Last edited by Vesi; 11th December 2007 at 01:55.
Old 10th December 2007, 15:17   #1093  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesi View Post
how i separate the fields? should i remove the SeparateFields line when my script is ready for rip?
You need to understand what manono has already told you: you use SeparateFields in Vdub in order to step-thru your video field-by-field to see what you have, and thus what you need to do.

As he has said already too, especially the DGMPGDec package contains excellent information/guides for examining video.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 01:44   #1094  |  Link
tyee

Can I use TDeint on HD-DVD to ivtc a movie?

I'm backing up to divx and H.264 but I get jerkyness every couple of seconds when I set my encoder to 23.976 output. AFAIK all HD-DVDs are flagged for 29.97fps but are 23.976fps on the disk.

Am I heading in the right direction to solve this?
tyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 03:58   #1095  |  Link
Chainmax
Huh?

While preparing a filterchain for ripping Robot Chicken based on advice MOmonster gave me a long time ago, I came across a section that has issues with modes 3 and 5 in TFM. Here's the current filterchain:

Code:
Mpeg2source("C:\Robot Chicken\Eps\RC_S1E1.d2v")

Interp = nnedi()
Deint = TDeint(type=1,cthresh=8,mi=66,edeint=Interp,emask=TMM())
TFM(mode=6,PP=7,slow=2,ubsco=false,cthresh=8,mi=66,clip2=deint)
Here's the problem (source) frame:

Here's mode = 3:

Here's mode = 5:

All the other modes handle this frame perfectly. [link removed] a short clip with the frame in question.

Last edited by Chainmax; 12th January 2008 at 01:58.
Chainmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 06:37   #1096  |  Link
tedkunich
Potentate

@tritical

Is there any special trick/dlls needed for the output feature of TFM to actually generate an output file? Playing the script in Vdub, a file is created, but it is blank/empty. I am using TFM v1.0.3

Code:
AVISource("C:\test.avi")
AssumeBFF()
converttoYUY2(interlaced=false)
tfm(,output="C:\tfm.txt")
tedkunich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 08:22   #1097  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

1) From my experience with clip comparing functions and plugins, which are able to output files, they held the output file exclusively open until you close the script or the application. So, for example: Loading a script in VirtualDub, and running it once, gives you an open file, which gets finalised only when you close the script or exit VirtualDub.

2) It may not harm, but the comma before "output" is strange. Possibly unnecessary.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 08:22   #1098  |  Link
tritical

TFM creates the file in the constructor, but it doesn't write anything to the output file until the destructor is run so either go to "file->close video file" after you've requested all the frames or just quit vdub and it will write everything to the file.

LigH beat me to it.

@Chainmax
I tried to download the clip, but the download link on the page you linked to wont work for me.

Last edited by tritical; 10th January 2008 at 08:25.
tritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 15:54   #1099  |  Link
tedkunich
Potentate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
1) From my experience with clip comparing functions and plugins, which are able to output files, they held the output file exclusively open until you close the script or the application. So, for example: Loading a script in VirtualDub, and running it once, gives you an open file, which gets finalised only when you close the script or exit VirtualDub.

2) It may not harm, but the comma before "output" is strange. Possibly unnecessary.
Thanks, that was the problem.
tedkunich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2008, 02:00   #1100  |  Link
Chainmax
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritical View Post
@Chainmax
I tried to download the clip, but the download link on the page you linked to wont work for me.
It doesn't for me either. Please try this link instead.

Tags
tdeint, tivtc