Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 24th December 2001, 03:08   #1  |  Link
BuffDaddy

Problem with DVD-Standalone Player

Hi and Merry Christmas
I just finished my first DVD2SVCD Conversion. Movie: "End of Days"; PAL, Region 2. I chose german audio & german SVCD subtitles. After the Images were created I burnded them and inserted them into my Standalone. The screen turned black and the Display says "SVCD", so the player seems to have recognised the CD. But nothing happens. The player won't react to any action but the Power Switch...

I then burned the bbMPEG_Muxed_File00.mpg using Nero SVCD and it works.

BTW: I'm using 1.0.5 Build 2. Perhaps the mistake was changing the Title picture. I included it just to go sure

I hope anyone can help me...
BuffDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2001, 16:05   #2  |  Link
phuntyme

take your SVCD out shopping

Take the SVCD that you cut that won't play. Go to a retail store with lots of DVD Players that you can "test" with. And try it in the same make/model of the player you have first. Then try it in a few other players that the sales person recommed.

I suspect its the DVD player. I have a SVCD of Music Videos that won't play on MOST players cuz its got a menu... well it will play if I goto a track.. but when you put it in first and press play it won't work. I actually found the next model up from what I ended up getting will play it (i got a pioneer 344).
phuntyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2001, 21:09   #3  |  Link
theblackraven

@phuntyme

ich weiß ganz genau welchen player du hast, es handelt sich bestimmt um den tevion2001 vom aldi süd. Hab ich recht? Hatte nämlich ganau des gleiche prob, also versuchs wirklich mal mit nem anderem fabrikat.
cu theblackraven
theblackraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2001, 22:14   #4  |  Link
phuntyme

@theblackraven

haha, this is what I read.

I white completely exactly which more player you have, it concerns certainly the tevion2001 of aldi the south right are I? Had indeed ganau same rehearse, thus attempt really times with nem other make. cu theblackraven.

That was courtesy of translator.go.com

Ummm theblackraven... I'm sorry I don't understan =P
phuntyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2001, 23:00   #5  |  Link
Labersack

Translation

Let me try to translate it...

ich weiß ganz genau welchen player du hast, es handelt sich bestimmt um den tevion2001 vom aldi süd. Hab ich recht? Hatte nämlich ganau des gleiche prob, also versuchs wirklich mal mit nem anderem fabrikat.
cu theblackraven

I know exactly which player you have, it sure is an Tevion2001 from ALDI south. Am I right? I had exactly the the same problem, so you should try with another brand.
cu theblackraven
Labersack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2001, 01:04   #6  |  Link
BuffDaddy

Recht haste, genau der isses
Mir macht das direkt nichts aus, dann werd ich meine SVCDs in Zukunft eben mit Nero brennen und mir den Image-Creation Step sparen.
Es scheint so zu sein, dass der Tevion keine SVCDs mit Menüs lesen kann. Wo DVD2SVCD allerdings genau das Menü hinmacht weiß ich nicht genau
Nett mal nen Landsman hier zu sehen

For all non-german people here's a short translation :
Yes, it's exactly this one. I don't care much, I'll create my SVCDs with Nero instead in the future. It seems this player can't read SVCDs with some sort of menu, although i don't know if DVD2SVCD creates a menu.

-Buff
BuffDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2002, 03:43   #7  |  Link
AlibAbA

G'Day Buff!

.... and others... thanks for the laughs! Until you have tried at least three different DVD stand-alone players, as I have learnt, you will have no idea if it is a fault in DVD2SVCD or the hardware player. Playing the DVD through PowerDVD or other computer based players is no real acid test in my opinion.

I give the following overall rankings based on my own experince with the following players:

Akai ADV1150 an 8.0 Plays everything you throw at it, but doesn't display MP3 ID3 tags.
Grundig GDV130 8.5 an extra point only cuz it shows my ID3 tags on MP's, otherwise 7.5 for the price.
Palsonic DVD3000 6.0 cuz it would'nt play MP3's
Palsonic DVD5000 7.0 Does not play SVCD's subtitles, also the worst remote control unit otherwise a 7.5

Take care all and thanks for the humour!

AlibAbA