Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Closed Thread

Old 28th March 2012, 11:15   #1101  |  Link
DiKey
Videomaker

Please, help.
I downloaded and copied to their places:
1.QTGMC v3.32 + English Instructions
2. Modded Plugins Package

And it says something about missing msvcr71.dll. I found it at "Intel drivers" and copied to plugins directory.
Then error disappeared, but now I have:
===================================================================
avs [error]: LoadPlugin: unable to load "C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plu
gins\SSE2Tools.dll"
(QTGMC-3.32.avsi, line 350)
(01bob.avs, line 2)
=========================================================
Then I downloaded and replaced with:
"Plugins Package" (non modded), but it did not help.

What am I do wrong?
Thank you.
P.S. My input is YUY2. But I do not know, how to use mt_masktools-25.dll... (For YUY2 input you must use mt_masktools-25.dll)
P.P.S. I decided to download - (SSE2Tools for YUY2 support (take only SSE2Tools.dll from this zip - do not take the SSE3 version nor the RemoveGrain or Repair dlls)) - but the link is broken.

Last edited by DiKey; 28th March 2012 at 11:25.
Old 28th March 2012, 12:49   #1102  |  Link
kolak

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vit- View Post

- Use SET's MT 2.6 only
- Use the modded plugins from the pack in the first post. Although you can safely use cretindesalpe's more recent MVTools in dither tools as well (good idea in fact)
- Use this tool (or similar) to make your encoding application is "Large Address Aware" if it isn't already. Doing this will allow you to use a larger SetMemoryMax values safely

Large Address Aware trick improves QTGMC usability a lot- at least for me.
Old 28th March 2012, 14:23   #1103  |  Link
Taurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiKey View Post
Please, help.
I downloaded and copied to their places:
1.QTGMC v3.32 + English Instructions
2. Modded Plugins Package

And it says something about missing msvcr71.dll. I found it at "Intel drivers" and copied to plugins directory.
Then error disappeared, but now I have:
===================================================================
avs [error]: LoadPlugin: unable to load "C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plu
gins\SSE2Tools.dll"
(QTGMC-3.32.avsi, line 350)
(01bob.avs, line 2)
=========================================================
Then I downloaded and replaced with:
"Plugins Package" (non modded), but it did not help.

What am I do wrong?
Thank you.
P.S. My input is YUY2. But I do not know, how to use mt_masktools-25.dll... (For YUY2 input you must use mt_masktools-25.dll)
P.P.S. I decided to download - (SSE2Tools for YUY2 support (take only SSE2Tools.dll from this zip - do not take the SSE3 version nor the RemoveGrain or Repair dlls)) - but the link is broken.
msvcr71.dll and MSVCP71.dll are part of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005 SP1 (or was it 2008)
I guess your on Win7. Copy the dll's to Windows/SysWOW64 folder if on Win7/64bit. Expecting you use 32bit applications.
Or to Windows/System32 if your on Win7/32bit.
For 64bit access you need different versions.

The link to removegrain is not broken. Just tried it.
And please read the instructions carefully on first page of this thread.
-Vit- explained everything very well.
Even your YUY2 problem.
And make sure there are no other plugins with same or similar names in your plugin dir or hell will come over you
Old 28th March 2012, 14:27   #1104  |  Link
DiKey
Videomaker

Now it works. But very slowly. One hour ago it did not.

Last edited by DiKey; 28th March 2012 at 14:30.
Old 28th March 2012, 14:36   #1105  |  Link
DiKey
Videomaker

A add "ConverttoYV12(interlaced=true)" string, and now it works perfectly.

But I made a lot of tests and see, that 2 runs with equal parameters can give me 2 different coding times. From 4 to 7 fps. Why?

Cire i7-920, 24Gb RAM, Win7-x64
Old 29th March 2012, 07:11   #1106  |  Link
nhope
partially-informed layman

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vit- View Post
- Use this tool (or similar) to make your encoding application is "Large Address Aware" if it isn't already. Doing this will allow you to use a larger SetMemoryMax values safely
Does anyone know if the latest MeGUI and Virtualdub are already "large address aware"?
Old 29th March 2012, 11:06   #1107  |  Link
Taurus

Quote:
But I made a lot of tests and see, that 2 runs with equal parameters can give me 2 different coding times. From 4 to 7 fps. Why?

Cire i7-920, 24Gb RAM, Win7-x64
From the specs of your machine I assume you should get much higher fps.
If you get different fps values for the same script setup,
there is something slowing it down in the background..
Antivirus, updaters, power management, cpu throttle, disk access, etc...
Assuming you encode directly to x264.
And try Avisynth MT.
It's a whole lot faster.
See -Vit-'s suggestions on page one.
Simple sample script should look like this:

Code:
SetMemoryMax(800) # depends on how much memory and OS...
SetMTMode(3,*) * depends on available processors and stability
ffvideosource("your file here.mkv") # or mpeg2source, avisource, directshowsource, etc.
SetMTMode(2)
QTGMC() # your settings here
# Distributor() # only for some encoders needed, try it.
# return(last) # might help at some stability problems.
For SD script can be tweaked up.
For HD content down
Old 29th March 2012, 18:06   #1108  |  Link
DiKey
Videomaker

Thank you for your post. I have so low speed because of my 1440x1080@25i video is frameserving from Premiere CS5.5 to Avisynthm where it converting to YV12, then QTGMC to 1440x1080@50p, then bilinear downsampling to 1280x720@50p, then go to x264 and compressing to AVC.
Of course i useing MT Avisynth, else ot was TOOOO slow. :-) (about 3.8fps from 50fps of realtime = more then 13realtimes).
Now I have only 5 realtimes. It is very bad, but I cannot have more.
I tried to use Premier`s Mercury Cuda Accelerated 1440x1080@25i=>1280х720@50p converting with frameserving to x264. It was faster, then realtime, but it was ugly (blured)!
Old 29th March 2012, 20:33   #1109  |  Link
-Vit-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhope View Post
Does anyone know if the latest MeGUI and Virtualdub are already "large address aware"?
VirtualDub is not.
MeGUI does not do the encoding itself, so its status is unimportant, instead you need to consider which encoder is used. x264 is large address aware so if you encode direct to x264 you're OK. However, if you use a "pre-render job" I believe it uses FFMpeg, which is not large address aware. All the encoder executables are in the MeGUI\tools subfolder.
Old 30th March 2012, 00:20   #1110  |  Link
henryho_hk

Quote:
then QTGMC to 1440x1080@50p, then bilinear downsampling to 1280x720@50p
If you are worrying about blurriness, why are you using bilinear resize?

I use:
degrainmedian(mode=2, interlaced=true)
qtgmc(preset="Fast", tr2=3, BlockSize=16, Overlap=4) # add edithreads=1, DftThreads=1 if doing multi-process encode
spline36resize(1280,720)

And 1440x1080 looks like a DV camera. Are you sure that it is 50p? It may be 50i or even 25p. We do not need QTGMC() for 50p or 25p. You should use eac3to to remux a motion clip as MKV and verify the video frames.
Old 30th March 2012, 07:07   #1111  |  Link
DiKey
Videomaker

because bilinear interpolation must be using for downsampling. Others for upsampling.
Bilinear for downsampling is better (i think so), and it is much faster.

Of course it is 50i (or 25i ?) and I am converting this video using QTGMC to 50p.

Last edited by DiKey; 30th March 2012 at 22:01.
Old 30th March 2012, 21:18   #1112  |  Link
kolak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhope View Post
This tool made a big difference on my machine- now I can use most of the 6 cores i7 power in Vdub. Still quite slow for HD even with very fast presets
Old 30th March 2012, 22:01   #1113  |  Link
DiKey
Videomaker

I edited my previous post.
Old 31st March 2012, 04:14   #1114  |  Link
henryho_hk

Quote:
Bilinear for downsampling is better (i think so), and it is much faster.
Yup, when the bitrate is tight.

Quote:
Of course it is 50i (or 25i ?) and I am converting this video using QTGMC to 50p.
Great that your camera captures true 50i footage. My GX1 (digital camera) captures 1080 at 25p but flag it at a weird way to pretend as 50i, and the QTGMC() didn't work well.

Last edited by henryho_hk; 31st March 2012 at 04:17.
Old 31st March 2012, 10:14   #1115  |  Link
TheSkiller

@henryho_hk If your camera captures 25p (no matter the flags) it is not interlaced and therefore there is no point in having it deinterlaced. That means QTGMC deinterlacing will do damage, as any kind of deinterlacing does on non-interlaced footage.
Old 31st March 2012, 13:01   #1116  |  Link
henryho_hk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkiller View Post
@henryho_hk If your camera captures 25p (no matter the flags) it is not interlaced
If I load those m2ts files into ffvideosource, it will look something like interlaced or hybrid. I must demux it into .264 using tsMuxeR to get the progressive footage back.
Old 1st April 2012, 02:37   #1117  |  Link
hydra3333

Seeking suggestions. I have avisynth 2.5.7 (tsp's MT, want to keep its rock solid stability), a new i7-3820 4-core, 16Gb mem ... and this code.

Code:
SetMemoryMax(1024)  
#   ipp=true interlaced post-processing
#   cpu=4    DEBLOCK_Y_H, DEBLOCK_Y_V, DEBLOCK_C_H, DEBLOCK_C_V 
#   cpu=6    DEBLOCK_Y_H, DEBLOCK_Y_V, DEBLOCK_C_H, DEBLOCK_C_V, DERING_Y, DERING_C
MPEG2Source("d2v-file-from-dgindex.d2v",info=0,ipp=true,cpu=6)  # DEBLOCK and DERING
echo AssumeFPS(25)
echo AssumeTFF()  
QTGMC(Preset="Slower",EdiThreads=2,Sharpness=1.2,SLMode=1) # result is double framerate progressive, so re-interlate it later 
AssumeTFF() 
Blur(0,0.5).SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4,0,3).Weave() #reinterlace - ASSUMED TFF HERE # BLUR(0,1) per http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...08#post1488308
Code:
X264.EXE --thread-input --profile high --level 4.1 --preset slow --interlaced --tff --no-cabac --bitrate 7000 --sar 16:11 --colormatrix bt470bg -o temp.mp4 avsinp.avs
Runs at circa 4fps. The main function is deblocking PAL 576i fast sports action on a very large grassed outdoor arena, blocking caused by poor 4Mbps broadcast mpeg2 bitrate when the broadcaster should be using up around 9Mb bitrate or more. A slight variation of the script is also used on PAL 1440x1080i, where the broadcaster also uses pitiful bitrates to make it almost unwatchable except for the ads QTGMC does a fantastic job ironing out the deblocked source and sharpening it a bit.

Is there any way to speed this up, eg changes to permit multithreading, more threads in QTGMC, etc without reducing any quality handling by QTGMC ?

Last edited by hydra3333; 1st April 2012 at 02:45.
Old 1st April 2012, 05:36   #1118  |  Link
nhope
partially-informed layman

A little stronger scene detection?

I am using QTGMC and then MFlowFps to get 480-59.94p from PAL DV, for later reinterlacing for an NTSC DVD:

Code:
SetMemoryMax(1024)
SetMTMode(3, 6)
AviSource("d:\fs.avi") # Frameserved uncompressed RGB24 from PAL DV
AssumeBFF()
SetMTMode(2)
ConvertToYUY2(interlaced=true)
QTGMC( Preset="Slower", SubPel=2, EdiThreads=2, Sourcematch=3, Lossless=2 )
super = MSuper(levels=1, pel=2)
MFlowFps(super, QTGMC_bVec1, QTGMC_fVec1, num=60000, den=1001, blend=false)
Spline36Resize(720,480)
AssumeFPS(59.94)
It's working great most of the time but very occasionally the scene detection threshold is a little low and I get a couple of motion interpolated frames instead of a cut:

First clip

Second clip

Interpolated frame

If I was just generating vectors with MAnalyze then it seems that I would be able to resolve this by tweaking thSCD1 and/or thSCD2. However since I'm re-using the vectors from QTGMC, it's not that simple.

Should I edit those threshold values within the QTGMC.avsi itself (lines 291 & 292)? If so, what values might be recommended wihout messing up the functionality?
Or should I create new vectors with MAnalyse?
Or should I just manually split the original footage at these occasional problem scene-changes?
Old 1st April 2012, 11:21   #1119  |  Link
-Vit-

nhope: Recent versions of QTGMC support the settings thSCD1 and thSCD2 directly

hydra3333: The first post explains about multi-threading, but you won't get stability with 2.57MT as it has many known bugs in the multi-threading. If you follow the instructions carefully it's very easy to get SEt's 2.6MT stable on SD and get a huge speed-up on that encoding speed. It's a bit trickier to MT HD because of the massive memory use of MT avisynth. If you don't want to change avisynth version then run several encoding processes simultaneously each processing a different chunk (how you do that is up to you). Another idea to try, especially for HD, is to encode to lossless in pass 1 (I like huffyuv for speed) then to x264 in pass 2. It uses huge amounts of disk space (100s GB per hour for HD).

Last edited by -Vit-; 1st April 2012 at 16:58. Reason: ...
Old 1st April 2012, 18:52   #1120  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

-Vit-,

are you planning to recompile "your" plugins with the changes regarding the new Avisynth 2.6 CVS commit?
Closed Thread