Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26th January 2003, 07:19   #1  |  Link
stokesd3

Troubles with Rempeg....

Hi all,

Have managed to rempeg several movies to date, but having trouble with one particular one for some reason.

Basically, the VOB files that I've ripped appear to run ok, but when I rempeg them into a new .m2v file, the picture jumps back and forth all the way through. Audio is unaffected.

What I also found strange was the fact that I had to encode it at a much lower bitrate than the figure the bitrate calculator gave. Before, it has always been pretty close.

Any ideas please? At first I thought it would be multi-angle problems but this would show in the original VOB files as well...

Dave
stokesd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2003, 11:19   #2  |  Link
mike4692

is it a warner bros movie

if it is do a search and you will find you need to get rid of the 12 second logo , it will then work ok
Old 30th January 2003, 01:11   #3  |  Link
comfysofa

yup - ive had some probs too - try this for size......load in the m2v file to rempeg and it does the job but the picture goes from "blocky" back to fine twice every second or so.....jay and silent bob strike back is one.....+ loaded the x men in and it says unsupported res of 4526256725x234234234 or something like that, the last is a general but ill ask while im typing. Tried to do a back up of crocodile hunter region 1 but when i chuck it into spruce up i cant put any chapter stops in - it just jumps from one end to the other....ever seen that.....well i hope some one can help...thanks

Comfy
comfysofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2003, 08:12   #4  |  Link
stokesd3

Thanks for your replies. In the end I used DVD2One to encode it.
Quality program - well worth the £30!

Dave
Old 31st January 2003, 11:05   #5  |  Link
mike4692

rempeg wont work with all movies and you should try CCE to re_encode , however TWOTS is that dvd2one is great , you should give that a go if you only want the movie(£30 roughly)or($48 us)
Old 31st January 2003, 12:51   #6  |  Link
stokesd3

I have... That's what I said

Dave
Old 1st February 2003, 00:33   #7  |  Link
comfysofa

yeah - ive used cce but get the same result..........case in point - have you got/or know anyone whoose got crocodile hunter region 1 - try that......
ive just got dvd2one but it turfs out very glitchy discs i tried to follow the ifo edit thing.....but it errored.....havent gone back to it but im very hazy about what ifo edit is and how it works..... if anyone knows of a kind of general learning guide about it....post the link.....
comfysofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2003, 13:46   #8  |  Link
HomerJ

comfysofa,

The link is at the front of the Doom9 home page. Go to the bottom of this page, and click on "Doom9.org" that takes you to the fron page, checkout the guides section.

HomerJ

PS.

What was the problem with DVD2one ? I have not read of any problems with this new program.

Is the disc faulty in some way ?
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote