Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th March 2003, 18:32   #41  |  Link
devilmaycry

To 2cool or anyone,

Yes, I have tried this method of 2cool on this one cartoon episode dvd 9. But I cant get the ifos to work properly. okay, here is what i am doing. After getting the vobs to be compressed by dvd2one 1.02 there are several ifo and bu files and video_ts. Anyway, according to 2cools instructions, I start up ifoupdate and update the ifo according to its original and its author ifos. But after pressing correct sector, it pops up an error saying video_ts doesnt work and have to be aborted. Is it suppose to do this?

Well, in 2cools instructions, it says that we can delete the ifos both in the dvd2one and episode folder. Does this mean that we do not have any ifos that we just created but just the original ones?? Or are we suppose to bring in these updated ifos and replace the old ones?

Thirdly, after doing everything to the vobs, do we bring these new vobs and replace them in the original folder? And which video_ts file are we suppose to open up in ifoedit?

Thank you. Please help me out. I really appreciate it.
devilmaycry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2003, 20:56   #42  |  Link
xmenxmen

Say your vob are 02_VTS set.

You created the new set with ifo.

Rename the set to 01_VTS since IFOedit only creates 01_VTS ifo.

Run DVD2one against it.

Rename new DVD2one vobs back to 02_VTS.

Run Ifoupdate, original would be 02_VTS.ifo file inside the original rip directory.

Author would be the 01_VTS.ifo file.

Ensure mode is Adjust Cell.

Now update.

Copy/Move 02_VTS vobs onto original rip directory.

Done.
Old 6th March 2003, 21:03   #43  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Quote:
Originally posted by devilmaycry
Anyway, according to 2cools instructions, I start up ifoupdate and update the ifo according to its original and its author ifos. But after pressing correct sector, it pops up an error saying video_ts doesnt work and have to be aborted. Is it suppose to do this?
Hmmm...I had my IFOupdate in Standard mode when I updated. If not, try using Adjusted Cell Mode with Option "Auto Analyze Original IFO" checked. I hope you selected the correct IFO in your original folder that is associated with the VOBs you compressed in DVD2One at the time.

Quote:
Well, in 2cools instructions, it says that we can delete the ifos both in the dvd2one and episode folder. Does this mean that we do not have any ifos that we just created but just the original ones??
Okay, according to my instructions, you should have all your episode VOBs, excluding *_0.VOB, in your "Episode" folder. It doesn't matter is you copied or dragged them into this folder. As long as they are present. After you get your calculated sizes for your episodes, the next step was to copy over one episode IFO into your "Episode" folder. I mentioned that you need to do one IFO at a time or else if you moved all your associated IFOs to your episode VOBs, You would get a big list of all your titles in the second page of DVD2One. I would be confusing for some trying to select the correct title to the episode you are going to work on. If you did one at a time, you definitely know which one you are working on.

The next steps after DVD2One has compressed your episode VOBs is to rename and drag them into your Original folder. You must drag your original VOBs, if present, of the episode you're working on to another folder or delete them. IFOupdate and preview. If no problems then you can delete you IFOs in your "Episode" folder and "DVD2One". Remember in step 5, you "copied" over your IFO. Since your episode you worked on tested good then we don't need to work on it no more so you can delete as it is just a copy. As for your DVD2One files, it's going to be over written anyways when you repeat the procedures for the next episode title.

Quote:
Or are we suppose to bring in these updated ifos and replace the old ones?
You shouldn't have to "bring in" your updated IFOs. Your original IFOs remains in your Original folder at ALL times. I hope you didn't "dragged" it into your Episode folder as I stated that you should have copied it over. IFOupdate updates your original IFO using your DVD2One VTS_01_0.IFO as your authored IFO.

Quote:
Thirdly, after doing everything to the vobs, do we bring these new vobs and replace them in the original folder?
Yes, but have to rename them as the same titleset as the episode VOBs you were working on. DVD2One, by default, always produces VTS_01 files. So if you worked on VTS_02, you have to rename before you drag.

Quote:
And which video_ts file are we suppose to open up in ifoedit?
I don't quite understand this question. If you want to view your movie in your original folder, just open up any IFO and press DVDplay.
Old 13th May 2003, 15:33   #44  |  Link
ZIZZI

I don't found the link to Download Excel Spreadsheet Resize Calculator...
2cool!!! can you help me?
ZIZZI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2003, 06:50   #45  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Quote:
Originally posted by ZIZZI
I don't found the link to Download Excel Spreadsheet Resize Calculator...
2cool!!! can you help me?
There's has been problems lately on attachments. Read this thread. I hope it gets corrected soon. If not, send me a PM with an email address so that I can send it to you.
Old 27th July 2003, 21:44   #46  |  Link
jedster

attachments

any idea when attachments will be back up?
jedster is offline   Reply With Quote