Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 12th June 2009, 21:50   #181  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
Please re-read the title of this thread and the initial post.
Quote:
"I would like to announce yet another tool for Blu-ray decryption. MakeMKV ..."
Yeah... If the author positions this program as a decryptor, then eventual BD+ support is important. But if I was him, I would still concentrate on "remuxing" and UI (I mean video preview) part first. As there are other decryptors on the market (I mean AnyDVD in the first place), but no user friendly "Blu-ray Shrink" program. And as Slysoft is working on CloneBD, I think tools like MakeMKV and tsMuxer should evolve quite quickly and use their current popularity wisely. Or else Slysoft will eventually become "monopolistic" in "Blu-ray remuxing" business too.
SuperGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 22:51   #182  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
but no user friendly "Blu-ray Shrink" program
Sounds like you should do a little research - and discover "BR Rebuilder" and "AVCHDCoder", both presently freeware...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 21:44   #183  |  Link
drkrvn32

v12

@Mike_Chen

I'm just curious, how did you beat Ken00 at v11-12? Slysoft has up to 14, from what I can tell no further.BDVM takes well care of BD+ removal.

The data IS on the disk,right? or did you pull it out of PowerDVD?

Further, would a drive key help or not for this, I thought we had a master unlock somwhere, or was that supposed to be the MKV?

every one keeps saying that VID can be pulled from the disc regardless of AUTH, but you still need the PK to get the VID right? [or am i missing a comandline option here??]
drkrvn32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 23:10   #184  |  Link
setarip_old

@drkrvn32

Hi!

"Mike Chen" has previously stated here his unwillingness to share such information - as "MakeMKV" is a commercial product in development.

I guess you'd have just as much luck asking the folks at Slysoft ;>}
Old 15th July 2009, 08:53   #185  |  Link
Mike Chen

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkrvn32 View Post
@Mike_Chen

I'm just curious, how did you beat Ken00 at v11-12? Slysoft has up to 14, from what I can tell no further.BDVM takes well care of BD+ removal.

The data IS on the disk,right? or did you pull it out of PowerDVD?

Further, would a drive key help or not for this, I thought we had a master unlock somwhere, or was that supposed to be the MKV?

every one keeps saying that VID can be pulled from the disc regardless of AUTH, but you still need the PK to get the VID right? [or am i missing a comandline option here??]
We have keys from multiple players. The PK that we currently use comes not from powerdvd and was never revoked. In truth we expected for it to be revoked sooner but it survived unchanged until v12 (confirmed). And so far it looks like it is not going to be revoked in v13 or v14. To read VID MakeMKV first tries to do so without auth ( see LGPL libdriveio avaiable on our forum) and then performs standard auth. For this we have a pile of non-revoked host certs.

EDIT: "Our" key was revoked in MKB v14. We've updated AACS keys in latest version so MKB v14 can be opened just fine.

Last edited by Mike Chen; 16th July 2009 at 09:10.
Mike Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 15:42   #186  |  Link
MacLover

Looks like a great programme and it works on OS X

Gonna test it out using an ISO I ripped using PS3
MacLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 17:39   #187  |  Link
shv

Would be nice if MakeMKV could support m2ts format with HD audio as well. I would like to use it also to make a full or partly BD rip. In this case the user would be able to use different tools for postprocessing. It might be not a big impact to support this.
shv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 20:19   #188  |  Link
setarip_old

@shv

Hi!

I made such a suggestion in Post #5 in this thread - and in response either here or in another thread, "Mike Chen" stated that "MakeMKV" would not add such capability...
Old 21st July 2009, 20:35   #189  |  Link
jj666

Shv,

If you don't want to use the .MKV container, you can use EAC3TO with one of the many available frontends to work from either a full blu-ray disk or .M2TS files for a 100% quality blu-ray. Or do you mean post-processing (re-encoding), like that BD-REBUILDER [poke my own eyes out with a rusty fork] software can do?

Cheers,

-jj-
jj666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 20:39   #190  |  Link
setarip_old

@jj666

Hi!

What you fail to mention is that using the procedure(s) you're suggesting requires the use of the fairly high-priced "AnyDVD HD" as opposed to the presently free "MakeMKV"...
Old 21st July 2009, 21:10   #191  |  Link
jj666

Well if he's buying blu-ray disks as I do, it's not a problem to invest in decent software to immediately back them up. I'm much preferring a copy to be played back on the media player due to keeping the original disk preserved and no good software on the PC. I would assume most people on this forum are not still using their Grandmother's technology either ;-)

Cheers,

-jj-
jj666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 00:47   #192  |  Link
cwl7454
Dragon Slayer

The key words here are: presently free "MakeMKV"...

Mike has previously indicated that it will be commercial ware upon completion of Beta's.

To me "Any DVD HD" is not "fairly high-priced" considering what it can do, the time it can save and the free that you get with it.

Foxconn P45A-S/Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHZ/Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro/16GB OCZ2VU80016GQ DDR2 800MHZ/Radeon HD 3850 512MB GDDR3 PCIe Crossfire x2
cwl7454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 03:35   #193  |  Link
redfive19

I understand from the MakeMKV forums that no open source player can read the subtitles? Is there a way I can rip the subtitles out and mux them into the resultant MKV? I just bought Stormriders 10th anniversary blu ray (hong kong stuff, all chinese!), ripped it with anyDVD HD, loaded the ISO into MakeMKV and kept the subtitles. When I play it in Plex, I can choose to display subtitles (it sees they're there) but nothing shows.....anyway to get around this? thanks in advance...
redfive19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 04:44   #194  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfive19 View Post
I understand from the MakeMKV forums that no open source player can read the subtitles? Is there a way I can rip the subtitles out and mux them into the resultant MKV? I just bought Stormriders 10th anniversary blu ray (hong kong stuff, all chinese!), ripped it with anyDVD HD, loaded the ISO into MakeMKV and kept the subtitles. When I play it in Plex, I can choose to display subtitles (it sees they're there) but nothing shows.....anyway to get around this? thanks in advance...
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=145277
880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:02   #195  |  Link
redfive19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 880 View Post
I don't think that tool can extract them tho, am I right? Really all I want to do is embed subtitles in the MKV that are readable by Plex. I love that I was able to get a 25GB blu-ray disc down to 1 17GB MKV but unfortunately this movie is in Mandarin

Last edited by redfive19; 23rd July 2009 at 16:05.
redfive19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 22:50   #196  |  Link
MacLover

Redfive, assuming your on OS X as you said play on Plex, have you tried demuxing using TSMuxer and opening the Subtitle file with Jubler and convert to .ass or .srt?
MacLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2009, 07:31   #197  |  Link
Mike Chen

There is yet no tool to do anything with PGS subtitles in MKV. We are actually considering writing a bulky command-line tool that will be able to export PGS streams from MKV into sup files - this way subtitles may be OCR'ed and remuxed.
Mike Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2009, 08:28   #198  |  Link
setarip_old

@Mike Chen

Hi!

Any closer to putting an ETA on solving "BD+"?
Old 24th July 2009, 19:53   #199  |  Link
shv

As far I know AnyDVD HD don't currently support MKB V14. Taking this into mind I think it would be good to have two tools which can decrypt BDs and BD+ too. As it shall become a comercial tool it shall support different use cases to get more user which want to pay for it. In this case there could be a good balance between price and offered features.

Restriction to MKV format would mean to restrict usage of other tools as well as the restriction of potential users. Currently this also means that the usage of HD audio formats is not possible and subtitles also don't work. At least I was not able to play them to split them or to remux them...
shv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2009, 20:04   #200  |  Link
DrinkLyeAndDie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shv View Post
As far I know AnyDVD HD don't currently support MKB V14.
As of today's release of v6.5.7.0 beta, yes, it does.
DrinkLyeAndDie is offline   Reply With Quote