Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 25th December 2008, 12:09   #41  |  Link
MikeyBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBK View Post
I'm also getting an error out... screenshots below

I'm probably not setting ffdshow up properly?
Seems that this is not a bug, but rather user misconfiguration by me... sorry JD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBK View Post
Also, I am getting the wrong m2ts for movie only as well. House Bunny, single m2ts for main movie, but chooses a 179 MB vid
screenshot attached
This however is a bug , and confirmed again on another.
Old 25th December 2008, 12:12   #42  |  Link
jdobbs

I need to probably add a bug output option that says how long BD-RB thinks a Playlist is... apparently some of the extras are somehow looking as if they are longer than the feature...
Old 25th December 2008, 12:19   #43  |  Link
vwpassion

I've ran another backup and this time everything seemed to go well, according to the log, however two m2ts files apparently were a bad mux as they are 0bytes. When i try to resume the job, the same thing happens, two m2ts resulting in 0bytes (main movie being one of them). In the working dir all files (h264, audio, etc) seem to be ok with proper sizes.

Edit: Just ran another disc through bd-rb and right at the beginning, when it finished encoding a trailer, tsmuxer.exe suddenly crashed (encountered a problem and needs to close). The muxing seems to be buggy, if that helps in any way

Last edited by vwpassion; 25th December 2008 at 12:25.
vwpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 12:20   #44  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

I'm not sure what happened, but now when I start BD rebuilder and point it to a mounted ISO of my decrypted Blu-ray (Cowboy Bebop Movie), it pops up and says "Run-time error '6': Overflow."
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 12:24   #45  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post
I'm not sure what happened, but now when I start BD rebuilder and point it to a mounted ISO of my decrypted Blu-ray (Cowboy Bebop Movie), it pops up and says "Run-time error '6': Overflow."
Where is it in the log? Does it happen when you select it, or when you try to run it?
Old 25th December 2008, 12:26   #46  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwpassion View Post
Getting to the bottom of this... Reset ffdshow settings and reset some directshowsource merits, and now vc-1 and avc m2ts files can be opened and bd-rb doesnt crash on those. However, the following avs script can't be processed:

Error is: YV12 or YUY2 data only.

Is there a ConvertToYUY2() missing?

Edit: Checked YV12 in ffdshow's output colourspace and now it works like a charm
I guess I'm making too many assumptions based upon my own setup... I've added a "ConvertToYV12()" line in the generated AVS files. I'm testing to make sure it doesn't screw something else up.
Old 25th December 2008, 12:27   #47  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Where is it in the log? Does it happen when you select it, or when you try to run it?
When I select the drive for input.

What log are you referring to? I don't see any log file in the BD Rebuilder folder.

Edit: OK, and now the error has magically gone away after repeating the same steps 5 times, but it won't recognize my BD disk even though it worked yesterday... rather odd. (nothing shows up in what should be the list of video tracks/audio tracks).
Old 25th December 2008, 12:32   #48  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I've ran another backup and this time everything seemed to go well, according to the log, however two m2ts files apparently were a bad mux as they are 0bytes. When i try to resume the job, the same thing happens, two m2ts resulting in 0bytes (main movie being one of them). In the working dir all files (h264, audio, etc) seem to be ok with proper sizes.

Edit: Just ran another disc through bd-rb and right at the beginning, when it finished encoding a trailer, tsmuxer.exe suddenly crashed (encountered a problem and needs to close). The muxing seems to be buggy, if that helps in any way
You're not going through a network connection to the drive are you? I ran into a similar issue a while back that was similar. But it (TSMUXER) worked correctly when the drive was local. I never figured it out -- and didn't see it again, so I put it on a back-burner.
Old 25th December 2008, 12:35   #49  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
When I select the drive for input.

What log are you referring to? I don't see any log file in the BD Rebuilder folder.

Edit: OK, and now the error has magically gone away after repeating the same steps 5 times, but it won't recognize my BD disk even though it worked yesterday... rather odd. (nothing shows up in what should be the list of video tracks/audio tracks).
So this is a mounted ISO, right? Hmm... I've been copying directories to the hard drive for my tests. Let me read one down as an ISO, mount it, and see what I get. It really shouldn't make a difference, but you never know. I use Daemon Tools for the mounting -- is that also true in your case?
Old 25th December 2008, 12:39   #50  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
So this is a mounted ISO, right? Hmm... I've been copying directories to the hard drive for my tests. Let me read one down as an ISO, mount it, and see what I get. It really shouldn't make a difference, but you never know. I use Daemon Tools for the mounting -- is that also true in your case?
Yes, Daemon Tools as well here. But whatever the issue is, it seems like a Heisenbug considering that it worked just fine yesterday.

By the way, another issue I had is that if I point BD Rebuilder to a working directory that it can't access, it will sometimes (but not always) shut down with an error message--and sometimes (but not always) be unable to start back up without deleting the ini file, because it again tries to open the unreadable directory and then shuts down again.

I hope deleting the ini file doesn't have any relation to the first problem...
Old 25th December 2008, 12:39   #51  |  Link
vwpassion

Quote:
You're not going through a network connection to the drive are you? I ran into a similar issue a while back that was similar. But it (TSMUXER) worked correctly when the drive was local. I never figured it out -- and didn't see it again, so I put it on a back-burner.
No. It's a local drive.
Old 25th December 2008, 12:54   #52  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
No. It's a local drive.
Could you try doing the mux manually from the command line? I'd like to see what error is being generated. The .META file that BD-RB creates should be in the working directory for each M2TS file. The format for the muxing command line is:

x:\pathtoBD-RB\tools\tsmuxer.exe x:\pathto\MUX_000XX.META x:\TMP

x:\pathto of course changes based upon where you put BD-RB and where you want it to output.
Old 25th December 2008, 13:03   #53  |  Link
Easy123

So, ran a complete BD Backup that Night. Also tested the "Resume Feature", for which I interrupted an Encode and it continued. After the last Audio reencoding, rebuild fails with "Run-Time Error 9: Subscript out of range". No chance to take a look at the log because Application was simply shut down. System log only tells that the Application "hung" and was terminated. LASTCMD.TXT contains the Instruction to reencode the Main Movie (00000.m2ts).

My System:

AMD Phenom 9550, 4GB RAM, Vista x32 (SP1)
Attached Images

Easy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 13:30   #54  |  Link
vwpassion

Quote:
Could you try doing the mux manually from the command line? I'd like to see what error is being generated. The .META file that BD-RB creates should be in the working directory for each M2TS file. The format for the muxing command line is:

x:\pathtoBD-RB\tools\tsmuxer.exe x:\pathto\MUX_000XX.META x:\TMP

x:\pathto of course changes based upon where you put BD-RB and where you want it to output.
Here it goes:

Code:
SmartLabs tsMuxeR.  Version 1.8.4(b) http://www.smlabs.net
Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.1  Resolution: 1920:1080p  Frame
 rate: 23.976
H.264 manual setted fps not equal stream fps. Change H.264 fps from 23.976 to 23

0.0% complete
H264 bitstream changed: insert pict timing and buffering period SEI units
Decoding PGS stream (track 2):  Resolution: 1920:1080  Frame rate: 23.976
Change FPS from 23.976 to 23 for PGS stream #2
Non standart fps value do not supported for PGS streams
Edit: Here's the meta file:

Code:
MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --blu-ray --vbr --auto-chapters=5 --vbv-len=500
V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, "H:\BLURAY\ENCODES\BD_REBUILDER_WORK\WORKFILES\VID_00004.AVS.264", fps=23,976, insertSEI, contSPS
S_HDMV/PGS, "H:\BLURAY\ENCODES\BD_REBUILDER_WORK\WORKFILES\00004.track_4608.sup", fps=23,976, lang=und

Last edited by vwpassion; 25th December 2008 at 13:59.
Old 25th December 2008, 14:06   #55  |  Link
DVD Maniac

Sorry to report a new glitch. I abandoned A few good men and have tried Dirty Harry (simpler structure). Things start well (so hopefully this proves my codecs are now working OK), until I get to the 4th m2ts where at the end of encoding I get a crash message for "wavi.exe". Rebuilder error is ReencodeAudio 00006 and then runtime error 424 - object required. Might be due to AnyDVD settings so I will try another.
DVD Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 14:57   #56  |  Link
jdobbs

@vwpassion

Thanks for the post. I think I see the problem there. Apparently I must have used formatting for output of the framerate that adjusts for european decimals... I think it should say "23.976" in the .META rather than "23,976". Can you manually modify it and see what happens?

Thanks.
Old 25th December 2008, 14:59   #57  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Maniac View Post
Sorry to report a new glitch. I abandoned A few good men and have tried Dirty Harry (simpler structure). Things start well (so hopefully this proves my codecs are now working OK), until I get to the 4th m2ts where at the end of encoding I get a crash message for "wavi.exe". Rebuilder error is ReencodeAudio 00006 and then runtime error 424 - object required. Might be due to AnyDVD settings so I will try another.
WAVI accepts input from AVS files so BD-RB can reencode them. Can you try to playback the AVS associated with that audio file (it should be an AVS in the WORKFILES directory that starts with "AUD_" followed by the M2TS number.
Old 25th December 2008, 15:30   #58  |  Link
vwpassion

Quote:
@vwpassion

Thanks for the post. I think I see the problem there. Apparently I must have used formatting for output of the framerate that adjusts for european decimals... I think it should say "23.976" in the .META rather than "23,976". Can you manually modify it and see what happens?

Thanks.
Yep, you're spot on. When I change it to "23.976" the mux is successful.
Old 25th December 2008, 16:12   #59  |  Link
DVD Maniac

Quote:
WAVI accepts input from AVS files so BD-RB can reencode them. Can you try to playback the AVS associated with that audio file (it should be an AVS in the WORKFILES directory that starts with "AUD_" followed by the M2TS number.
Will do after I finish another trial with movie test3 (Speed). A question on this seems important here - in the early days of Rebuilder I remember we had issues when vob editors and strippers were used as pre processors. AnyDVD's facility to remove "Unwanted Extras" may be an issue - of the trials you have been running, to what extent have you ripped "clean" or with pre processing applied - this is probably the root cause of many of the prelimanry issues we are discussing here.
DVD Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 16:41   #60  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
I had started BD-RB on a mounted BD disc and it appeared to be working fine, though I aborted it after I observed it was working (would otherwise take a day or two to complete for my P4). What I really wanted to see was his Pass 1 and Pass 2 commands but I didn't let it run past Pass 1.

Later I thought to try & open a smaller Blu-ray folder structure I'd made already on my hdd (w/BDMV and CERT folders, not on a DVD5/9) and I got the same run-time error as Dark.

Anyway just thought I'd chime-in, and also say "Thanks!" to jdobbs for putting this present under our trees...
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote