Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 23rd March 2011, 13:26   #281  |  Link
stefvienna

Hi guys,

I seem to face a similar issue as others here with MeGui_x64. I run it on Win7_x64.
I try to open an mkv-container with just a vc-1 vodeo stream in it.
I can open the mkv-file in MPC_x64 and it plays fine.
I created a graph with GraphEdit_x64 and it renders fine.
I tried to load the graph in VirtualDub and it renders fine as well.
This was just to make sure that the source file itself is ok.
Now I tried to do the same as I did on another box (Vista) with MeGui 32 (where it works) and open the mkv-file with the AVS Script Creator and get this error message:

and this one:

When I try to load the AVS file: "DirectShowSource("E:\Demuxed\00221.track_4113.grf",fps=23.976,audio=false)" directly in MeGui I get the same error message as above:

So what wold you suggest? Is it a problem of the VC-1 DirectShow filter (if so, which filter should I use?) or of my MeGui_x64 installation?
Any thoughts welcome!

Cheers, Stefan
stefvienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2011, 03:57   #282  |  Link
RobertoHN

MeGUI Has Stopped Working

Hello, I have been working with Megui for a long time but yesterday I upgraded my OS from Vista Ultimate 64 Bits to Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bits and installed this distro of MeGUI but every time I want to start the jobs I have in the queue I always get this message:

No matter what version of MeGUI I use it always crashes and I don't think it has to do something related with the fact that I am running a 64 bits version because I have been using this for a long time on Win Vista 64 bits version also.

I think I have all required tools installed, I have:
1.- Avisynth64 bits version.
2.- KLite Codec Pack (MEGA)
3.- .NET Framework 4

Does anyone know how can I solve this problem?

This is the detailed message about why MeGUI crashes.

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	BEX64
  Application Name:	MeGUI.exe
  Application Version:	1.0.2057.0
  Application Timestamp:	4e9ae374
  Fault Module Name:	ffms2.dll
  Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:	4e83cbb7
  Exception Offset:	0000000000033158
  Exception Code:	c0000417
  Exception Data:	0000000000000000
  OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	1dde
  Additional Information 2:	1dde3db2a31b063b6029a44c047ebae4
  Additional Information 3:	0c9c
  Additional Information 4:	0c9c54ee138c8306b3e3f975bfca61e7

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
RobertoHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2011, 06:40   #283  |  Link
Kyo47

my megui x64 gives me the warning "unable to render the file you probably you dont have the correct filters installed" i tryed everything to put megui working but no sucess, always give this error in every video i open, in this case it is a .H264 file im trying to convert to an .avi 1080p xvid. Someone knows the solution?

Bruce Lee

Last edited by Kyo47; 18th December 2011 at 06:45.
Kyo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2011, 16:30   #284  |  Link
Zathor

Please provide the log so that we can see what you are trying to do.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2011, 17:56   #285  |  Link
Kyo47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Please provide the log so that we can see what you are trying to do.
There is no log, when i try to create a script appears this:

Bruce Lee
Old 19th December 2011, 08:17   #286  |  Link
the_weirdo
Yes, I'm weird.

@Kyo47
Try using FFMS2 (or other suitable source filters) instead of DirectShowSource. You can solve that error message by installing appropriate 64-bit DirectShow splitters/decoders and set their merits to high enough so that they get used by DSS, but that isn't recommended, anyway.
the_weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 19:14   #287  |  Link
Kyo47

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_weirdo View Post
@Kyo47
Try using FFMS2 (or other suitable source filters) instead of DirectShowSource. You can solve that error message by installing appropriate 64-bit DirectShow splitters/decoders and set their merits to high enough so that they get used by DSS, but that isn't recommended, anyway.
can you give the link to the new 64 bit download
splitter/decoders?

Edit: I don't understand why megui 32bit i have, why he splitted the movie i converted to avi 1080p with size 3,90 GB with 2 audios primary japonese and secondary in english, i thought megui on the final... muxed the avi with the 2 audios in one file, but megui splitted in two avi files, i dont understand this, i put the configuration not to split.

- Final.Fantasy.VII.Advent.Children.COMPLETE.2005.BRrip.1080p-Kyo47 (1) - Size: 1,95 GB - Time: 01:09:07
- Final.Fantasy.VII.Advent.Children.COMPLETE.2005.BRrip.1080p-Kyo47 (2) - Size: 1,93 GB - Time: 00:57:19

What the hell happened? both files together should give a total of 3,88 GB, because i put it to made it in a single 3,90 GB avi file, why he splitted if i put to not to split?
I tried to mux the two avi files in one with avimuxGUI, but it seems he only mux all audios with one video, because he only select one video in red and mux only one video with all audios, even with the two added avi . It seems AviMuxGUI don't have the option "all video streams" too, only have "all audio streams" and "all subtitles".

Bruce Lee

Last edited by Kyo47; 19th December 2011 at 23:30.
Old 20th December 2011, 05:18   #288  |  Link
the_weirdo
Yes, I'm weird.

Like I said, you should use ffms (via Indexer option). If you want to use DSS, you must be very experienced with DirectShow filters, and therefore, you're on your own.

About your other problem, I think it was answered somewhere, but because I'm on cellphone, it's hard for me to find it for you. Also, you may want to post that problem on MeGUI 32 bit thread instead.
the_weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 18:57   #289  |  Link
Kyo47

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_weirdo View Post
Like I said, you should use ffms (via Indexer option). If you want to use DSS, you must be very experienced with DirectShow filters, and therefore, you're on your own.

About your other problem, I think it was answered somewhere, but because I'm on cellphone, it's hard for me to find it for you. Also, you may want to post that problem on MeGUI 32 bit thread instead.
ok i'll wait for information then, no hurry

Bruce Lee
Old 20th December 2011, 21:09   #290  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyo47 View Post
I don't understand why megui 32bit i have, why he splitted the movie i converted to avi 1080p with size 3,90 GB with 2 audios primary japonese and secondary in english, i thought megui on the final... muxed the avi with the 2 audios in one file, but megui splitted in two avi files, i dont understand this, i put the configuration not to split.
Select the Device Type "PC" for AVI Muxing. "Standard" is used for maximum compatibility and therefore it splits at 2GB as most/some SAP cannot playback files >2GB.
Old 20th December 2011, 22:42   #291  |  Link
Kyo47

Quote:
Select the Device Type "PC" for AVI Muxing. "Standard" is used for maximum compatibility and therefore it splits at 2GB as most/some SAP cannot playback files >2GB.
thanks for the help. i would never guess that was the solution.

Bruce Lee
Old 16th January 2012, 19:13   #292  |  Link
tomcat_

i have setup on my pc both versions of megui x32 and 64, in separate folders. I have updated the avisynth according to the instruction at the top of this thread.

I have encoded (x264, aac) the same file (6min video, chapter from dvd) both in x32 and x64.

In both occasions i have no issues or errors. The only thing i have noticed when i updated the avisyth to x64 is that now after i press save in avs creator a preview windows comes up, without me having checked that option (unless is a feature of 2098) and also the analysis on the x64 seems slower (??) than x32.

However, those are minor things. Below is a ss from both versions of megui. Surprisingly on the x32 version the encoding is slighlty faster than the x64....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/megui.jpg/

Am i doing something wrong, or the megui x32 is using the x264 64bit version anyway, (i have it ticked) so there is no difference?

*edit* those are the encoding settings:

program --level 4.1 --preset veryslow --tune film --crf 24.5 --min-keyint 25 --ref 4 --subme 7 --no-fast-pskip --output "output" "input"

Last edited by tomcat_; 16th January 2012 at 22:32. Reason: add info
tomcat_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2012, 01:00   #293  |  Link
meshaun

Hi, This x64 bit MeGUI performs fast than the x86? What's the big difference about this one? And Zathor, you rock man. Always something new with MeGUI
meshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2012, 06:48   #294  |  Link
tomcat_

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshaun View Post
Hi, This x64 bit MeGUI performs fast than the x86? What's the big difference about this one? And Zathor, you rock man. Always something new with MeGUI
the difference about this one is that the x32 version is performing faster than the x64, at least on my example and settings...
tomcat_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 21:56   #295  |  Link
Wam7

So there is really no point in getting MeGUI x64 working? I've followed the instructions for installing AviSynth x64 but MeGUI x64 is not loading it. If there are no real benefits then I won't waste time trying to get it working!
Wam7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2012, 09:45   #296  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wam7 View Post
So there is really no point in getting MeGUI x64 working? I've followed the instructions for installing AviSynth x64 but MeGUI x64 is not loading it.
Please be more specific. E.g. what kind of error do you get, log files, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wam7 View Post
If there are no real benefits then I won't waste time trying to get it working!
The benefit is that it is faster, has no (real) memory limit of a single process. But... as a lot of filters are missing and AviSynth x64 has new bugs itself I recommend to use MeGUI x86.
Old 31st July 2012, 14:22   #297  |  Link
Wam7

Quote:
Please be more specific. E.g. what kind of error do you get, log files, ...
It's a fairly straight forward install... I used the 1.03 x64 Avisynth, copy the .dll to System32 then the DevIL.dll, run install in Admin mode. (though it doesn't mention doing anything with the MT.dll & DirectShowSource.dll)

Quote:
The benefit is that it is faster, has no (real) memory limit of a single process. But... as a lot of filters are missing and AviSynth x64 has new bugs itself I recommend to use MeGUI x86.
I would still like to try out the x64 version as I don't use many filters.

I managed to iron out some of the problems I ran into trying out MeGUI i.e. XvidEncraw would crash sometimes when Xvid was set to use 8 cores, dropping to 6 or 4 would fix this.
But one issue I do have is with source .avi files that have packed bitstream. Do I have to unpack these manually, say in AviDemux then load them back in to MeGUI?
Wam7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 09:41   #298  |  Link
nakTT

Hi, is this x64 version of MeGUI is still in active development?

Thanks, Zathor! For your awesome MeGUI (especially x86)
nakTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 23:20   #299  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakTT View Post
Hi, is this x64 version of MeGUI is still in active development?
I am not using the x64 myself, but I compile x64 and x86 together so the features are identical, but as AviSynth x64 is not developed anymore I may drop x64 in the future.
Old 6th January 2013, 16:09   #300  |  Link
Zathor

Is anyone still using MeGUI x64? I would like to discontinue it.