Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 20th October 2004, 08:21   #41  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

1.- I think so.

2.- As 2COOL says in the guide the right choice in this case is to UNcheck the option: "Playback results using remote audio button: You will only see the displays for your kept audio"

3.- 2COOL's example is a "normal" DVD. There are other, let's say, more tricky, and, i.e. audio 1 points to stream 3, audio 2 points to stream 1... Not sure, but may be these are the ones that cause your problems.

jsoto

EDIT: I believe we are running completely out of topic in this thread. May be its better to open a new one if you want to continue the discussion...

Last edited by jsoto; 20th October 2004 at 08:23.
jsoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2004, 11:16   #42  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

you're probably right, jsoto, I'll end the discussion here with this one last point:

In the stickied post MenuEdit Q&A, Dimad points out the very same problem:

Quote:
III) You want to delete some audio/subtitle streams from your DVD.

Problem: There are actually 2 problems. One is similar to Ia and can be resolved using proposed solution for Ia. Another is not as obvious: streams indexing will change after removal of some of them. Now buttons in language/subtitle selection menus will instruct player to select stream different from what is written on the button.
Solution: IMHO best way of removing such things is to use IfoEdit. It completely removes streams and accurately corrects ifo files. Use IfoEdit to find out new streams ordering. Use MenuEdit to edit commands associated with corresponding buttons.
And when you think of it, it must be a very common problem when removing audio streams, lige I've experienced... However, unfortunately Dimad doesn't describe in details how to remove audio streams with IfoEdit, how to yse IfoEdit to find out new streams ordering, and how to use MenuEdit to edit commands associated with corresponding buttons.

Can anyone help me with this? If yes, please start a new thread with a link to this discussion here...

CoNS is offline   Reply With Quote