Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Closed Thread

Old 6th March 2014, 22:17   #681  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Burrito View Post
woah woah woah, lansing, are you running that script into premier? Frameserving to an full editing application is supposed to only include source filters. Yes you "can" do it, but it is highly unrecommended (especially with heavy filters like qtgmc).
my script wasn't "that" heavy compare to mctd, and I'm using preset=fast, and my resolution wasn't 1080. And I ran it with no problem using avs 2.6mt.
Old 6th March 2014, 22:33   #682  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Burrito View Post
woah woah woah, lansing, are you running that script into premier? Frameserving to an full editing application is supposed to only include source filters. Yes you "can" do it, but it is highly unrecommended (especially with heavy filters like qtgmc).
I see no reason why frameserving to a "full editing application" like Premier shouldn't work reliably. So I still consider lansing's report a valid bug report and I will look into it. Right now I suspect it is not a leak, but some weird cache-behaviour which should be fixed, but this is just a guess right now.
Old 7th March 2014, 17:28   #683  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

I'm going to hop on from Avisynth MT (SEt's latest v2.6 build) to Avisynth+ just for some testing. Are there going to be any expected difficulties that I definitely should be aware of or can I simply install it and start fiddling on things?
Old 7th March 2014, 19:14   #684  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
I'm going to hop on from Avisynth MT (SEt's latest v2.6 build) to Avisynth+ just for some testing. Are there going to be any expected difficulties that I definitely should be aware of or can I simply install it and start fiddling on things?
This bug makes it hard to tell different issues apart from each other. For this reason I would suggest you wait for the next public build, which will have not only this but also other important fixes in place, some already corrected in the repository.
Old 7th March 2014, 19:31   #685  |  Link
aegisofrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultim View Post
It also has been discovered that in some cases the MT protection is not correctly applied to all filters. This is also the source of multiple problems reported here on the forums, like the issue with DSS+AudioDub, or with Mpeg2Source(1080i). Theoretically it can also cause leaks in filters.

A fix for this is on the way, but it may not be the cause for you at all. To make sure your leak gets fixed in the next public build, please post your script, and the format+resolution of your video (or even better, a short sample clip).
Is this bug present in the last stable build, the one before MT was implemented? Because I have been finding that I have this script that always seem to crash in the same spot, and I guess it might be due to a leak.

Here's my script:

Quote:
LoadPlugin("C:\DGDecIM\DGDecodeIM.dll")
DGsource("I:\Test\F1_T2_Video - .h264",engine=1)
AssumeTFF()
QTGMC(Preset="Very Slow")
Crop(0,0,0,-8)
I know that DGSourceIM is still in beta, but the script also crashes with the more mature DGAVCSource...

I would love to post my source, but it's a 20GB H264 from a Blu-Ray so that might be impractical...
Old 7th March 2014, 20:14   #686  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
Is this bug present in the last stable build, the one before MT was implemented?
No, it is not present in the stable build. That bug is strictly MT-related, and even in MT-builds only manifests if you have a Prefetch() call in your script.

I'll look at that bug of yours. It is also surely not due to the new caches, because the stable build still uses the old cache.
Old 8th March 2014, 00:43   #687  |  Link
Evil_Burrito

I guess I stand semi-corrected. I did not mean to say it will be unstable, I just meant it will slow down your workflow while you are editing. Is this statement incorrect?
Old 11th March 2014, 14:43   #688  |  Link
real.finder

hi

In order to avoid problems with fft3dgpu and Internal mt and other problems, it would be better to have mode 0, SetFilterMTMode("", none)

in mode 0 no mt mode will use, like works in regular avs

and for Prefetch, the 0 should be auto like regular avs mt, and make it default

thanks

Last edited by real.finder; 11th March 2014 at 14:45.
Old 11th March 2014, 14:50   #689  |  Link
innocenat

Quote:
Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
hi

In order to avoid problems with fft3dgpu and Internal mt and other problems, it would be better to have mode 0, SetFilterMTMode("", none)

thanks
I am not sure what you mean. If you don't use Prefetch (or Prefetch(0)) everything will behave like regular non-multithreaded Avisynth.

If you are saying that there should be a mode where no MT mode is set for some filter in multithreaded filter chain, that would be impossible. The problem is that we are dealing with "filter chain" where its downstream filter can request frame from it however it wants. This is where MT mode come into play: it controls how the downstream filter request the frame from parent filter. Sadly, it still isn't perfect and we are still having problem.
Old 11th March 2014, 15:00   #690  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
If you are saying that there should be a mode where no MT mode is set for some filter in multithreaded filter chain
yes, that what I mean, some thing like I said here previously

Quote:
that would be impossible
what about some thing like mp_pipeline but internal?

-----------

About my words for Prefetch, is meant for it's number of threads

Last edited by real.finder; 11th March 2014 at 15:09.
Old 11th March 2014, 20:05   #691  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
hi

thanks
I've had a similar idea. There would be 4th MT-mode, for example MT_DISABLED/MT_SINGLE_ONLY/MT_NO_MT (pick any naming you like), and if a filter uses this mode in a multi-threaded filter chain, the user would get an error that MT with that filter is not supported.
Old 12th March 2014, 19:12   #692  |  Link
ajp_anton

I just realized that Overlay doesn't do its processing in RGB. Could this be "fixed"?
Old 12th March 2014, 20:14   #693  |  Link
Gavino
Avisynth language lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp_anton View Post
I just realized that Overlay doesn't do its processing in RGB. Could this be "fixed"?
For RGB inputs, Layer() is preferable to Overlay() for most purposes. It's faster and uses less memory, but the range of features is not exactly the same, so it cannot do some things that Overlay() can.
Old 12th March 2014, 21:41   #694  |  Link
ajp_anton

Why do we even have all those different functions? Overlay's "opacity" parameter could replace even Merge. Woudn't it be more practical to just have one function to do all of this?
Old 12th March 2014, 22:31   #695  |  Link
TurboPascal7

Quote:
Why do we even have all those different functions? Overlay's "opacity" parameter could replace even Merge. Woudn't it be more practical to just have one function to do all of this?
There are multiple ways of doing pretty much anything in avisynth, nothing really wrong with that.

I agree that the overlay/layer situation is a bit confusing, but without breaking compatibility with existing scripts, the best thing we could do is to unify the codebase and make one function a wrapper (possibly a script one) of another.
Old 13th March 2014, 00:45   #696  |  Link
ajp_anton

Merge could also be implemented as a wrapper, unless you can make it faster by skipping all the extra stuff.
But yes, Overlay and Layer should be merged into one function with all the features and supported colorspaces of both, without doing unnecessary internal conversions.
Old 13th March 2014, 02:19   #697  |  Link
DeathAngelBR

Well, hello.

I'm just wondering if a previous filter chain used for encoding with avisynth is going to work with avisynth+. I'm getting a bit more performance with the same settings in avs+, so it made me think that maybe the plugins/filters aren't working properly.

Code:
LoadPlugin("D:\Edição de video\MeGUI\tools\dgavcindex\DGAVCDecode.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\Arquivos de programas\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\removegrain\RemoveGrainSSE2.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\Arquivos de programas\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\removegrain\RepairSSE2.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\Arquivos de programas\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\removegrain\RSharpenSSE2.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\Arquivos de programas\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\outros\mt_masktools-26.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\Arquivos de programas\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\outros\mvtools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\Arquivos de programas\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\outros\AddGrainC.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\Arquivos de programas\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\outros\dither.dll")
Import("D:\Arquivos de programas\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\outros\dither.avs")

video_ep04 = AVCSource("I:\BDMV Symphogear G Vol. 2\BDMV\STREAM\00004.dga")
video_ep05preview = AVCSource("I:\BDMV Symphogear G Vol. 2\BDMV\STREAM\00013.dga")

video_ep04 ++ video_ep05preview

addborders(0,4,0,4)
super = MSuper(pel=2, sharp=1)
backward_vec1 = MAnalyse(super, isb = true, delta = 1, overlap=4,mt=true)
forward_vec1 = MAnalyse(super, isb = false, delta = 1, overlap=4,mt=true)
MDegrain1(super, backward_vec1,forward_vec1,thSAD=64)
crop(0,4,0,-4,align=true)
dither_convert_8_to_16().dither_resize16(1280,720).smoothgrad().gradfun3(lsb_in=true,lsb=true,smode=2,mask=3).dither_out()
Old 13th March 2014, 15:44   #698  |  Link
ajp_anton

Oh, and call me retarded, but where do I get revisions newer than r1576?
At least in that version, Layer completely ignores the overlay clip's alpha and assumes it's zero everywhere.
Code:
m = colorbars
c = blankclip(m,color=$808080)
o = blankclip(m,color=$ff0000)

o = mask(o,m)

layer(c,o)
#o.showalpha #to see that the mask is indeed there
Overlay red on top of grey with the colorbars greyscale as mask. Works in 2.6.

Last edited by ajp_anton; 13th March 2014 at 17:09.
Old 13th March 2014, 16:08   #699  |  Link
CarlPig

Quote:
Oh, and call me retarded, but where do I get revisions newer than r1576?
At least in that version, Layer completely ignores the overlay clip's alpha and assumes it's zero everywhere.
Code:
m = colorbars
c = blankclip(m,color=$808080)
o = blankclip(m,color=$ff0000)

o = mask(o,m)

layer(c,o)
#o.showaplha #to see that the mask is indeed there
Overlay red on top of grey with the colorbars greyscale as mask. Works in 2.6.
I think this is the newest release: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...64#post1666364
Old 13th March 2014, 17:09   #700  |  Link
ajp_anton

Thanks.
Nope, Layer doesn't work there either. This is the reason I used Overlay in the first place, couldn't figure out how to get Layer to work so I switched. Turns out the fault wasn't mine =).
Closed Thread