Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th January 2008, 11:03   #121  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
cant you just put in the ts stream into tsremux and use bluray out?
I prefer one step instead of two
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 11:09   #122  |  Link
roman76r

dburckh
Quote:
I noticed that I'm getting about 12 PAT/PMT records at the being of the stream
It is not a bag. Some hardware decoders may miss first video unit if it is near begin of a file. To prevent it tsMuxer insert 15 PAT/PMT records in the beginning of a file.
roman76r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 11:11   #123  |  Link
Egen

great tool. waiting subtitle support with eager
Egen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 16:21   #124  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
I prefer one step instead of two
so you already have a avchd structure and just put the .m2ts file in the stream directory? what structure do you use? using tsremux I always get a divide by zero error when creating a bd structure from a m2ts or ts.
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 16:42   #125  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
so you already have a avchd structure and just put the .m2ts file in the stream directory? what structure do you use?
After many tests I realized that BluRay structure must be generated according to input *.m2ts file. I made simple test in Nero Vision. Everything was made by vision (compression+Bluray Structure). PS3 accepted AVCHD without problems but when I replaced 00000.m2ts with my own (encoded by vision as well) it didn't work on PS3 (my file outside structure is working on PS3)
Maybe I am wrong but it looks like that bluray structure uses some kind of checksum.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 30th January 2008 at 16:57.
Old 30th January 2008, 17:17   #126  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
After many tests I realized that BluRay structure must be generated according to input *.m2ts file. I made simple test in Nero Vision. Everything was made by vision (compression+Bluray Structure). PS3 accepted AVCHD without problems but when I replaced 00000.m2ts with my own (encoded by vision as well) it didn't work on PS3 (my file outside structure is working on PS3)
Maybe I am wrong but it looks like that bluray structure uses some kind of checksum.
yes I have seen some posts where you can hex edit some files to make them match. But the problem I have is the divide by 0 error in tsremux before it finishes creating the bd structure so I cant even use that method.
Old 30th January 2008, 17:50   #127  |  Link
Has123

Quote:
Try to take the index.bdmv and MovieObject.bdmv generated by NeroVision and use them with your structure as this may help,
Has123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 18:12   #128  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
yes I have seen some posts where you can hex edit some files to make them match
link please
Old 30th January 2008, 18:31   #129  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
link please
havent tried this but it is supposed to edit the structure

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...ighlight=avchd
Old 30th January 2008, 18:41   #130  |  Link
ultratoto14

1.2.6 resolved my problem with MPC, seeking is reliable (happy, happy, happy). Can take my previously generated vob and get a ts with ff/rw yepppeeee !!
ultratoto14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 19:55   #131  |  Link
TEB

Feature Request:

Support h.264/ac3 in AVI container as source!

Keep up the great work!
TEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 22:09   #132  |  Link
LOGiC

First of all I want to thank you for this masterpiece of Software. Just a question, is it possible that DTS don't work properly yet ? I tried to mux one of my original BluRays as m2ts together with a 24bit DTS track. The result is not playable in PowerDVD or MPC. I normally try playing the files in PowerDVD first as this one demands compliant streams. But it does not start playing. Same when trying to mux in normal .ts. If I convert the dts to ac3, the resulting m2ts plays fine in PowerDVD, but not in MPC. MPC says that there is no pin to connect to. Strange thing.
LOGiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 22:31   #133  |  Link
[)370|\|470!2
dentist-experimenter

Tsmuxer doesn't produce standard compliant ts streams. Just try splitting these with TSsplitter and see that any parts except 1st one are unplayable, while splitting any standard ts stream results in all parts fully acceptable by any/all players. Also, pdvd reports wrong timecodes with .ts's created by TSmuxer from original ts(m2ts) streams.
Old 30th January 2008, 23:23   #134  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
but not in MPC. MPC says that there is no pin to connect to. Strange thing.
Did you install Haali Media Splitter? Did you install latest FFDShow? Disable internal filters as well.

Personally I have no problems with *.m2ts in MPC (AVC+AC3)
Old 30th January 2008, 23:44   #135  |  Link
tyee

Quote:
Originally Posted by [)370|\|470!2 View Post
Tsmuxer doesn't produce standard compliant ts streams. Just try splitting these with TSsplitter and see that any parts except 1st one are unplayable, while splitting any standard ts stream results in all parts fully acceptable by any/all players. Also, pdvd reports wrong timecodes with .ts's created by TSmuxer from original ts(m2ts) streams.
I just split a .m2ts made from tsremux yesterday into 5 sections with HDBDSplitterGUI and they all play in my PS3!
tyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 23:50   #136  |  Link
tyee

I have a quick question needing answering regarding .grf files. I'm sure a lot of us make these .grf files for encoding in an avisynth script for re-encoding before we use tsremux. I would like to know the difference between, for example, using a .grf vs. .evo in an avisynth script. I ask because recently I was using a .grf but then just tried the DirectShowSource line with a .evo in it and it encoded fine. So when do we use .grf's and when can we use .evo's, .m2ts's?? If a Directshow Filter can open a file, is it true we don't need to use .grf files??
tyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 00:12   #137  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
If a Directshow Filter can open a file, is it true we don't need to use .grf files??
if DirectShow cannot automatically connect specific filters then you have to create .grf. Otherwise use DirectShowSource()
Old 31st January 2008, 02:08   #138  |  Link
picman1

Roman, nice job on this slick program. I noticed that muxing DTS audio will not stream to the PS3 and be playable and that there is way to convert DTS to AC3 with another program and then mux the AC3 together. Would it be possible to incorporate that DTS to AC3 conversion process into your program to save some steps? I also like the one step process! Thanks again
picman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 02:31   #139  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
link please
Ok I got AVCHD to work on the ps3 from .mkv files with no reencoding using mkvextract, h264info, tsmuxer, and tsremux. I will put up another thread here on the how to. Basically though if the .ts will not play on your ps3 then it will not work in a AVCHD without reencoding usually because the source has more than 4 reference frames which the ps3 does not support yet (ie 1080p avc 5.1). But for the many that do work it is pretty neat to archive them in AVCHD disks and play them with lossless video and ac3 audio. Most will fit on dvd-5 or dvd-9. Also I will show how to split a m2ts into parts to make a compilation for a movie if needed.

note: of course you could just burn the .ts files renamed to .mpg to a data dvd into PS3/VIDEO folder and play them as a file but I like having chapters and possibly subtitles (have not tried subtitles yet).

Last edited by jamos; 31st January 2008 at 02:36.
Old 31st January 2008, 09:06   #140  |  Link
LOGiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by atak_snajpera
Did you install Haali Media Splitter? Did you install latest FFDShow? Disable internal filters as well.

Personally I have no problems with *.m2ts in MPC (AVC+AC3)
lol, I deinstalled PowerDVD a couple of days ago on one machine and MPC used to connect to the Cyberlink H264 filter, so it couldnt work. I was registering this filter manually and MPC was working fine again with AVC+AC3 in M2TS. But nevertheless, it does not seem to work with DTS. Anyone else with this experience ? Again, this is not meant as any critics, great program, easily working and easy to handle, this is awesome Roman. Thanks alot for your efforts.
LOGiC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tsmuxer