Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Old 13th January 2002, 21:38   #1  |  Link
catback

Has there been a fix for the video and audio desynch when searching in a Divx 4 file?

Hey,

I have created several divx4 files of VHS tapes. I have noticed that when playing the divx file, if I fast forward to another scene by clicking ahead on the playback progress bar, the audio will be fine but the video plays back at double the speed to catch up for a few seconds.

This didn't happen when using divx3. It's not a big deal but I was wondering if this has been fixed in any new releases.

Thanks.
catback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2002, 22:39   #2  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

do you know why it doesn't happen with divx3? because ms programmed the playback filter in a way that will simply show a black screen while the video is catching up (plus they mute the audio during that time).. in divx4 you just hear and see what's going on behind the scenes. It's not a bug... it's more of a "feature".. be glad you have no more serious problems
Old 14th January 2002, 02:50   #3  |  Link
catback

Actually, when using divx3 (the ms hack) and fast forwarding as I described in my original post, I don't see a black screen at all. Both the new video and audio position appears instantly with no delay or sync problems at all. This has been true with every divx3 file I've created.
catback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2002, 09:24   #4  |  Link
FactorM

It depends on the keyframe you have chosen (seems to be a small one).

If the intervall is bigger (i choose 250 for PAL), the player has to search longer to find a keyframe, where he can resume playing.
FactorM is offline   Reply With Quote