Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 2nd May 2005, 19:43   #1  |  Link
nodisc123

TV Series DVDR, Duplicate VOB-iDs

I'm trying to do Space Ghost Series DVDR VOl3 currently, and it uses duplicate vob-ids. Are there any other guides besides the doom9 one on finding nemo that have a good explanation of how to handle such dvds with episodes. There is only 1 VTS set on this dvd with 27 PGCs. The first PGC is all the episodes combined (I can tell by the playing time) and the others which doitfast4u selected as duplicate is each episode individually. I've tryed using one process where doitfast4u demuxes by vob-id however when It loaded up reauthorist after demuxing nothing was displayed to encode so i'm a bit confused. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
nodisc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2005, 23:28   #2  |  Link
Angelus

If I recall ReAuthorist doesn't support demuxing by vobid, so that's one reason you should try Scenaid instead. So I would suggest trying ScenAid first and see if that helps. Make sure under Options->Audio Handling you check add silence to VOBID Demux too.
Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2005, 01:26   #3  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

Angelus is correct.. RA can't handle anything VOBID demuxed or anything w/ duplicate VOBID's

From your description, DoItFast4u should have chose the PGC w/ all episodes together and identified rest as duplicates... that is fine

Demux by PGC w/ just that one PGC selected for demuxing and Scenaid will do the rest for you
D3s7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2005, 04:12   #4  |  Link
nodisc123

So I want to set it to Demux by VOB-ID in DoiTfast4u? then use scenaid to rebuild correct.

I get this errors after demuxing by vob id and loading it into sceneaid for .scn creation

Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V003.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_4
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V004.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_5
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V005.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_6
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V006.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_7
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V007.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_8
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V008.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_9
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V009.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_10
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V010.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_11
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V011.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_12
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V012.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_13
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V013.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_14
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V014.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_15
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V015.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_16

Last edited by nodisc123; 3rd May 2005 at 04:18.
Old 3rd May 2005, 07:55   #5  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

As d3s7 said above, a vobid demux is probably not necessary. Demuxing just pgc1 would be enough to reconstruct all others (strange audio lay-outs etc could ruin this). You could paste some relevant parts from the ifo here for better judgement.

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
influenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2005, 12:49   #6  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

Sounds to me like you didn't encode the assets..

Quote:
Originally posted by nodisc123
So I want to set it to Demux by VOB-ID in DoiTfast4u? then use scenaid to rebuild correct.

I get this errors after demuxing by vob id and loading it into sceneaid for .scn creation

Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V003.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_4
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V004.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_5
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V005.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_6
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V006.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_7
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V007.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_8
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V008.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_9
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V009.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_10
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V010.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_11
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V011.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_12
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V012.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_13
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V013.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_14
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V014.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_15
Warning C:\DVD_Stuff\VTS01\VTS__01_V015.I-BFF.4~3_1.nopull.mpv is not supported file format. Imported as place holder
Info Importing VTS01_16
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:09   #7  |  Link
nodisc123

Well, I redit the process. Demuxed by VOB-ID and SCene aid put it back together perfectly, it works great. Looks like i'll be unistalling Re-authorist as I have no use for it anymore after seing the capabilities of this program
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:16   #8  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

Good...

just a reminder though.. you probably didn't need to do this by vobid
Old 4th May 2005, 03:30   #9  |  Link
nodisc123

Only complaint I have is that the final rencoded dvd size after burning is almost a 100 megs short of what I can fill it two, did I miss a setting?
Old 4th May 2005, 05:19   #10  |  Link
jel

hi nodisc123,

btw WELCOME TO THE FORUM !

anyway, there could be a number of things that cause an undersize output, but they can depend on the method you use.

if you are using the bitrates calculated by doitfast4u, can you please check in 'utilities > dvd calc' and you have multiple options for dvd-r size. to be honest i would recommend setting this to dvd-safe (10 meg) as with the decline in blank disc quality, it is worth sacrificing a little space rather than risk burning the full capacity.
plus, regardless of mathematics, there is always a little 'play' in determining the final output size.

same thing applies if you are using the bitrates calculated by scenaid.

also, iirc, there are some issues involved in size of subtitle streams and also in the overhead of DTS audio ...

btw, did you pre-process this movie with any external tools?

anywyas . a hundred meg si a little more variation than i get with my back-ups .. usually it within 5 to 10 meg of specified output size.

rock on
j
jel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 08:03   #11  |  Link
nodisc123

Thanks for the welcome jel, and the reply. For this dvd I decided to cut out all the subtitles. I don't know what calculates the dvds bitrate. The method I used was according to the doom9 guide. Which is Doitfast4u, then I opened SceneAid tot he working directory, it compiled everything and did the reast automatically. The size in the Doitfast4u calculator was at 4700000000 (safe) I changed it to the setting you told me to know though. Could it be that I demuxed by VOB-ID cause this undersize?

p.s) Yes, I did pre process this movie before I loaded it into Doitfast. What I did was load up Vobblanker, and manually removed all the extras as well as FBI Warnings, Special Features Menu (cause its not used with features removed) and a bunch of other useless easter egg videos within the dvd) I then created a img file of the dvd with a smaller size and mounted with Daemon tools. Then I loaded up doitfast and used the doom9 guide process. The reason I used vobblanker was I wanted to get the highest bitrate on each episode possible.

Last edited by nodisc123; 4th May 2005 at 08:07.
Old 4th May 2005, 08:16   #12  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

I have noticed some slight undersizing with vobid demuxes every now and then. Look at it from the bright side though. It's better to have a slightly undersized disc than an oversized one .

I hardly have any vobid demuxes (some angled titlesets every now and then) so I don't consider it a very big problem.

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
influenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 20:17   #13  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

undersizing, oversizing, make up your mind

nodisk: i'm assuming you used doitfast4u's bitrate calcs and not the ones from scenaid?
Old 5th May 2005, 00:06   #14  |  Link
nodisc123

I'm not sure which one I used. I loaded it into doitfast4u, set it to vobid demux and pressed do it, I'm not sure how to use the bitrate calc on scene aid.
Old 5th May 2005, 00:49   #15  |  Link
jel

in scenaid
options > encoder options > ccedata settings
and select 'use scenaid settings'
now make sure that 'generate script after scan (one click run)' is not selected, and scan your demux folder.
when it has finished, you can select any of the VTS_XX tabs and it will show you a LOT of infor about that vts, including main and extras bitrates. from here, if you adjust the extras bitrates, it will automatically update the main bitrate to suit.
hth
j
jel is offline   Reply With Quote