Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 22nd June 2008, 09:19   #3801  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam View Post
What's the status of this bug? The OP claims that when "Automatically set number of threads" is set, the xvid commandline has "-threads 1". However, I just tested and it clearly has "-threads 0", which I have verified does actually cause xvid to auto-set the threadcount. However, I can't see any bugfixes in the log which would have changed "-threads 1" to "-threads 0", so it seems like the OP was just wrong. Shall I close it?
I think yes...
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 09:24   #3802  |  Link
stax76

In StaxRip I demux all, there was only one request in 7 years to give control over this but it don't fit into StaxRip's philosophy (do what's practical automatically). It's however possible to read the language in the IFO file (assuming it was ripped without stream processing (normal case)) using MediaInfo, StaxRip does this to rename the audio files with a much better name:

VTS_01_1 01 en-English 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -192ms.ac3
VTS_01_1 02 de-German 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -192ms.ac3
VTS_01_1 03 hu-Hungarian 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -192ms.ac3
VTS_01_1 04 en-English Director's comments 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY -128ms.ac3
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 13:26   #3803  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

Would you guys like me to setup a Trac install or something for the MeGUI project? Personally, I am not a fan of the sourceforge tools at all, and prefer most alternatives to them. If you'd like something like Trac or Bugzilla setup, please just ask.
check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 17:30   #3804  |  Link
arrirc
Aminei

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrirc View Post
I would like to install the development version as the last stable version is not working. But I can not compile from source, so could someone please post a link to the development version compiled for Windows XP SP2 32 bit?
Any help please?

The latest stable version seems to having issues with .NET....
arrirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 17:46   #3805  |  Link
Maccara

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrirc View Post
Any help please?

The latest stable version seems to having issues with .NET....
If you have .net sdk installed but can't compile from sources, you can fix this also by using corflags to force 32bit execution (or uninstall 64bit framework).

Like so: F:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0 64bit\Bin\corflags.exe /32BIT+ megui.exe

This will change the clr header for the exe.
Maccara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 21:27   #3806  |  Link
BiO-HaZaRd

Wich version of megui is the last stable one? cause in the sourceforge page theres only the 0.2.6.1046 one, and sice i updated tu the 1048 i'm having really weird problems...

Shoud i just not update to that version?
BiO-HaZaRd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 21:45   #3807  |  Link
arrirc
Aminei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccara View Post
If you have .net sdk installed but can't compile from sources, you can fix this also by using corflags to force 32bit execution (or uninstall 64bit framework).

Like so: F:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0 64bit\Bin\corflags.exe /32BIT+ megui.exe

This will change the clr header for the exe.
Sorry but I have no idea how to compile...I'm not a programmer.
arrirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 00:35   #3808  |  Link
berrinam

@arrirc, Maccara, BiO-HaZaRd: please take your discussion to the MeGUI troubleshooting thread. This thread is about MeGUI development.
berrinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 00:39   #3809  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by check View Post
Would you guys like me to setup a Trac install or something for the MeGUI project? Personally, I am not a fan of the sourceforge tools at all, and prefer most alternatives to them. If you'd like something like Trac or Bugzilla setup, please just ask.
I've had no experience with Trac or Bugzilla, so I don't know. I have seen Trac used on a number of sites, though, and it looks quite nice... it's got some kind of wiki integration as well, doesn't it?
Old 23rd June 2008, 00:43   #3810  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise13 View Post
I think yes...
Done.
Old 23rd June 2008, 00:45   #3811  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
as developper, that will be the easier solution but in the other hand as end user point of view, that could be seen as a feature regression...
We could try doing it and see if anyone complains. Although that is perhaps not the nicest thing to do to the users.

Stax's renaming trick seems quite useful.
Old 23rd June 2008, 01:03   #3812  |  Link
rebkell

Is there anyway to disable/enable cleanup on autoencode and one step encodiing? I sometimes have audio problems on captured HDTV, local stations screw up the audio and it would be easier if I had the raw video available to mux with when I get the audio straightened out?
rebkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 01:39   #3813  |  Link
berrinam

@rebkell: Please do not post on the development thread. The "General questions and troubleshooting" thread is the appropriate place.
Old 23rd June 2008, 01:40   #3814  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
I think 0.3.x.x is getting quite stable now. Most of the bugs on the SF tracker are either fixed or can't be reproduced.

As there are a number of small features in the feature request tracker that I'd like to implement, I would like to tag 0.3.x.x now and -- after the new DGIndex code and my zones code is committed -- only commit bug fixes. Also, I think we should put 0.3.x.x on the stable autoupdate servers.
I think this point is actually becoming more valid now. The audio bugs in 0.2.6.1047-8 cannot easily be diagnosed because error messages are not properly logged. 0.3.x.x does properly log the error messages.
Old 23rd June 2008, 01:49   #3815  |  Link
rebkell

Quote:
@rebkell: Please do not post on the development thread. The "General questions and troubleshooting" thread is the appropriate place.
Sorry, it was actually a request, I didn't realize the capability existed.
rebkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 04:38   #3816  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

Quote:
I've had no experience with Trac or Bugzilla, so I don't know. I have seen Trac used on a number of sites, though, and it looks quite nice... it's got some kind of wiki integration as well, doesn't it?
Yes, the official site probably explains its much better than I can. This page has a good list of its features. The one thing it misses you guys might need is a 'forum'. You get support tickets instead, which can be harder to users to search through. Setting up a separate forum would be dead simple though.

Basically, I'm happy to setup any sort of infrastructure you guys would like for managing MeGUI, just let me know what you'd like (or if you want me to shortlist alternatives.
Old 23rd June 2008, 06:44   #3817  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
We could try doing it and see if anyone complains. Although that is perhaps not the nicest thing to do to the users.

Stax's renaming trick seems quite useful.
renaming tracks is not a problem...Problem is : if we want to demux only 1 track using the last DGindex interface, tracks IDs are required.

Either we delete this feature, or we keep it and we try to make something useable with it. All I can say depends mainly on *when* and *what* we want to have in the 0.3.xxx stable version.

All in all, I'm interested to release it as soon as possible.
Old 23rd June 2008, 06:46   #3818  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by check View Post
Yes, the official site probably explains its much better than I can. This page has a good list of its features. The one thing it misses you guys might need is a 'forum'. You get support tickets instead, which can be harder to users to search through. Setting up a separate forum would be dead simple though.

Basically, I'm happy to setup any sort of infrastructure you guys would like for managing MeGUI, just let me know what you'd like (or if you want me to shortlist alternatives.
Trac is quite great...but what about the download page for end-users ?
Old 23rd June 2008, 07:44   #3819  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

Quote:
Trac is quite great...but what about the download page for end-users ?
It includes a wiki for documentation. Either that can be the frontpage, or a static HTML frontpage can be put in front of the whole Trac install. The latter seems to be a common way of dealing with this question.
Old 23rd June 2008, 14:48   #3820  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

stable
Code:
    - (berrinam) Added locking around getJobToProcess() to eliminate race condition on job starting (should fix #1932378: Two workers started working on same job)
    - (berrinam) MediaInfo should now properly detect .m4v files. (Fixes adaptive muxing for .m4v files)
    - (berrinam) Removed MP4 output from xvid_encraw, since it was never actually supported.
    - (berrinam) Fixed #1870331 (User specified sizes in bitrate calcs not remembered)
- (berrinam) [AvisynthAudioEncoder] Log audio error messages.

dev
Code:
0.3.0.1010 (includes the fixes and additions up to ver. 0.2.6.1049)
    - (berrinam) Better rationalisation of ARs in AVS window. Patch by i_a

Dev version installer: http://www.webalice.it/f.corriga/meg...0_3_0_1010.exe

Last edited by Sharktooth; 25th June 2008 at 14:58.
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
development, megui, not a help thread