Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10th July 2011, 16:10   #181  |  Link
Rumbah

Ok, thanks, then I've done it the right way.

Btw thanks for this script, I'm impressed with the result. When watching it frame by frame you'll notice errors but in motion it's great for the "normal" watcher.
Rumbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 21:38   #182  |  Link
DeathTheSheep
<The VFW Sheep of Death>

Quote:
Originally Posted by edison View Post
searchparam=1 works

Searchparam=2 is the best of all worlds. I just tried my script (see previous post) with your source with perfect results.

I will repeat this ad nauseam: for searchparam, anything higher than 2 is placebo, folly, or destructive, not helpful. I've shown many examples and others have, too. Make sure to change all references to "searchparam" to 2 in your script if they are higher.
DeathTheSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 00:20   #183  |  Link
SubJunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbah View Post
Ok, thanks, then I've done it the right way.

Btw thanks for this script, I'm impressed with the result. When watching it frame by frame you'll notice errors but in motion it's great for the "normal" watcher.
You're very welcome, thanks for the support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathTheSheep View Post
Searchparam=2 is the best of all worlds. I just tried my script (see previous post) with your source with perfect results.

I will repeat this ad nauseam: for searchparam, anything higher than 2 is placebo, folly, or destructive, not helpful. I've shown many examples and others have, too. Make sure to change all references to "searchparam" to 2 in your script if they are higher.
For the record I still disagree
SubJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 11:03   #184  |  Link
PALpilot

Hi,

Again, superb tool. But I have another great use for it. I make HDR timelapse shots of landscapes from a tripod. I use my Canon 550D and the Magic Lantern application. I use an interval of 3-4 seconds and I use InterFrame to interpolate the in between frames so I get a movie.
So 1 HDR picture, 6-10 frames interpolated, next HDR picture. This results in a more alive landscape with small movements in trees. And InterFrame does a superb job interpolation cloudmovements so you can get a timelapse movie out of like 6 pictures.

I might stick with 1.10 sometimes because of the super smooth pans.

Note it doesn't work for some situations like running water of course.
PALpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 19:49   #185  |  Link
edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathTheSheep View Post

script of #136 not works.

edison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 22:00   #186  |  Link
SubJunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALpilot View Post
Hi,

Again, superb tool. But I have another great use for it. I make HDR timelapse shots of landscapes from a tripod. I use my Canon 550D and the Magic Lantern application. I use an interval of 3-4 seconds and I use InterFrame to interpolate the in between frames so I get a movie.
So 1 HDR picture, 6-10 frames interpolated, next HDR picture. This results in a more alive landscape with small movements in trees. And InterFrame does a superb job interpolation cloudmovements so you can get a timelapse movie out of like 6 pictures.

I might stick with 1.10 sometimes because of the super smooth pans.

Note it doesn't work for some situations like running water of course.
I've seen that effect before, too, in this video for one. It looks great
Yeah it was a hard decision to trade smoothness for accuracy, really hard. I still question the decision sometimes, but oh well. Maybe I will change the smooth tuning to be like the regular one was in 1.10 so that users like you can continue to update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edison View Post
script of #136 not works.
Yes, for those types of errors usually changing searchparam to 2 will do nothing, only changing it to 1 will often fix it and even then sometimes not. The only sure fix is to use blksize 32 (like I said before)
Old 13th July 2011, 00:06   #187  |  Link
Didée

Let's drop some hints.

In regard to those false-motion "jalousie window" artifacts shown on the last pages ...

Anyone ever spent a thought why this nasty artifact often occurs in areas of big local contrast (plus repetitive patterns, to make it worse).

A block with small local contrast typically has smaller SADs to blocks similar to it.

A block with big spatial contrast typically has bigger SADs to blocks similar to it.

Isn't it obvious that

"SAD_related_threshold = ONE_FIXED_VALUE_FOR_ALL_BLOCKS_NO_MATTER_THEIR_CHARACTERISTICS"

is going to give problems? The job is to identify motion. It doesn't matter if a moving block contains only weak detail, or very strong detail - here, "motion" is just a vector, and the vector by itself is not related to the block's content.

Still, the search engine will come to different decisions for either block type, because of the fixed thresholds. What is considered "good" for a soft block might be considered "bad" for a hard block. Or vice versa.

(The bell has been ringing for years now .... Basically I'm praying this since back in MVTools1 days)

Oh, one more hint:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempGaussMC_beta
Code:
# Create clip for motion search.
# Trick: weight-in a gaussian blur, to reduce    #  (Needed to later make MVDegrain work as expected ...the "SAD concept" doesn't fit
#        local contrast of the searchclip.       #   to the realities -- so, let's tailor the realities to fit the darn concept ...)
This is not merely funny. It's one major key (out of two) why the whole shebang actually works ....

Of course, you can continue to work around the problem by shrinking, shrinking, shrinking the actual motion search, like repeatedly suggested on the recent pages. Once you fully inhibit MVTools' motion search, you can be sure that it doesnt find "false motion" anymore.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 00:46   #188  |  Link
SubJunk

I have never recommended shrinking motion search, it has only been a quick suggestion for specific videos. Actually, the only change I have made in the code has been to increase the default searchparam from 3 to 4
As always, if you have an improvement to the script I'm happy to try it.
Old 20th July 2011, 08:17   #189  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

Avisynth open failure:
Script error: there is no function named "MFinest"
(InterFrame.avsi, line 132)
(InterFrame.avsi, line 50)

Ah. mvtools 2.5.11.6 is needed. My fault. I was on 2.5.11.2 16bit.

Last edited by Emulgator; 20th July 2011 at 08:24.
Emulgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 11:29   #190  |  Link
SubJunk

Glad you figured it
Old 21st July 2011, 09:34   #191  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

many thanks, SubJunk ! Interframe works quite good to get some framerepeat-flagged AVCHDLite 1280x720x25p to more fluid 1280x720x50p.

A smallish suggestion: Working in varying OSes it may become tedious to hand edit any plugin paths when swapping machines.

A global variable helps here:

Code:
#To automate varying plugin call paths a script named AviSynthPluginsDir.avsi has to reside in AviSynths plugins directory.
#It uses the call GetWorkingDir() which requires GetSystemEnv.dll by stickboy to be in AviSynths plugins folder.
#AviSynthPluginsDir.avsi contains only one line: global AviSynthPluginsDir = GetWorkingDir()
Now any script may call its respective plugins, even in separate folders.

Version for the "single big bag of plugins":

Code:
InterFrame(FlowPath=AviSynthPluginsDir)
Version for separated plugin folders where a folder named "InterFramePlugins" shall contain the plugins to be loaded exclusively for InterFrame:

Code:
InterFrame(FlowPath=AviSynthPluginsDir + "InterFramePlugins/")
Unfortunately I don't seem to get a 64-bit GetSystemEnv.dll. Did anybody find or build one ?

Last edited by Emulgator; 21st July 2011 at 09:57.
Emulgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 00:21   #192  |  Link
SubJunk

Hi Emulgator, I'm glad you like it, thanks for the feedback
With regards to the suggestion, it seems like that is something that would be better left to the user, rather than me including it. Some people like to have their plugins in different directories from eachother that are nowhere near the default one so I think the current system is more flexible for everyone
Old 11th September 2011, 22:34   #193  |  Link
SubJunk

1.12 is released, enjoy

I should also note that I was experiencing stability problems with SET's recent AviSynth 2.6 update (2011.07.19) with most scripts, so if you use his builds and have been getting crashes I recommend going back to his 2009.09.19 build
Old 12th September 2011, 10:07   #194  |  Link
Yellow_

I'm enjoying using your Interframe script, but wonder if there is any way to minimise the warping effect around movement, same problem with Twixtor I believe, any sort of masking that can be done?
Yellow_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 13:59   #195  |  Link
SubJunk

There are developments happening with the SVP developers right now that improve that by making the forward and backward vector information synchronised instead of separate.
It isn't released publicly yet, though. When it is I will update InterFrame for it
Old 16th September 2011, 02:41   #196  |  Link
SubJunk

1.12.1 is released
Old 9th October 2011, 10:31   #197  |  Link
Shah Jahan

I'm using your Guide to framedoubling/60FPS conversion and at moving objects it creates a hazy vapor like thing at moving objects and I'm not sure if I'm using the Placebo preset. How to select the preset for encoding? I know how to for real time, but the guide for encoding doesn't mention on how to do it for encoding? I'd want to use the Placebo preset, if it's not already. Is there any way to make it work with MediaCoder?

And when you update your realtime versions, then do you also update the encoding versions or do we have to do it manually? If yes, then how?

Thank you.

Last edited by Shah Jahan; 9th October 2011 at 12:05.
Shah Jahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 21:16   #198  |  Link
SubJunk

The guide download and the InterFrame download are updated at the same time.
The placebo tuning won't offer big improvements, it is only slightly better.
The hazy vapor will still be there on placebo tuning. There are quality improvements coming soon.
Old 11th October 2011, 14:36   #199  |  Link
Shah Jahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubJunk View Post
The guide download and the InterFrame download are updated at the same time.
The placebo tuning won't offer big improvements, it is only slightly better.
The hazy vapor will still be there on placebo tuning. There are quality improvements coming soon.
Thanks for the reply.
So what are the current settings used in encoding? (Placebo, medium...?)
Can you please make different encoding settings (like it is for realtime encoding) and post it on your website OR kindly give me the placebo settings for encoding?
Can you please give any tentative date about the next version which has some quality improvements? Or atleast allude if it's within days/weeks/months?

Thank you.
Shah Jahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 22:59   #200  |  Link
SubJunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shah Jahan View Post
Thanks for the reply.
So what are the current settings used in encoding? (Placebo, medium...?)
By default it's Medium and you can change it to whatever you like by specifying "Preset"

Quote:
Can you please make different encoding settings (like it is for realtime encoding) and post it on your website OR kindly give me the placebo settings for encoding?
I'm not sure what you mean. The script is always the same whether realtime or not. Please see the documentation, it is linked to from the first post and is in the download.

Quote:
Can you please give any tentative date about the next version which has some quality improvements? Or atleast allude if it's within days/weeks/months?
I guess weeks.

Tags
48fps, 60fps, framedoubling, interframe, smooth motion