Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th February 2003, 22:01   #1  |  Link
neo_born

If Gordian or My puter crashes during 2nd pass?

Hey guys,
If my puter crashes or resets during the 2nd pass in a two pass encode is there a way I can pick up from the end of the first pass ie just put in the log and then carry on with the 2nd pass. Any help with this would be great.
neo_born is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2003, 23:56   #2  |  Link
OvERaCiD23

Sure can. Just open up VirtualDub, load your .avs, select FastRecompress, hit Ctrl+C (bring up compression menu, also accessible through the toolbar), select DivX. Settings should already be setup if your computer crashed, but just double check the bitrate and log file (make sure it's on 2nd pass). Then save the file, and that's it. I dunno if GKnot can do it (probably can), I don't use it for encoding, just the calculations.
OvERaCiD23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2003, 00:41   #3  |  Link
neo_born

Thanks Dude!

Right on .....thanks for the quick solution.

You rock dude!
neo_born is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2003, 12:03   #4  |  Link
piscator

Do you know why your puter crashes? Because it shouldn't.

A crash or especially a reset can indicate overheating of your processor. Try a thermal monitor that came with your mobo to see if that is the case. Or lower the processor speed and see if your puter still crashes.

Piscator.
piscator is offline   Reply With Quote