Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 1st September 2008, 19:26   #181  |  Link
blu_definition

Can anyone help me to create a bd-r 25 gb from one of 50 gb?
i mean an hole blu-ray disc including menu, subtitles and audio

sorry for my english
blu_definition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 16:51   #182  |  Link
JK1974

Sorry for adding some silly questions quite late, but I just bought an AVCHD camcorder, and finding the right information on AVCHD vs. Blu-ray and especially x264 is quite difficult without reading the threads here every day. I want to get a valid "backup" for later BD authoring as I donīt have any BD player yet to test the results. I simply want to avoid problems on stand-alones which friends or myself might use in the following years resulting in a complete reencode of all the material I have (remuxing would be no problem).

Code:
AVCHD is a separate format to Blu-ray and therefore has it's own profile boundaries and specifications.
It looks to me that AVCHD is some kind of compatible subset to BD as it just allows e.g. lower data rates etc. Are there some informations in the AVCHD stream that are not BD-compliant so that a full reencoding would be necessary to be really BD-compliant? Or might it be possible that any incompatible values can be patched "BD-compliant" in the future?
Might an incompatibility be the reason why we donīt find any smart rendering of AVCHD files on commercial editing software as it has to be reencoded anyway or are they still simply not capable of implementing it?

Code:
What we are talking about here is creating mini Blu-ray discs that the PS3 (or other stand alone Blu-ray players) identify as AVCHD but really contain material that push the boundaries above AVCHD into the Blu-ray format specifications.
If the disc is recognized as AVCHD instead of BD, is this a flaw in the x264 profile or in the directory structure? Or is it no flaw at all? To get to the point: Is the stream (not the structure) created by x264 BD-compliant as far as we know or is it "just" said to be compatible as it works on the PS3?

Concerning MeGUI - I could use RipBox264 as well but I am missing the "interlace" check box there:
- If I choose the SA-Blu-ray Profile for Reencoding of 1080i50, AVCHD, do I have to alter the keyframe interval from 24 to 25 or 50? Or is this just mandatory?
- How "reliable" is the "interlace" check box? Is interlace encoding implemented (some kind of) correctly now in x264 or is it still said to be "experimental"? Did you find any problems when reencoding AVCHD material with that flag enabled? Deinterlacing everything would definately be no valid solution for me...
- Anything else that would have to be changed in MeGUI having this PAL scenario?

Thanks in advance on any answer...

P.S.: Any idea why there is no line-break set automatically in this post? Quiet ugly to read...

Last edited by JK1974; 3rd September 2008 at 16:55.
JK1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 01:57   #183  |  Link
hamletiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedoubleyou View Post
Hi all,

After experiencing some issues with playing my Scenarist authored blu-ray content on a PS3 (burnt on a DVD), I've found a solution.

Clearly, replacing the index.bdmv and MovieObject.bdmv files will allow you to burn your output to a DVD-R for PS3 compatability.
However, replacing these with the files supplied on Page 1 of this thread although resulting in a playable disc, will essentially overwrite your authoring.

I wanted to be able to keep my authoring the same and still be able to play it on the PS3.

Using BDedit I was able to modify the supplied *.bdmv files and add the operations created by my own Scenarist project. After a few trial and error burns, I managed to get the DVD-R to behave as intended.
After that I compared the *.bdmv files in a hex editor, and found that by running the index.bdmv file through AVCHD Patcher and modifying a couple of flags in a hex editor that I was able to successfully burn a Scenarist built project to a DVD-R and retain all menu functionality and run the disc as expected.

This may not be very useful to those of you who just want to watch Bluray content on a DVD-R and a PS3 (as you could just replace the two bdmv files with the 2 supplied at the top of this thread or explore TSRemux), however if you want to author a disc with top-menus, pop-up menus, multiple vidoes and so on, then this method should work.

1. Mux project in Scenarist.
2. Run index.bdmv through AVCHD Patcher
3. Open both MovieObject.bdmv and (the now patched) index.bdmv in a hex editor.
In both MO and index look for INDX0200 and change it to INDX0100. Then in index.bdmv there will be two instances of TR 0 0 1 0 -- replace both these with NV 4 9 7 2.
4. You should now be able to burn the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders to a DVD-R at UDF 2.50 and play on a PS3.

Cheers, I hope this was of some help to some of you.

Thom.
What is this TR 0 0 1 0? I did a search in my index.bdmv file and couldn't find it. Care to explain more in details? thx
hamletiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 22:49   #184  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

These text identifiers are available in AVCHD structures, not in Blu-ray ones - that's why you can't find the string (in HEX+TEXT view of index.bdmv).

Making a full Blu-ray disc backup (after BD-RB) to play in PS3 (written on DVD disc) is a tricky thing and it works just for some consoles and for even less movies.

If you're trying to burn a DVD from a BD backup, which contains JAVA (BD-J) - just give up.

If you're in the NTSC region and have NTSC console/player - give up.

Dean