Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 30th August 2005, 03:59   #1  |  Link
meater

.m2v problem

Hi,

I've DVDDecrypter the DVD songs to .m2v and VOB(vocal and music audio tracks), I try to reduce the .m2v to a smaller size by using TMPGEnc MPEG Editor to decrease the video quality, I found something interesting that a 5 min .m2v in real player became 31 min in TMPGEnc MPEG Editor, and when I finished the video quality decreasing, the .m2v file size became larger that it was. Can any one show me how to reduce the .m2v file size correctly, and can combine the new .m2v and audio .vob back to the complete song (vob or mpg) with reduced video quality, thanks for the help
meater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2005, 05:33   #2  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Welcome to the forum!

Is there a reason why you had to demux instead of ripping your whole DVD in File Mode?
Old 30th August 2005, 10:26   #3  |  Link
meater

Hi 2COOL, thanks for the reply.

why I had to demux instead of ripping the whole DVD in File Mode, is just because I'm try to collect my favorite songs from different Kararoke DVD. Then I can write a AP to play these songs just like a KTV system and without change the DVDs. The porblem is that I feel the video file is too large and may waste too much HD space, the audio is the key in my needs.

regards,
meater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2005, 18:31   #4  |  Link
mic

Perhaps the easiest way to reduce video file size would be using DVD Shrink or Nero Recode. They will make the video file smaller in size, and you can isolate titles if you wish, but you'll create another dvd layout so still have to demux.

To reduce further in size can also search the forum sections here on various tools to create a smaller frame size video &/or use a more efficient method of compression, like divx, real, xvid, winmedia.
mic is offline   Reply With Quote