Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 10th March 2009, 17:38   #1961  |  Link
mikebzh44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
It's up to you what you do - lega or otherwise. Reason I said it though is because that is what the author of the software is concentrating on. There are still lots of problems with some unprocessed bluray sources and it would open a whole can of worms to start pandering to anything that isn't a genuine valid bluray rip. no disrespect to yourself. I'm pretty sure this is the official stance from jdobbs.

If you post in one of the other forums you should be able to get help there, but I think this thread is purely for posting bugs for bluray sources.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.
OK, I understand. I have post my question on other forums.

But maybe the author can add an option to force the resolution ton 1920x1080 or 1280x720. I guess it's only 2 words in the command line.

I stop now and it's a great soft anyway
mikebzh44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 17:40   #1962  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protecus View Post
First of all thank you, jdobbs, for this great software. I wrote a german tutorial how to make a Blu-ray backup with 'BD Rebuilder'. I always set MPEG2 to LIBMPEG2 and also described this in my tutorial. Now I see that you recommend LIBAVCODEC.

I don't want to tell something wrong in my tutorial, so could you please tell me what the diference between LIBMPEG2 and LIBAVCODEC is? Yet everything went fine with my Blu-ray Backups by using LIBMPEG2.

Greets,
Protecus
LIBMPEG2 should work just as well. I just mentioned LIBAVCODEC because that's what I have set. The point I should have been making there is that something has to be set, or you may get encoding errors.

As for the differences, I'd defer to someone at SourceForge who has been maintaining them. They both seem to work for me. I personally use a policy of "when in doubt, use libavcodec".
Old 10th March 2009, 17:48   #1963  |  Link
Protecus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
LIBMPEG2 should work just as well.
Protecus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 18:08   #1964  |  Link
Biffa001

thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Have you ever gotten any successful encodes before, or is the first attempt?
1st attempt

Quote:
Most of the time when X264 fails it is because AVISYNTH cannot decode the video source. Make sure you have all necessary codecs enabled in FFDSHOW.
If you just mean the below 3 points then yes I have them setup as you suggest below.

Quote:
1. If you have Windows Media Player 11 installed (highly recommended) on your system, disable VC-1 decoding (letting the system default to WMV11), else set it to WMV9.

2. Make sure MPEG2 is set to LIBAVCODEC

3. Make sure H.264/AVC is set to LIBAVCODEC
Done, but I still get the same error

I also have AVISynth in FFDShow set to AVISynth. What am I missing here I've no idea!
Biffa001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 19:08   #1965  |  Link
jdobbs

Can you play back the AVS file using Windows Media Player or Media Player Classic? At least then you can see if a picture is actually making it to X264.
Old 10th March 2009, 19:10   #1966  |  Link
Furiousflea

Sounds like you haven't installed Haali Media Splitter to me...

?
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 20:05   #1967  |  Link
Biffa001

Quote:
Can you play back the AVS file using Windows Media Player or Media Player Classic? At least then you can see if a picture is actually making it to X264.
There is a 1kb VID_00000.AVS in my workfiles directory. I can play this in Media Player Classic (with no sound).

Haali is installed too.
Old 10th March 2009, 20:47   #1968  |  Link
Elesias

Quote:
Is anyone else having an issue like this?

I may change "Stricter AVCHD compliance" to include the 8.3 filenames and Level 4.0 (instead of 4.1) just to see if it has an impact.
Tried with "The Changeling", and same results : plays fine with BD-P1400 (firmware 2.0) and not with BD-35 (firmware 1.3).
Both players are european.

The Changeling is also VC1 encoded.
Elesias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 21:10   #1969  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biffa001 View Post
There is a 1kb VID_00000.AVS in my workfiles directory. I can play this in Media Player Classic (with no sound).

Haali is installed too.
That's good, so at least the CODEC appears to be working (no sound is normal). If you look in the BD Rebuilder directory you'll see a file called "LASTCMD.TXT". That should be the X264 command that was executing when it crashed. Try running a CMD window, and cut-and-paste the command into it. See what kind of error you get from X264 when it runs directly (from the command line).
Old 10th March 2009, 21:54   #1970  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs

Hi!
Quote:
1. If you have Windows Media Player 11 installed (highly recommended) on your system, disable VC-1 decoding (letting the system default to WMV11), else set it to WMV9.
I have WMP9 and have always had VC-1 set to "LIBAVCODEC" - and have experienced no problems related to that setting.

Please clarify - Would there be some specific additional benefit to setting VC-1 to "WMV9" instead of "LIBAVCODEC"?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 22:00   #1971  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs

Hi!I have WMP9 and have always had VC-1 set to "LIBAVCODEC" - and have experienced no problems related to that setting.

Please clarify - Would there be some specific additional benefit to setting VC-1 to "WMV9" instead of "LIBAVCODEC"?
libavcodec cannot decode interlaced VC-1.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 22:01   #1972  |  Link
shearer69

Samsung 1500 firmware 2.3

I have done over 30 bdrs using all versions of rebuilder. Touch wood had no problems shrinking to 25gb or dvd9 full backups. Excellent piece of software. My only problem is dvd9 fullbackups wont play on standalone samsung player, yet movie only backups with stricter setting play no problem. Any ideas hate to have to replace this great little player
shearer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 22:08   #1973  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs

Hi!I have WMP9 and have always had VC-1 set to "LIBAVCODEC" - and have experienced no problems related to that setting.

Better to have WMV11 installed and disable it in FFDSHOW. I have sources that work with WMV11 and not with LIBAVCODEC or WMV9.
Old 10th March 2009, 22:29   #1974  |  Link
Biffa001

Quote:
That's good, so at least the CODEC appears to be working (no sound is normal). If you look in the BD Rebuilder directory you'll see a file called "LASTCMD.TXT". That should be the X264 command that was executing when it crashed. Try running a CMD window, and cut-and-paste the command into it. See what kind of error you get from X264 when it runs directly (from the command line).
This is the command:

"D:\BD_Rebuilder\tools\x264.exe" "D:\BD_REBUILDER\WORKING\WORKFILES\VID_00000.AVS" --bitrate 3171 --level 4.1 --sar 1:1 --aud --vbv-bufsize 14500 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --vbv-maxrate 17500 --filter 0,0 --subme 2 --me dia --bframes 3 --direct auto --weightb --partitions none --trellis 0 --analyse none --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --stats "D:\BD_REBUILDER\WORKING\WORKFILES\VID_00000.AVS.264.stats" --pass 1 --output NUL

and I get the same popup box with "x264.exe has stopped working" and the only option is "close the program". Nothing in the CMD window.

Yiykes!
Old 10th March 2009, 22:43   #1975  |  Link
jdobbs

That's not good, especially since it seems to be working fine for others (including me). Is there anything special about your system, processor, or operating system? Is it, perhaps, an exceptionally old processor? Also, this is the same X264.EXE that was included in the ZIP with BD-RB v0.20.3, right?
Old 10th March 2009, 22:50   #1976  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shearer69 View Post
I have done over 30 bdrs using all versions of rebuilder. Touch wood had no problems shrinking to 25gb or dvd9 full backups. Excellent piece of software. My only problem is dvd9 fullbackups wont play on standalone samsung player, yet movie only backups with stricter setting play no problem. Any ideas hate to have to replace this great little player
Some players just won't accept BD-9... not sure why.
Old 10th March 2009, 23:40   #1977  |  Link
Biffa001

Quote:
That's not good, especially since it seems to be working fine for others (including me). Is there anything special about your system, processor, or operating system? Is it, perhaps, an exceptionally old processor? Also, this is the same X264.EXE that was included in the ZIP with BD-RB v0.20.3, right?
Nothing out of the ordinary, an AMD X2 Dual Core 2.11, Vista, 4GB installed.

I got the same error with the included x264.exe and also with the latest downloaded from the x264 website.

I've just followed your suggestions again with the original x264 from v0.20.3 and have the same outcome as listed here....!
Old 10th March 2009, 23:46   #1978  |  Link
liquidskin76

Quote:
Am i missing something here!

Wasn't this what we were talking about a few posts back... about x264 crashing with the error 'x264.exe has stopped working', because of the 1080i VC-1 streams.

Surely this is the same thing??
liquidskin76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 00:20   #1979  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs
Quote:
Better to have WMV11 installed and disable it in FFDSHOW. I have sources that work with WMV11 and not with LIBAVCODEC or WMV9.
Thanks for the info.

For various reasons, I have chosen not to update from WMP9 - so I guess I'm okay until such time as I run into one of the source discs you speak of...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 00:41   #1980  |  Link
archie_here

"C:\BD-RBV02003\BD_Rebuilder\tools\x264.exe" "E:\WORKING\WORKFILES\VID_00141.AVS" --bitrate 3563 --level 4.1 --sar 1:1 --aud --vbv-bufsize 14500 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --vbv-maxrate 17500 --filter 0,0 --subme 2 --me dia --bframes 3 --direct auto --weightb --partitions none --trellis 0 --analyse none --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --stats "E:\WORKING\WORKFILES\VID_00141.AVS.264.stats" --pass 1 --output NUL

avis [error]: unsupported input format (DIB )
x264 [error]: could not open input file 'E:\WORKING\WORKFILES\VID_00141.AVS'

I am able to open the avs file in MPC and it plays fine. I also use ripBot264 and that works fine too. I wanted to try BD-Rebuiler but so far I haven't had any success. I am not sure what i am missing. I have checked all the settings and they all seem fine.
archie_here is offline   Reply With Quote